• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Texas State Disc Golf Championship Mar 26-28

A lot of golf left yet. Watching footage from the past two weekends is a good reminder that all of these players are just getting warmed up for the season.

PP will get it together -- six strokes isn't much on the Dogwood track -- but it's going to be a longer road to 1000 than she probably wants it to be.

Looking forward to seeing both the lead cards tomorrow. Hope we can follow the action on the course in person someday again. Even the low cards are smack full of talent these days.

There was a lot of good putting today. Big jerk didn't miss a putt. Plenty of other people made multiple putts outside 40 feet. Seems like there were a few people just inches from being on the lead card. I'm looking forward to a tight race this weekend.

I haven't watched yet, but I would guess the thick woods will also be a detriment to video coverage?

(This doesn't mean I want them to cut the trees down, just pointing out the con)

Yeah but the catch cam helps show the line they are trying to hit.

Also i wish Jomez would flex some of their video skills on these wooded courses. When they first started they would do a virtual hole preview.

I think if they added some CGI with the drone flights of the hole it could show the "fairway" these players are trying to hit. To give the viewer an idea of what the player is trying to accomplish.

I prefer these types of courses for the pros. It is instant reward or scramble. It will make the players throw every shot in their arsenal.

Texas gets a bad rap once in while for too open courses or too rocky, etc. But the bEast and Dogwood are definitely worthy of being on the tour imop.

Texas gets a bad rap once in while for too open courses or too rocky, etc. But the bEast and Dogwood are definitely worthy of being on the tour imop.

Yeah for the 3 months a year that it's not sloppy mud or hotter than blazes.

Also fire ants. **** those little ****ers.

Lots of potential for movement on this course.

Who will be on the lead card tomorrow?

Yeah but the catch cam helps show the line they are trying to hit.

Also i wish Jomez would flex some of their video skills on these wooded courses. When they first started they would do a virtual hole preview.

I think if they added some CGI with the drone flights of the hole it could show the "fairway" these players are trying to hit. To give the viewer an idea of what the player is trying to accomplish.

I prefer these types of courses for the pros. It is instant reward or scramble. It will make the players throw every shot in their arsenal.

I think that comment was in regards to the stream's video quality

Yesterday I had a few times when the stream was buffering. My internet is wireless based, usually works fine streaming, but I'm never certain.

Did anyone else experience buffering during the live stream ?

Hammes out early shoots a -10 after a +1 yesterday. If it starts raining, he might stick up near the top of the board...

Stream quality is much better today so far...(knock on wood)

SOme pixelation here and there but nothing like yesterday before they reset