• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you turned the disc over quite a bit there.

That's pretty much the whole reason I went out. I recently played with a couple of very good players and was trying to incorporate all their advice all at once. I think I forgot a couple of bits of that advice on this throw :doh:

That is quite the cool picture. Makes me want to go to the beach and...oh, I live in a frozen tundra wasteland..:(

Oh good. I'm not the only winter-hating person on here.

That is a realy cool pic. It's like the start of a lesson in fractals.

I think most of us who are stuck with cabin fever hate the winter, now if I had the money for something like snowboarding/skiing then I probably wouldn't mind winter. Being practically broke sucks :\

I think most of us who are stuck with cabin fever hate the winter, now if I had the money for something like snowboarding/skiing then I probably wouldn't mind winter. Being practically broke sucks :\
I hear you on that. I don't know how anyone can justify the cost of skiing or riding. Most of my work peeps ski and tell me I wouldn't hate winter so much if I sucked it up and spent more than $100/day every week or two.

I like warm weather. I also like saving my money.
And there's my kermudgeon self coming out again.
We'll have 45 and 49 degrees Saturday and Sunday. I might actually get a chance to go throw for the first time since late November.

[shutting up now]

Hah, Yeah the snow is finally back to that ice crystal layer that it does when it melts down again. Finding discs in it shouldn't be too tough now, not to mention warmer weather will be nice.

This is hole #4 at Gulf Meadows in Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock, TX. I am going to ace this darn hole one day:

071a5186.jpg

I took this pic at Anna Page Park, east course. I believe it's hole 15. The basket is in the trees past the telephone pole with the basket on top of it. I have no idea who put that up there but it makes a great obstacle. I've seen quite a few discs sacrificied to the disc gods but I have only been able to hit the pole a couple times. http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx282/yornek/Nothing/Winterdiscgolfing3.jpg

Last edited:
So I took advantage of (what seemed like) a nice day to get out and play Golden Gate Park. I get there and get caught in a sunshower after 2 holes, while waiting it out under a tree (a soaking wet 40min. bus ride back to my place wasn't in the itenerary), I snapped this pic.

...oh and not 30 minutes later it started hailing. So that cut my round short.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 195
So I took advantage of (what seemed like) a nice day to get out and play Golden Gate Park. I get there and get caught in a sunshower after 2 holes, while waiting it out under a tree (a soaking wet 40min. bus ride back to my place wasn't in the itenerary), I snapped this pic.

Hole looks awesome. Looks like it would be easy to lose a disc on it though >.<

why didnt you play through the rain?

Hole looks awesome. Looks like it would be easy to lose a disc on it though >.<

If you get the disc up on the sides of the slope it can be, but down the middle isn't too bad. The hole runs to the left all the way down the "canyon" (for lack of a better term) - the pin it was in was 415ft I think.

why didnt you play through the rain?

Normally I would, but it was 40 degrees and the bus ride back to my part of the city takes 30+ minutes (my truck is outside of the city by necessity). I didn't want to be that cold, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts