• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

No change. Because I do stupid sh** like crapping the bed the first round and then shooting 10 strokes better the 2nd :\

Ha, solidified my crappy rating drop after a few more rounds dropped off and by throwing a 938 and a 940 in the only event I played yet this year. New Rating 938 down from a 972 high and consistent 960s average for a while...

Up 2 to 930 for the first time. They must have adjusted the ratings for the 1 tournament I have this year that went official. My rounds were initially 917, 917, but round 2 is now a 940.

I think I need to retire. Personal high just reached 912 (at age 56, with only five years DG experience).
But seriously, I'm really beginning to appreciate the consistency it takes to maintain those Advanced and Open ratings many actually GOOD players keep up.

After a terrible showing at the GBO I'm at an all time low. 819

Stayed at 919, dropped some good rounds just to add just as good rounds. Next update is almost guaranteed to go up several points, have a 877 and 851 to drop next update.

Well it WAS supposed to go up, the TD of a tournament i played in february didnt submit the final report in time and still hasnt to this day. I did play in another in April and did well enough to not counter act those horrid ratings I accumulated in early 2016. :sick:

But today with those April ratings I am up to my highest rating yet at 925, up 6 from last update!

Had my first ratings update in 13 months following ACL surgery.

Apr 19, 2016 - 957 with 46 rounds used
May 23, 2017 - 953 with 9 rounds used

My rating uses tournaments from November 2015, March 2016, March 2017, and April 2017. ha

Up into the 940's again (941) for the first time since I sprained my ankle 3 years ago almost to the day - the sprained ankle resulted in an immediate drop when I successfully completed 2 rounds 3 days later, that was then facilitated by a broken foot 4 months later.

Also logged my second ever 1000+ rated round, the first time was about a month before the sprained ankle with a 1022.

Up to 931 from a 914. Would like to at 950+ by the end of the year. I've gotten progressively better at each tournament I've played in 2017 after taking 1.5 years away from organized golf. The rust has been hard to get off.

The biggest thing I've learned this year is how important it is to have a strong approach game. So crucial. Been loading my bag with more putters and less distance drivers.

Up to 837 now, with another low round (727) dropping off. I had been hopeful a tournament which finished right before the ratings update deadline would go on, but looks like I'll have to wait for the next update. Sadly I shot pretty poor (816, 754) at Nationals again, but by the third day, your arm feels like it's going to fall off, so what are you gonna do? The rounds are still higher than Nationals last year, and I'll be able to play in a weekly league this summer, so I'm hopeful that my rating will really improve over the summer.

Wow, up one to 838; Nationals ratings went up to an 824 and a 777, so that definitely helped :hfive:

Up 3 points from the last update. Still down 5 from start of the year. Got to quite crapping the bed during the event and shoot more consistent. Not 900 golf then follow with an 830. 865 rated this go around

-1 to 945. I really felt like I played poorly in my first tournament this year, and am kind of surprised it didn't reflect more in this update.

Only 2 rated rounds this year, but 6-8 more coming in the next month. I'm hoping to be in the 960 area by the end of the year, but I've certainly got more work to do. Consistency and smart decisions on the course are the key for me.

Last edited:
No change here. Have three events in the can, but none have gone official yet. Im expecting my rating to either stay the same or drop a bit, so no rush, I guess...

Up 5 to 965 again. Hoping to finally top 970 next update with a 1000 rated round and 978 round still to be posted. Nationals is normally a tough field for rating though so hopefully I do ok in Michigan.