• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pet Peeves

Gonna get some heat for this but:
#1 people with obnoxiously long putting/throwing routines... Just throw the dang thing already!
#2 TDs that have terrible payouts
#3 that guy that has an excuse for every bad shot...no you didnt slip you just f'd up

Elaborate on this a little more. What exactly do you mean by "terrible payouts"?

Gonna get some heat for this but:
#1 people with obnoxiously long putting/throwing routines... Just throw the dang thing already!
#2 TDs that have terrible payouts
#3 that guy that has an excuse for every bad shot...no you didnt slip you just f'd up

^these are good

unclarity in tournys. theres no reason OBs mandos pretty much any format issues should occur or at least not be clearly marked on scorecards or other papers for players to refer to. i unpleasantly played a few this year where i ran into issues over OB effecting my game and adding strokes:doh:

i dont like when people go from walking to completely frozen during putting. i understand they want to be less of a distraction but to me it seems so unnatural most times it messes with my focus causing me to regather. perhaps a more natural slowing the walking to a stop??? either way thats just me :\

Terrible payouts being crappy selection of plastic, only one brand of plastic, or in general low dollar amount.

Oh and I will never ever understand the idea of paying out in order from last to first...if you win shouldn't you get the best selection not the picked through bull crap?

Oh and I will never ever understand the idea of paying out in order from last to first...if you win shouldn't you get the best selection not the picked through bull crap?

Ask the TD to not put out the payout bins until the awards are over.

Terrible payouts being crappy selection of plastic, only one brand of plastic, or in general low dollar amount.

This irks me. I've been in the situation where I had to order payouts out of pocket, without knowing exactly how many players would show up. In fact, I'm still in the red for that one. I'm not a retailer, and I guess my payout would have been crappy according to your standards.

The point is, before you criticize payouts, take a look from the other perspective first.

I understand it has to be difficult but having a bunch of either low grade and/or light weight plastic as a payout makes paying a $40 entry fee frustrating as well.

True that. And let the higher divisions get their vouchers first. Even though im in a lower division.

People that bitch about payouts. Especially, when they have never run their own event.

People that bitch about payouts. Especially, when they have never run their own event.

If they'd ever competed in ANY other sport in a tournament fashion, they'd realize how asinine it sounds to expect any sort of payout in an amateur division, ESPECIALLY after getting some sort of player pack.

Do we get a decent players pack with that? Or does the money go to a worthy cause? We need more tournaments like that.

Let's say for $20 you could get a shirt+disc. That would be getting close to $15 wholesale price (closer to $30 retail). The rest of the entry would be used to cover PDGA fees and other administrative fees.

To be honest, at $20 per person, that will be cutting it close to cover everything.

To the OP...Sometimes people just have to learn the hard way. You see, I throw by myself a lot, so I run into this problem quite frequently. Maybe they don't know to let people throw through, maybe their just being jerks. But with me.... If I'm on your tail and you don't ask if I wanna play through, you have about a 3 or 4 hole leeway until I'm throwing down on you. If that makes me a douche...oh well.
If you never even bothered to ask them, I'd say it makes you a king douche.

While considerate players should offer to let faster players play through, if the slower group doesn't willingly offer to let the next group/player play through, IMHO the onus is on the 2nd group to ask.

I play most of my rounds solo, and ask to play through all the time. It's pretty well received about 99% of the time. Regardless how many holes you've had to wait, throwing on them is far more discourteous than their not offering. If you catch up to them, simply ask them "Mind if I play through?" It works pretty well for me. If you never catch them on the tee, then they really aren't holding you up that much.

I'd rather pay 20 dollars for a tournament with no payout than 40 for one with a payout

(cause I am never in the payout)

I haven't been playing very long and Lord knows there's very little about me or my game worth bragging about, but I'm nothing if not considerate.

DG is a great game....and one worth enjoying. I have no qualms whatever about guys on the course taking their time to get every shot right, make every put count, and work their tails off to make their game tip-top. Be you. Do what you do, brother, and tweak that game into a National Championship.

However....

What I absolutely HATE is dudes who have NO consideration for other people. For example, today I was playing The Castle with three of my buddies. We were a foursome and apparently the twosome in front of us started on the back 9. Slow on 10....okay. Might be a bad hole. But no! We're waiting at 11 and they're literally 25 feet in front of the tee-box throwing TWO DISCS EACH. No "Hey, y'all go ahead" or, "Feel free to play through." Just looked back (no courtesy wave even) and then WENT TO FIND THEIR DISCS. Didn't even know where they threw them.

This went on until 17. My foursome waited on every single hole for those two doucherockets. Finally on 17 we're waiting. After five minutes one of them walks out of the woods and says, "You can play through...we're looking for a disc."

As I walked up to my drive I saw the douche who didn't have a beard mad-dogging us seeming to expect us to offer to help find his boyfriend's disc. Nothin' doin', son. F#@! yo couch. Walked on like the Man in Black and birdied that bad boy like it was my job.

I guess the point to this post that I took the scenic route to is that I hate inconsiderate people. If you're slow and people are constantly waiting on you, let 'em play through. Doesn't matter if they have more people....if they're playing faster, stand aside and let 'em go.

That's my pet peeve: Inconsiderance. And yes, I just made that word up. What's yours?

I could not imagine taking the time to write a huge write up on here about every time I ran into DB's on the course. Unfortunately, it's part of the game and you have to deal with the public. It's that way about everywhere you go, even driving down the road. Just breathe and try to not let things bother you so much. :thmbup:

I understand it has to be difficult but having a bunch of either low grade and/or light weight plastic as a payout makes paying a $40 entry fee frustrating as well.

You got a players pack right? Do you factor that in?

Latest posts