• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phone Number on Disc

Vernon - "What if your house- What if your DOPE was on fire?"

Bender - "That's impossible sir, it's in Johnson's shorts."

:D :D Classy response to my comment Corin.

in spite of my/your opinions, it is good to see we all still have a sense of humor....

Great film....seen it at least 25 times...I could probably quote the entire film...

here take my sunglasses..for better hallway vision...I wanna be an airborne ranger....

if this thread keeps going....I'll be forced to tape your butt cheeks together.....

Haha. I think we finally found the cure for disc phone number threads: Breakfast Club quotes.

We have a small grocery store with a sizable disc golf pro-shop in back that's conveniently near our local course and gladly takes in lost and found discs. So, if there's a number I usually text the owner and let them know I'm dropping it off there for pickup. They put a date sticker on discs, hold them for, I think, 3 months, then sell them for $5 to benefit course upkeep. Even if I found one without contact information I'd drop it off there in case the owner comes in looking for it. I don't actually believe in karma, but I figure if I return enough guys' discs, they might return the favor if they find mine. I'm often on the course at dawn before anyone else, and if there was a wind the night before I usually find discs blown out of trees. I've probably found and returned nearly two dozen this summer alone.

Don't loose hope! I've returned a few, and was beginning to wonder whether I'd ever get a call about one of mine. During my most recent round I lost a disc, and a group playing a few holes back called me to let me know they found it. It was just a beat up Valkyrie, and I wouldn't have missed it much, but it was still good to get the call. Even better, they were regulars at the course, and were kind enough to play the rest of the round with me.

Abandon hope, all ye that enter Charlotte area disc golf courses!! :D Honestly, with a combination of 1) Better control on my drives 2) Using day-glo colored discs and 3) NOT getting pissed and turning away from a bad shot (instead focusing on it and it's flight path) I haven't lost a disc in a really long time. I figure, if it's a disc I care about, then I ought to care enough about it to spend 10-20 min in the brush looking for it, right?

Jesus. That's depressing.

I know. :\

That why I don't bother putting my name/number on disks. If I throw it bad enough to loose it then I loose it. Part of the game to me.

At Sugaw creek I put one into the road on 17 and someone jump out of there car. Picked up my disk. Saw me and the rest of my card waving at them to throw it back. Laughed at us and took off :\:thmbdown:

Oh that's a good one. Check this one out:

I was playing a few weeks ago with one of my best and oldest friends, the guy who turned me on to this game waaaaay back in the 90's. We're at Plantation Ruins (one of our favorite local courses) and hit the 3rd tee box. So my buddy steps up, and throws a SWEET new custom dye that was just given to him by a friend (for those interested it was a Cheech & Chong dye and absolutely dead-on it looked like a photo!) and kills a great drive. We all watch it hit the ground, roll in a nice long circle and lay up about 30 feet from the basket in the grass. I wind up, go right into a tree (typical, since there is only one right in the middle of the fairway). The 3rd on our card throws and ends up right in some trouble. As we are walking down the fairway we happen to notice a couple walking down the paved path that goes between 3-4. We wave, coz we're nice like that! They wave back.

We go help the 3rd retrieve his discs from the shule, then I fish mine out of the tree and throw. As we approach the basket, the Cheech & Chong disc is nowhere to be found. We're looking we're looking and it's just... gone. We all tracked it and saw it land in the same place, wide open, in the grass, next to the path.

Next to the path... where those people were walking... while we were on the other side of the fairway...

DING DING!! I look up the path and they are GONE. Like, no way they could have casually walked the 1/2 mile of visible trail in the 5 minutes we've been on the hole.

Those dirtbags saw his righteous C&C disc, saw that we were on the other side of the fairway, and picked that disc and RAN. While we're STANDING ON THAT HOLE.

I couldn't believe it. After we realized what happened my buddy ran after them, but a 45 yr old man was no match and they got away. Simply unbelievable.

I hear ya, I don't write my own number on discs. However, don't let the majority of dickheads change your attitude. You're right, everyone I talk to claims to be the type that would return the disc, but I hear from a lot of people, like you, that claim they never get the call. It is probably the more casual players that steal while the more serious folks, the people like us on this website, who understand the importance of a disc, and will return it.

This coming from someone who had my soldier cooler, wallet, and 16 discs stolen at my local course.

So, I sometimes assume the majority of people playing are dickheads. Still, I continue to act as I want to be acted upon: Return discs, mail discs back to people, and do my part. I didn't let my experience jade me. It's nice when someone gets their "favorite" disc back :clap:

Oh don't get me wrong - I return discs all the time. Just handed an unmarked GL Flow to a player a couple weeks ago, he left it after his putt. I found it and gave it back on the next tee pad. I call numbers when I find them on discs. I *know* I have good disc karma, that's why it's so hard for me to reconcile the fact that I've never received a call about one of my discs. I still do my best to return anything that's marked. If it's unmarked, I'll ask anyone I come into contact with on the course if they lost a disc.

But that still doesn't give me any hope, or reason to mark up a perfectly gorgeous disc with sharpie in hopes that maybe, one, day, a decent person stumbles upon it with the right intentions lol. If these people are brash enough to steal a disc from the fairway we're playing on, in the middle of the day and in plain sight? They aren't calling a number on a disc, that's for sure.

That why I don't bother putting my name/number on disks. If I throw it bad enough to loose it then I loose it. Part of the game to me.

At Sugaw creek I put one into the road on 17 and someone jump out of there car. Picked up my disk. Saw me and the rest of my card waving at them to throw it back. Laughed at us and took off :\:thmbdown:

Oh that's a good one. Check this one out:

I was playing a few weeks ago with one of my best and oldest friends, the guy who turned me on to this game waaaaay back in the 90's. We're at Plantation Ruins (one of our favorite local courses) and hit the 3rd tee box. So my buddy steps up, and throws a SWEET new custom dye that was just given to him by a friend (for those interested it was a Cheech & Chong dye and absolutely dead-on it looked like a photo!) and kills a great drive. We all watch it hit the ground, roll in a nice long circle and lay up about 30 feet from the basket in the grass. I wind up, go right into a tree (typical, since there is only one right in the middle of the fairway). The 3rd on our card throws and ends up right in some trouble. As we are walking down the fairway we happen to notice a couple walking down the paved path that goes between 3-4. We wave, coz we're nice like that! They wave back.

We go help the 3rd retrieve his discs from the shule, then I fish mine out of the tree and throw. As we approach the basket, the Cheech & Chong disc is nowhere to be found. We're looking we're looking and it's just... gone. We all tracked it and saw it land in the same place, wide open, in the grass, next to the path.

Next to the path... where those people were walking... while we were on the other side of the fairway...

DING DING!! I look up the path and they are GONE. Like, no way they could have casually walked the 1/2 mile of visible trail in the 5 minutes we've been on the hole.

Those dirtbags saw his righteous C&C disc, saw that we were on the other side of the fairway, and picked that disc and RAN. While we're STANDING ON THAT HOLE.

I couldn't believe it. After we realized what happened my buddy ran after them, but a 45 yr old man was no match and they got away. Simply unbelievable.

Must...resist...urge...to...lose...hope...in...humanity :wall::wall::wall: That is an awful story. And what makes it worse is when you take a happy go lucky, be a nice person to others, approach to the world, and you get that kind of treatment in return. Sorry to hear that.

Last edited:
I have had several discs returned to me and have returned all the discs that I could track down the owner, but what happened yesterday takes the cake.

Early last summer, a friend and I ware playing at a course a few towns away and I lose my first run Sirius Polaris LS in a very small corpse of trees. We look for ages for the disc before we give up, even walking across the trail into the deep woods in case it rolled. I hoped that I would get a call but never did.
Yesterday my friend had an appt in said area that I lost the disc in. He went to an Alpine Ski center and talked the store manager into taking a first run disc off the wall and selling it to him.
Yesterday evening we go out and play a round, he is poking fun at me because he now has 2 first runs and I have none. He turns the disc over to ink his name in......and there my name and number is on the underside of the disc. The look on his face was priceless...as I am sure mine was too.

You can't make this crap up.

Last edited:
Just found a Nuke at Highbridge yesterday. Texted the number and was politely told to keep it. You'll get your reward eventually!

I found an Axiom Wrath while clearing brush today. Called the guy when I got home and he was at my house in 2 minutes, very happy to get it back.

And still it go's on..... Better not to lose dics! It's easy if you can't throw that far.....

I lost a DX Cobra the other day and a fine gentleman actually called me about it. I told him to keep it. Then yesterday I found another DX Cobra and a Star Wraith on the same course, both with no ink.

Do I have to research around and learn who might have lost a disc from "team kick ass"? Only ink on the disc........

No.

Probably of the same clan that traces their discs on benches and designates the spot as a disc charger.

Throw it as a gift from team kick-ass.