• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
if a tree falls on a basket in the woods...

Baskettree.jpg

This thread is supposed to be cool disc golf photos. Wrecked baskets are not cool.

picture.php

This is the famous Iron Maiden - one of the original pole holes put in the ground at Oak Grove DGC by Steady Ed himself, way back in 1976. You can make out the pole rusing up out of the ground through the hole in the tree, which is actually about 20 yards away. The basket itself is obsecured by overhanging branches, which someone cuts away from time to time. It always grows back though, probably the course trying to protect the basket.

No one plays to this basket, it's sort of a shrine to the course, and the people who know about it usually stop by to pay their respects. I snapped this shot from the fairway on #10 - naturally, it looked better in person than it does in a picture.

picture.php

This is the famous Iron Maiden - one of the original pole holes put in the ground at Oak Grove DGC by Steady Ed himself, way back in 1976. You can make out the pole rusing up out of the ground through the hole in the tree, which is actually about 20 yards away. The basket itself is obsecured by overhanging branches, which someone cuts away from time to time. It always grows back though, probably the course trying to protect the basket.

No one plays to this basket, it's sort of a shrine to the course, and the people who know about it usually stop by to pay their respects. I snapped this shot from the fairway on #10 - naturally, it looked better in person than it does in a picture.

that tree is gnarly

Halloween Glow Tourney @ Rollin' Ridge

Spirits were in the air! :eek:

picture.php

It's wicked because I took that picture at midnight on Halloween. OoooOoooooOoooooooOOooooOO.
:eek:

Winter Discin

This is one of the InStep baskets on my home course. As much as I enjoyed snow discin' last Winter, I'm not looking forward to this much of the white stuff again this year.

picture.php

^ Looks like prime discin' weather to me! :thmbup:

Snow is cool with me. But 27" is really a pain in the butt to wade through. :D

Some seriously good cardio, though. I've played in that much several times (good ol' lake effect snow :thmbup:). I dress in layers, take plenty of hand-warmers, and disc until I drop. I'm excited to try out my new thermos. Taking soup breaks in the snow seems likely to stretch out how much cold and wet I can take in one go. :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.