• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some fotos from a course called Hagg Lake near Portland, Oregon. If you click on the fotos it'll take you to an album with a few more shots from that day...

Does that count? I know if it wedges into the basket it does.

I told her it was in. I have only seen that happen a hand full of times. I am so proud of her. She really has never showed any interest in disc golf till now. She played for the second time yesterday, and did great. She does best throwing Tomahawks, and is damn good at it. She needs to work on her mid and putt shots, but we are going to head to the practice field later today and work on that.

She wants to play in her first tournament next month and I am so proud of her for that.

Now if I can get her mother to be more physical, I will be really happy. My wife did walk the course with us, and I guess that is better than nothing. Over all it was a great family day.

803.13 Holing Out
B. Disc Entrapment Devices: In order to hole out, the thrower must release the disc and it must come to rest supported by the chains or within one of the entrapment sections. This includes a disc wedged into or hanging from the lower entrapment section but excludes a disc resting on top of, or hanging outside of, the upper entrapment section. The disc must also remain within the chains or entrapment sections until removed.

I saw a kid land one on top of a basket today. I've never seen that happen before. Of course, he had to actually finish holing out, but it was still pretty cool.

I told her it was in. I have only seen that happen a hand full of times. I am so proud of her. She really has never showed any interest in disc golf till now. She played for the second time yesterday, and did great. She does best throwing Tomahawks, and is damn good at it. She needs to work on her mid and putt shots, but we are going to head to the practice field later today and work on that.

She wants to play in her first tournament next month and I am so proud of her for that.

Now if I can get her mother to be more physical, I will be really happy. My wife did walk the course with us, and I guess that is better than nothing. Over all it was a great family day.

That's awesome dude. Good times!

I have landed on the basket twice because I use a soft putter, and they can do that. Both times I was pissed because I know it dosen't count.

Here are some fotos from a course called Hagg Lake near Portland, Oregon. If you click on the fotos it'll take you to an album with a few more shots from that day...

I would be afraid of hitting an Ewok.

some shots from our trip to houston.
this is a private course north of houston (actually north of conroe).
owned by steve dufrane. he calls it shawshank and a lot of the holes are "themed" from the movie.
Shawshank is a great course. Except for #4. I find that hole to be almost entirely blind luck.

As for #5 (straight one through the trees) I birdied that one both times in a tournament with a DX Coyote. These days I'd probably throw my Star Shark.

http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards
http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDGATechStandards_09.pdf

See picture "C", on page 6. Such a basket would not qualify as a "Standard" or "Championship" class basket going forward. Previously approved baskets are grandfathered in.

wow, I always thought they were legit baskets. So would that shot count in tourny play?

-----

basket_innova_discatcher.jpg

^^This is the basket^^

Some discs wont fit through the top, but I had a driver come down at a perfect diagonal angle and drop right in.

Last edited:
wow, I always thought they were legit baskets. So would that shot count in tourny play?

-----

basket_innova_discatcher.jpg

^^This is the basket^^

Some discs wont fit through the top, but I had a driver come down at a perfect diagonal angle and drop right in.
As far as I know that shot would count, tourney or not.

The basket tech standards are evolving. This is the first year in which they've classified baskets as: Basic, Standard, and Championship. And like I said that basket wouldn't qualify as Standard or Championship if submitted for approval in the future. Existing baskets are grandfathered into the classes as shown in the Tech Standards documentation.

As was pointed out in a previous thread this raises all sorts of issues with A-Tier sanctioned events held on legacy courses with old baskets that don't meet all the new Championship specs. It looks like that's why they've done the grandfathering.

JC!!

Could you imagine the Heaven DGC?
jesushcheetahof7.jpg

Dude, thats sweet!!! He would totally throw a cheetah. I know, because I just got a KC Pro Cheetah this week, and the first time I threw it, I was like "Jesus" because it added 30ft to my max distance, and flies straight

here you go....
#4 at shawshank (A.K.A. JAIL)
first pic is after first shot (whacked a tree),teebox about 150' behind us.
there are two paths into jail, the right side being the "correct" path.
the left side OMG!!!, being "incorrect"
2nd pic was mulligan drive into jail on the correct side.
3rd pic, finally there's the pin, with a chance for par.

i have pics of the "incorrect" side also (different day).

Attachments

• houston part 1 124.jpg
    houston part 1 124.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 126
  • houston part 1 125.jpg
    houston part 1 125.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 126
  • houston part 1 128.jpg
    houston part 1 128.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.