• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

OK, this one is going to be a little harder. circa 1998, midwest, not Michigan.

picture.php

^ ain't got a clue...
Kennsington? One of the first Ann Arbor Worlds courses.
Yessir! That's the tunnel (between holes 4 and 5) for which the course was named. Black Locust eliminated all the holes west of the tunnel (1-4, 12-18). What was hole 5 remains unchanged, just renumbered to 9.

Last edited:
Then I'll give you a clue! Its somewhere in Iowa...

Wow, you guys are good! Heads up, if you don't already know it, Iowa has some great DG. I'll try and get some more pics up later.

Exchange Park is not even listed in the extinct courses and I may have very well played there; as I did a Waterloo area tour. Gotta love the shallow baskets; I still love seeing those; though there are not many of them any more.

I would have another 50 courses played easy if all the extinct courses there ever were, were available; and all the courses I've played in "extinct layouts" had always been available! Heck, one of my home courses, which I've been able to check off twice, under two different layouts, had two more prior to that....all of which I've been a big part of installing; by the way...

Nice job treemd!!

^ ain't got a clue...
Yessir! That's the tunnel (between holes 4 and 5) for which the course was named. Black Locust eliminated all the holes west of the tunnel (1-4, 12-18). What was hole 5 remains unchanged, just renumbered to 9.

It has been rumored that another 18 was to be put in at Kensington. I wonder if any of those west holes will be revived?

Old-school low-res of Southwoods in West Des Moines.

Hole 1 at bottom of hill before creek.
Hole 2 basket is on the end of the next hill.
Hole 3 basket is not visible but is near the tower.

P5170002.JPG

AWESOME!

Please tell me they regularly play tee 1 to basket 2 as the safari playoff hole to break ties during random draw doubles....:D

I know they are not disc golf pics, but couldn't find "Post a cool pic" thread. Local ice jam on the Allegheny River.

Attachments

• Parker Ice.jpg
    Parker Ice.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Parker Ice (2).jpg
    Parker Ice (2).jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Parker where Clarion Rivr meets Allghny.jpg
    Parker where Clarion Rivr meets Allghny.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 111
Old-school low-res of Southwoods in West Des Moines.

Hole 1 at bottom of hill before creek.
Hole 2 basket is on the end of the next hill.
Hole 3 basket is not visible but is near the tower.

P5170002.JPG

AWESOME!

Please tell me they regularly play tee 1 to basket 2 as the safari playoff hole to break ties during random draw doubles....:D

We've played a similar safari at Stoney Hill. Playing from 1's teepad, throwing to 9's basket, and even 5's basket. Then playing from 9's tee to 1's basket, 2's basket, or to the practice basket near 1's teepad.

At 14:03, you can see a drive from 1's pad, and you can see 9's basket across the hill on the right of the screen. Connor Jones and I played these holes and as many variations we could think of for safari glow golf during the full moon nights at this meetup.

Dry Creek DGC in Cheyenne, WY last year. The owners of the noble steed lived across the way, and do this quite often.

Attachments

• 966433_629531427076540_385208439_o.jpg
    966433_629531427076540_385208439_o.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 138