• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

The course only has one hole that borders the facility. More than likely you won't see the guards, not like they camp out at that one spot to heckle disc golfers! There was a guard at that spot one day & he threw over a couple discs he had found, seemed like a nice guy. If you didn't know the facility was there already, you'd play the whole course & never think twice. This is the hole, fence on the right is government property, not a big deal

43303b5e.jpg

Last edited:
So that's Badlands Disc Golf in Wayne, AB, huh? Too bad there's only one picture on the home page. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4747 Sounds like an interesting course by the description and review. The course informatiion and review both say tone poles. So looks like the course has been upgraded to baskets.

I'm not 100% sure, but the actual "basket" part looks like Designer Pro baskets I've seen before at Timberlink in PA. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=278 I think that the Fly 18 rubber tee company works with these baskets. Anyone else have any ideas?

it is an interesting course
it is tone poles...really good ones

for the tournament we add a basket for a 19th hole...in varying locations

and as for those baskets we who have played them do not really like them

"turbo funnels"

if not hit right you can catch inside the rim of the basket, scoop around, pick up speed and get shot out again further away

hit the cap get shot away

edit: also the baskets are a local design and local made

Even without armed guards and fences you could loose your disc over where you might get shot for retreving it, I still don't like the idea of playing right next to a nucular power plant. Maby it's too many episodes of the Simpsons and worrying there may be a Homer Simpson working there, maby it's just the wonder of how much I would be being exposed to just hanging out there, but one way or another, I don't think that course is going to be finding it's way into my played list anytime soon.

It's not even like that, you drive by the main part and the course is in a park. The course plays around a man made cooling lake for the plant. You can see the towers, but there's nowhere you can throw that is over a fence and you can't see armed guards.

It's not even like that, you drive by the main part and the course is in a park. The course plays around a man made cooling lake for the plant. You can see the towers, but there's nowhere you can throw that is over a fence and you can't see armed guards.

:gross:

If you're trying to change my mind about wanting to play that course, I think you went the wrong way. Something about playing around a man made cooling lake for a nuclear power plant sounds like a good way to be exposed to radiation. I know they might tell you that everything is safe, but thats what they said about Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island.

some shots from the michigan state championships in ludington...
1401F00C.jpg

18420C3D.jpg

0D9D5A9E.jpg

074-1.jpg

Just starting Hole one at the Redwood Curtain. Me on the far right, my woman just to the left, her little brother next to her, and her older brother next to him. Found our way otherwise, and I got 2 over via tournament par (which I have been told is par 3). Humchris, I hate hole Six, Went from 1 under to 1 over on that hole and never recovered.

074-1.jpg

Just starting Hole one at the Redwood Curtain. Me on the far right, my woman just to the left, her little brother next to her, and her older brother next to him. Found our way otherwise, and I got 2 over via tournament par (which I have been told is par 3). Humchris, I hate hole Six, Went from 1 under to 1 over on that hole and never recovered.

Was it in the long position or the short one? I haven't been able to golf in more than a month, so I'm not sure on what positions things are in right now. The new long position on that hole makes it much more difficult. I have managed to 2 it in the long though. And by the way that hole is named Skwid Row, after my buddy Skwid, one of the original members of Par Infinity, and a big influence on the courses development.

:gross:

If you're trying to change my mind about wanting to play that course, I think you went the wrong way. Something about playing around a man made cooling lake for a nuclear power plant sounds like a good way to be exposed to radiation. I know they might tell you that everything is safe, but thats what they said about Chernobyl and 3 Mile Island.

Yep, exactly like that, its exactly the same as 2 horrible accidents. Play wherever you want, I don't care.

Was it in the long position or the short one? I haven't been able to golf in more than a month, so I'm not sure on what positions things are in right now. The new long position on that hole makes it much more difficult. I have managed to 2 it in the long though. And by the way that hole is named Skwid Row, after my buddy Skwid, one of the original members of Par Infinity, and a big influence on the courses development.

It was in the long position. I was trying to BH Anhyzer (I think that is the correct term) To go out left and have it come back right, so I could at least plant the disc in a better postion. However it hit the tree I was trying to aviod and bounced HARD left, in an area well behind all the redwood trees in the world it seemed. Also, searching for a place to park reminded me why I never drove anywhere in Arcata.
Mfcastillo17 great pic!

It was in the long position. I was trying to BH Anhyzer (I think that is the correct term) To go out left and have it come back right, so I could at least plant the disc in a better postion. However it hit the tree I was trying to aviod and bounced HARD left, in an area well behind all the redwood trees in the world it seemed. Also, searching for a place to park reminded me why I never drove anywhere in Arcata.
Mfcastillo17 great pic!

I really like that new long position, it makes the hole much more difficult, and adds more danger to an allready fast green. It will chew you up though if you don't play it right. IMO I would say just toss a TL or Roc straight down the center then shoot a short upshot onto the green.

I have not had a par on this stupid hole in over 3 years...I played it better as a beginner in 2004 :(

That's prolly because when you were a beginner, your driver maxed out around the polehole, and now you are stuck in between a midrange and a driver, right? Throw a driver and you fly down the hill and 100' past it into the schule, but throw a midrange and then you have to try and get up and down from 60' on that very fast green.

Yeah, I'm in that boat too. :\

The second tallest peak in PA! It was beautiful watching that disc fly!

552571_10151119696137059_1231709853_n.jpg

This was the the view.

333327_10151118606862059_1534130768_o.jpg

The second tallest peak in PA! It was beautiful watching that disc fly!

...litterbug! ;)
Really, though, beautiful, inspiring, and I'd want to do the exact same thing.

I recently wondered if it would be possible to cheaply manufacture a biodegradable or animal-edible disc that would fly at least somewhat normally, to sell in parks like this? If anyone has the know-how to run with an idea like this, just remember me (I'd only want a fraction of a percent royalty for the idea!) :D

photo2.jpg

Taken in Royston Georgia on hole #9 after a round. It's a nine hole coarse but 2 teepads so we make it into "18" holes by playing long,short,long,short. And this was the amazing view on night. Taken with my iPhone 4 when no filters. Wish I had a better camera with me. :/

renaissance was built on a landfill, I think

and buckhorn is right next to a nuclear plant

Hellyer in San Jose, CA used to be an old dump for IBM (I believe) but now its a fun 9 hole course.

There could be many opportunities to put disc golf courses and parks built on these type of sites.

...litterbug! ;)
Really, though, beautiful, inspiring, and I'd want to do the exact same thing.

I recently wondered if it would be possible to cheaply manufacture a biodegradable or animal-edible disc that would fly at least somewhat normally, to sell in parks like this? If anyone has the know-how to run with an idea like this, just remember me (I'd only want a fraction of a percent royalty for the idea!) :D

I would think bird seed like the hard ones you hang in trees. To expand on this, how about fish food to use on cliffs into lakes.