• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Texas State Disc Golf Championship Mar 26-28

Got a chance to check out some of these practice rounds showcasing this course.

This is DISC GOLF!

I love this course. I love a course that forces players to throw hard through small (but fair) gaps.
The terrain is beautiful.

I live in Texas and will be playing these courses sometime this year. I will get my AZZ handed to me and im sooooo amped for that.

I like a course that truly pushes the players. Not because the course has a bunch of big long hyzer holes or holes you can throw wide open 500ft shots. A course that makes the player throw an accurate powerful shot and if you dont, you hit a tree and have a difficult approach.

Only con to these types of courses is for galleries. Thick woods is not great for large amounts of people to watch these guys live.

Don't know if I will get over to the course, but it does look stellar. Should be an interesting tourney.

I've watched some of the practice round stuff and I'm kind of meh.

You see someone step up to 100 trees. You don't see the basket. You see a gap. The pro will be pointing in that direction. Then they hit some other gap, someone says nice shot, and the disc hits a tree, and then they have no real look at the basket.

Personally, I find it pretty frustrating to watch. I want to see the disc fly.

I've watched some of the practice round stuff and I'm kind of meh.

You see someone step up to 100 trees. You don't see the basket. You see a gap. The pro will be pointing in that direction. Then they hit some other gap, someone says nice shot, and the disc hits a tree, and then they have no real look at the basket.

Personally, I find it pretty frustrating to watch. I want to see the disc fly.

With the back cam behind the player and catch cam, they should be able to track the throws pretty well and I think it will be entertaining to watch.

With the back cam behind the player and catch cam, they should be able to track the throws pretty well and I think it will be entertaining to watch.

I just don't think it is for me. Which is fine.

I like the wooded 9 in Waco a lot, because people have to throw specific shots and hit tight lines, but the fairways are obvious and defined.

I kinda like to see what's basically the opposite of Vegas/golf course tournaments. We need both extremes to challenge players, and to showcase players with different skills. We've seen the same 4-5 big bombers at the top for a while, but this course will hopefully showcase the better woods players like Conrad and MJ. Plus some of the scramble shots these players make are amazing or sometimes hilarious.
I can't throw 400 and likely never will, but I can hit a 4-foot gap most of the time, and I can scramble like a mf so this is the only time I can almost compare my game to theirs.

I'm probably the most excited to watch this tournament compared to the previous ones this season. WACO was a nice change up LVC, Memorial, and Belton, but the wooded shots basically ask you to hit one specific line. I much prefer to watch a wooded course that gives you more than one route to the basket.

I'm also really impressed to see how well Brodie Smith is doing on this front 9 so far. I kinda thought his placement at LVC was purely because he could throw far and cause he putts well. I definitely expected him to struggle right from the start at Dogwood but it appears his woods game is good enough to hang, for now at least.

I just don't think it is for me. Which is fine.

I like the wooded 9 in Waco a lot, because people have to throw specific shots and hit tight lines, but the fairways are obvious and defined.

I get it. Watching the practice rounds, I didn't really see a "line". It kind of feels like they are just throwing it in a direction and hoping for the best.

I'm hoping with multiple camera angles it makes more sense.

Ironically, the ams are probably playing the tougher courses out there. Dogwood has been cleaned up a bit so recovery shots will be easier. Whoever scrambles best at Dogwood will likely come out on top. Surprised MJ didn't make the trip.

Does anyone know how the in-depth stats are kept on UDisc Live? Is each person on the card entering their stats into UDisc as they play or is a UDisc rep out there following each card and tracking it?

I was watching the press conference interviews. Did you know that Ricky had some kind deal with lyme disease and now he's a big nutrition nut???

#sarcasm

He's playing great, but we've heard it all. McBeth did seem to take a shot at Rick about it.

McBeth did seem to take a shot at Rick about it.

How's that exactly? All I heard from Pablo was that he essentially loves putting on a show for the crowd and when he and Ricky are at the top of their games, they're a league apart from everyone else in the field.

Casey White is having a heck of a round so far. That time he spent with Simon over the last couple years seems to be paying off.

Kevin Kiefer with an ace on hole 2

How's that exactly? All I heard from Pablo was that he essentially loves putting on a show for the crowd and when he and Ricky are at the top of their games, they're a league apart from everyone else in the field.

Maybe I misinterpreted it (~1:32:53), but when he was talking about his issues with injury over the past 2 years, he said something about Rick's health issues were much worse.

Actually, he said "he's got to do more than I have to deal with"

So, maybe it wasn't intended to be anything.

One of the top guys will shoot an -11 or -12 I'm guessing but i wouldn't expect him to be worse than 3rd or 4th judging from what the others have done so far.

Big Jerm dropping a -8. He hasn't had too many good rounds since I've been watching. I know he likes the tighter courses.

Latest posts