• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA NT: 2021 Texas State Disc Golf Championship Mar 26-28

Nate Sexton on the difficulty of the Dogwood course, as reflected in the stats: "That's what we want to see. We don't pay our subscription money to see these guys walking around the park smiling." LOL! Totally agree.

I wish this were the average course instead of a hard course.

Is there any FPO post pro yet? Wasn't this AM when I was working and had time to watch.

PP struggling again... I wonder if she has an injury or something...

Doesn't she just generally struggle more often on heavily wooded courses?

From my view, looking at her PDGA stats, when ever she can take advantage of her distance compared to other FPO players is when she tends to dominate the most. When she has no option to do that, she tends to struggle more often. Or at least not dominate. She didn't cash a Waco last year, and despite winning GMC she averaged over 60 points higher in the two rounds on Fox Run compared to the two rounds on Brewster.

Doesn't she just generally struggle more often on heavily wooded courses?

From my view, looking at her PDGA stats, when ever she can take advantage of her distance compared to other FPO players is when she tends to dominate the most. When she has no option to do that, she tends to struggle more often. Or at least not dominate. She didn't cash a Waco last year, and despite winning GMC she averaged over 60 points higher in the two rounds on Fox Run compared to the two rounds on Brewster.

no she struggles with ob

no she struggles with ob

Very high level analysis you have there...

Yes, she does also struggle with OB. 10 strokes in one round at Vegas was insane, but that round was still rated 40 points higher than her round today where she only went OB 3 times. From what I've seen she can still dominate on OB heavy courses much more frequently than she can in heavy woods. The Fox Run course where she averaged over 1030 during the GMC has plenty of OB, the only FPO player who threw less OB than her that weekend was Hokom. The Memorial has more 'real' OB than artificial, but there is still a lot of OB on those courses and she absolutely demolished everyone last year and won by 14. Same with DDO where she won by 10. The only woods course she averaged her rating, or over, last year was Maple Hill.

She can dominate at any course when she is on, but it happens less often the more dense the woods get.

Very high level analysis you have there...

Yes, she does also struggle with OB. 10 strokes in one round at Vegas was insane, but that round was still rated 40 points higher than her round today where she only went OB 3 times. From what I've seen she can still dominate on OB heavy courses much more frequently than she can in heavy woods. The Fox Run course where she averaged over 1030 during the GMC has plenty of OB, the only FPO player who threw less OB than her that weekend was Hokom. The Memorial has more 'real' OB than artificial, but there is still a lot of OB on those courses and she absolutely demolished everyone last year and won by 14. Same with DDO where she won by 10. The only woods course she averaged her rating, or over, last year was Maple Hill.

She can dominate at any course when she is on, but it happens less often the more dense the woods get.

phone a friend and call stevie west and his expert analysis

phone a friend and call stevie west and his expert analysis

Only my mother calls me that.

(Mom, is that you?)

Anyway, I've tried several ways to look for evidence that certain players play better on certain types of courses. I haven't found any that can stand up to any kind of statistical test. But, no one wants to hear or believe that. Since it doesn't really matter, everyone can go ahead and have fun with their pareidolia.

Only my mother calls me that.

(Mom, is that you?)

Anyway, I've tried several ways to look for evidence that certain players play better on certain types of courses. I haven't found any that can stand up to any kind of statistical test. But, no one wants to hear or believe that. Since it doesn't really matter, everyone can go ahead and have fun with their pareidolia.

come on steve

cant you skew the data or something like most researchers do to align with my hypothesis

come on steve

cant you skew the data or something like most researchers do to align with my hypothesis

That sort of thing costs $$$.

Not saying Steve would skew data for money, but...

To think that it doesn't happen when people are commissioned to analyze data is naive IMO.
Hence the beauty of truly independent labs and analysts.

That sort of thing costs $$$.

Not saying Steve would skew data for money, but...

To think that it doesn't happen when people are commissioned to analyze data is naive IMO.
Hence the beauty of truly independent labs and analysts.

i got trades ready

Latest posts