• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

I'm excited, my 3 favorite players (Dickerson, Rathbun, Hammes) are on the final 2 cards tomorrow.

Anyone giving odds on either a successful excessive time or stance violation call?

Well... we all know JohnE isn't afraid to start counting...:D

...and Brodie strikes me as the kind of player that would be a stickler for the rules with his ball golf background.

Anybody know the scores for mp40?

B-Pool didn't finish play today. That includes MA50, MP50, FP40, and MP40.

They will finish Round 1 tomorrow, and there will be no Round 2 for B-Pool. Just one round at Cottonwood and one round Friday and Jones Gold.

We were the card waiting to tee off when they called the lightning delay, and then no play resumed after about a 2 hour delay. 4 holes were inaccessible, 2 more holes had teepads under water, several others had ob lines underwater...

A little bit of excitement out there today.

Jones started off with extremely good conditions and low winds.. Storms all around, but they managed to bypass Emporia for the most part. Started getting some lightning around 10-15 miles near the end of the MPO field. Second card teed off and we almost immediately got some lightning inside 5 miles and had to call it. The 30 minute delay was pretty uneventful (and even halfway sunny at times), and the rain finally hit as soon as we got the players back out. A few holes of heavy rain for the MPO field, but decent conditions for a lot of their rounds. 30 minute delay rolled over to the FPO field, so they ended up teeing 20-30 minutes late. FPO started in good conditions, but we could see a line of storms heading directly for Emporia. No lightning in any of the approaching storms, so they had to play through a hole or two of pretty heavy rain. After not seeing any lightning within 50 miles, we got popped with 3 strikes within a mile all at the same time. Immediate suspension of play, but then no more lightning after those. Got them back on the course and playing in pretty decent conditions, but the two rain delays pushed us to sunset. Final cards had to suspend play for the night and will go back out at 8:30 tomorrow morning to finish.

All the while, Swope was getting absolutely pummeled for hours on end. Dozens of lightning strikes and hours of rain. A significant portion of the field never even got to start their rounds. Ouch.

Somebody get Hannah a dg gossip talk show on E! or Bravo.

Facial expressions, choice of words, and Paul chiming in from the background actually made Smashboxx entertaining. She's running the show and Terry is just trying to stay out of her way lol.

Has anyone else noticed Dickerson not going to the step putt nearly as often?? He drained a 50+ footer early in the round without it and it seems like he's made a conscious effort to keep the same consistent balanced stroke inside and outside the circle.

I think (hope?) consensus is building that it's poor sportsmanship to force your co-competitors to require instant replay to tell whether you foot faulted. The step-through putt, even if it adheres to the letter of the law, generates enough ill will that people are moving away from it. I think everyone knows that you are not supposed to advance your body past your lie before you release, but the rules are not written in a way that can enforce it.

I like what he's been doing with the straddle-step -- falling through with his non-plant foot when outside the circle is like a ninja dad putt.

Zach Melton improved upon his 11 on the 1st hole yesterday by taking an 8 today. If we were just counting the last 17, he'd be near the top.

I think (hope?) consensus is building that it's poor sportsmanship to force your co-competitors to require instant replay to tell whether you foot faulted. The step-through putt, even if it adheres to the letter of the law, generates enough ill will that people are moving away from it. I think everyone knows that you are not supposed to advance your body past your lie before you release, but the rules are not written in a way that can enforce it.

I like what he's been doing with the straddle-step -- falling through with his non-plant foot when outside the circle is like a ninja dad putt.

You think that pro players are deciding to stop, step and jump putting, because they feel bad that it places their opponents, in a bad rules position?

Some awesome shots and putts on the Jomez coverage. But this course is such a snooze. Peppered with soft par 4s where its pretty much all the same where you land your disc. I much prefer specific landing zones, and hopefully with a specific route to get there. If its up to having the announcer to tell me whether it was a good tee shot or not, then its not very visually appealing.

Latest posts