• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is easily the best thread that's been started on this website, and it was started by none other than the creator of it. well done with everything timg. I thoroughly enjoy this site more and more every time i get on here.

playas018.jpg
-
The tightest mando in the world. Gotta shoot through the stump.
Part of the temp course at Q.E. park in Vancouver, BC for the "Around the Park" tournament.
Pictured is Kurt Bayne.

Part of the temp course at Q.E. park in Vancouver, BC for the "Around the Park" tournament.
Pictured is Kurt Bayne.

Croquet anyone?

I took this picture last week at my home course. We get these Bannana Spiders from May-October all over the course. I almost walked into this one. :

0829081554.jpg

Hey Ericj. Does this remind you of the Indy scene where he has to put his arm in that hole in the wall with all of the giant bugs in it? Disgusting!!!! Someone else mentioned that they preferred the disc landing on a snake and I agree totally. The biggest spider I've ever seen around here is only about the size of a silver dollar at full stretch. That monster on the disc sucks harshly! And I'm not squeamish about bugs at all.

My Home Course... Literally

Hole #8 of the Dixie Lee Disc Golf Course on my property in WV. I just think that it's a purty picture and a nice little hole. Blue portable Innova basket almost dead center in the middle of the pic. It plays downhill 235' with the driveway being OB.

#8 Tee, DL Front 9 compressed no text.jpg

She loves her Edge Polecat!

My wonderful 4 year old at my home course. She loves the Edge Polecat I got her for Christmas. Her putting is still a work in progress but her little 40' drives are awesome!

DG Basket With My Prescious Little Girl.jpg

Hole #8 of the Dixie Lee Disc Golf Course on my property in WV. I just think that it's a purty picture and a nice little hole. Blue portable Innova basket almost dead center in the middle of the pic. It plays downhill 235' with the driveway being OB.

View attachment 391

wish i had enough land to do something like that...

The funny thing is...

wish i had enough land to do something like that...

I think its safe to say we all do.

The funny thing is that I complain all of the time about not having a course that's closer than an hour drive away for me. The two closest courses to me are both a little over an hour drive for me (unfortunately in totally opposite directions too). And othersie, it's at least an hour and 45 minutes to the next closest courses.

So using three portable baskets I have 18 holes set up around six basket locations on my property. I posted the following thread...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1491&highlight=build

...that you might be interested in checking out. It shows all 18 holes at my house.

I mentioned it there, too, but I'll say it again. It is so nice getting the positive feedback from people like you guys because it totally opened up my eyes. Where I have to drive an hour or more to get to a course, I have land right in my back, and front, yards... literally. So when people mention being stuck in a tiny apartment, etc. it really makes me remember just how blessed I am to have what I have.

My sincerest thanks to everyone on this site. And Happy 250th post to me! :D

Hey Ericj. Does this remind you of the Indy scene where he has to put his arm in that hole in the wall with all of the giant bugs in it?
Yeah, somewhat. That's the course in Kingwood. I played it once and those spiders were pretty darn big. Makes it interesting when you think about how much time in DG is spent walking and looking at the ground (for a disc). It's really easy to walk right into a big web. :|

ERic

Pretty Hole With the Leaves Changing

This is hole #9 at Valley View Park in Altoona, PA. This is a 351' par 3 that plays at least 30', if not more, down hill. Thick woods lines the entire fairway on the right side. The left side of the fairway is wide open, but a normal RHBH tee shot is protected by a tree that sits right off of the front of the left side of the tee. You also have to be careful as it's hole #7's tee pad that you can see in the top left of the picture. #7 plays up the same hill that you play down on hole #9.

This is a fun hole. I've parked a drive within 20' of the pin on the hole for a nice birdie. (Does 20' qualify as parked?) I've also ended up 30' into the woods, to the left when a forehand tee decided to become a roller, scambling to save a double bogie. Ouch!

This is the first course that I played when I got into the game in the Spring of 2007. So this hole really seemed "epic" to me.

Valley View #9.jpg

My sincerest thanks to everyone on this site. And Happy 250th post to me! :D

You are a treat to have a round bro. Congrats on Birdie Status too BTW!

You are a treat to have a round bro. Congrats on Birdie Status too BTW!

Congrat Jimb!

I loved those pictures of the back nine at your course - some pretty tight fairways in there ;)

Again, thanks. I really appreciate it coming from you long-timers. And about the fairways. Fairways, I don't need no stinking fairways! :p

I guess that I'm the paranoid type and think far too often that I'm just annoying. And, by the way, I'm not soliciting for more ego stroking Sidewinding. :D My ego is well intact.

This is hole #9 at Valley View Park in Altoona, PA. This is a 351' par 3 that plays at least 30', if not more, down hill. Thick woods lines the entire fairway on the right side. The left side of the fairway is wide open, but a normal RHBH tee shot is protected by a tree that sits right off of the front of the left side of the tee. You also have to be careful as it's hole #7's tee pad that you can see in the top left of the picture. #7 plays up the same hill that you play down on hole #9.

This is a fun hole. I've parked a drive within 20' of the pin on the hole for a nice birdie. (Does 20' qualify as parked?) I've also ended up 30' into the woods, to the left when a forehand tee decided to become a roller, scambling to save a double bogie. Ouch!

This is the first course that I played when I got into the game in the Spring of 2007. So this hole really seemed "epic" to me.

View attachment 397

Yeah. 20 feet is parked. It ain't handicapped parking, but it's parked.

playas018.jpg
-
Pictured is Kurt Bayne.

Awesome pic.

Yesterday was Southwestern Washington's first ever Sanctioned event, Wash Slosh. Above are a few fotos I took at the tourney, click the fotos to see the rest of the album.

P.S. We have very large trees in the NW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.