• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told sillybiz that, as a gay man, I was surprised that he doesn't defend other marginalized people in the LGBTQIA2S+ community but actively speaks out against them. Because of that, he's repeatedly labeled my language and myself as homophobic and stated that I "weaponized" his sexuality against him.

Serious question as I'm always trying to improve; Do you feel that's a valid criticism?

No. Not homophobia at all.

You don't find that to be true? Woj uses personal attacks and the illusion of moral superiority in almost any 'debate' he is ever in, others who are now banned who lean right used the same tactics. Both super mods are active in the politics section and are clearly on the left. So there's no bias there?! mmmk

Regarding Woj specifically, I'm not sure the mods have the time (or desire) to read all of his dissertations. When the personal attacks are buried in 1000+ word posts, it's probably easier to slip them by the censors.

I told sillybiz that, as a gay man, I was surprised that he doesn't defend other marginalized people in the LGBTQIA2S+ community but actively speaks out against them. Because of that, he's repeatedly labeled my language and myself as homophobic and stated that I "weaponized" his sexuality against him.

Serious question as I'm always trying to improve; Do you feel that's a valid criticism?

Pointing out to someone throwing stones that they live in a glass house is not silicabodephobic.

Same for the most part, I consider myself slightly left of center overall but some topics I'm conservative on but that's how it goes here. Once you disagree with whatever the woke consensus DGCR opinion is they label you as a bigot, a racist, and worst of all a conservative. :rolleyes:

anybody who uses the term "woke" like this is not as far left as they'd like you to believe

Regarding Woj specifically, I'm not sure the mods have the time (or desire) to read all of his dissertations. When the personal attacks are buried in 1000+ word posts, it's probably easier to slip them by the censors.
That's a funny criticism that comes up a lot.

"Why haven't you banned that person yet?"

1. We have day jobs so we don't pour over ever single post on the site.

2. "The squeaky *reported* wheel get the grease...or the red card." Posts reported by the community receive more attention than the rest of the posts because every one of us gets an email about it. Multiple retaliatory reports because you can't take an infraction like a grown-up are definitely frowned upon.

3. "I acted like an asshat so they did back and I reported them" is definitely not way to win your dumb online argument. Report, ignore, and move on.

He's entitled to his opinion whether anybody agrees with it or not. Everybody on here comes from different backgrounds/experiences. Battling/calling them out on a social media platform doesn't solve anything imo. I'm not here to change anyones opinion and I truly don't believe that shaming them publicly is going to work anyways. Your comment imo does nothing to keep an honest debate/discussion headed in the right direction. Just my two cents.
He absolutely is! As we all are! HOWEVER - when you present a thought in terms of "as a conservative......." you are presenting yourself as emblematic of a particular group. There is a reason you will not see me present my thoughts "as a progressive" or "as a leftist" unless I am *absolutely certain I am expressing a core tenet of that belief structure* (for example: as a progressive leftist I do not believe in disenfranchisement of the bourgeois - this is core to progressive leftism). And even then I'm hesitant to do so!

Shallows is expressing that the views expressed are emblematic to conservatism, and none of the conservatives here have denied that. None have said that his views are not representative of their own thoughts. Thus far - my query of "What the **** is wrong with you people?" appears to be aimed quite accurately: at the entirety of that group of people who are, thus far, failing to rebut that those views are emblematic of conservatism.

ChrisWoj said:
Shallows is expressing that the views expressed are emblematic to conservatism, and none of the conservatives here have denied that. None have said that his views are not representative of their own thoughts. Thus far - my query of "What the **** is wrong with you people?" appears to be aimed quite accurately: at the entirety of that group of people who are, thus far, failing to rebut that those views are emblematic of conservatism.

It's an easy argument, to argue against things other people didn't say.

It's an easy argument, to argue against things other people didn't say.
All I'm looking for is for those who claim to be conservative here to argue that they are not represented by the views of Shallows, who claimed that his views came of being a conservative.

All I'm looking for is for those who claim to be conservative here to argue that they are not represented by the views of Shallows, who claimed that his views came of being a conservative.

It's not their obligation. Or mine, in my conservative moments.

It's an old political trick. "If my opponent didn't denounce so-and-so, he agrees with it." Sometimes the affiliation is close enough that this is valid; often, it's just a distraction.

Unless they're bragging about how woke they are, of course.

That's why I very specifically said "anybody who uses the term "woke" like this", with "like this" meaning using woke as a negative.

Once you disagree with whatever the woke consensus DGCR opinion is they label you as a bigot, a racist, and worst of all a conservative.

sillybizz is, clearly, not bragging about how woke they are. nice try though!

It's not their obligation. Or mine, in my conservative moments.
I'd argue to the contrary. I don't need every conservative to denounce it, but damn if it isn't damning that none will considering how many are here constantly taking time out to complain about my calling them out - it isn't as though they don't have the time to say something about it. It isn't as though they aren't here participating actively.
It's an old political trick. "If my opponent didn't denounce so-and-so, he agrees with it." Sometimes the affiliation is close enough that this is valid; often, it's just a distraction.
I'm FINE with nuanced response. That is where your example fails. I'm not asking someone to denounce conservatism, I'm not asking someone to denounce Christianity. But I'm certainly asking someone to explain to me how Shallows' claim that the view that women shouldn't participate in athletics, or that they should embrace feeling vulnerable are not emblematic of conservatism. I'm not asking for denunciation and I'm happy to hear an answer with some measure of nuance.

That's why I very specifically said "anybody who uses the term "woke" like this", with "like this" meaning using woke as a negative.

sillybizz is, clearly, not bragging about how woke they are. nice try though!

Fair enough.

I'd argue to the contrary. I don't need every conservative to denounce it, but damn if it isn't damning that none will considering how many are here constantly taking time out to complain about my calling them out - it isn't as though they don't have the time to say something about it. It isn't as though they aren't here participating actively.

I'm FINE with nuanced response. That is where your example fails. I'm not asking someone to denounce conservatism, I'm not asking someone to denounce Christianity. But I'm certainly asking someone to explain to me how Shallows' claim that the view that women shouldn't participate in athletics, or that they should embrace feeling vulnerable are not emblematic of conservatism. I'm not asking for denunciation and I'm happy to hear an answer with some measure of nuance.

Liz Cheney is conservative. Donald Trump is conservative. They don't agree on everything.

Something one self-described conservative (Shallows) says isn't automatically indicative of what every self-described conservative believes. Indeed, a whole bunch of conservatives are saying they support women in athletics -- they claim banning trans-women supports all of the other women.

The same principle applies on the left. Something nutty someone on the left says, doesn't obligate everyone else on the left to denounce, or permit the assumption that they all agree with it if they don't.

You done yet? I said lay off me, I'll lay off you, let's ignore each other but it seems you don't want that do ya? Yeah like it happened exactly like that, gimme a break. :rolleyes: Same deal man let it go and I will too.

I don't know where people get this notion that women are more vulnerable than men. It's not like they're getting permanently injured by playing non-contact sports with biological men or anything...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...head-injury-transgender-girl-lobbed-ball.html

The Daily Mail, huh?

This article is so incredibly biased and uninformed.

You don't "throw" a ball in volleyball and the insinuation is that the trans player did it on purpose.

This happened when the player spiked the ball.

If you've ever cared to watch women's volleyball, you would know this is a somewhat common occurrence.

But based on your past communication issues and stances on here, it fits with your online persona.

As long as you're a part of the woke echo chamber that is DGCR you get to stick around, don't you know how this works?

How is it a "woke echo chamber" when we are literally having this discussion right now?

If it was truly a "woke echo chamber" this discussion wouldn't be allowed.

Be better.

The bottom line is if somebody came on here after gingerandhoney made a point and said what the $&@$ is wrong with you people…. They would be gone.

Tell me I'm wrong….

GMcAtee is still on here and he's posted some pretty aggressive stuff in response to the trans player debate.

So, you're wrong.

GMcAtee is still on here and he's posted some pretty aggressive stuff in response to the trans player debate.

So, you're wrong.

Mods can correct me if I'm wrong but a number of his posts were deleted and he did get a ban for a short while.

Status
Not open for further replies.