• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

All the different runs and variations in the PDs is why I stopped throwing them. Is it a 4th run or a 12th run? Wait I thought the more OS one was the 9th. Its a headache and a shot in the dark. Pd is a great mold, its just not worth the trouble. And now with ppd taken off the market? Ill look elsewhere for the control OS driver.

How is this a big deal? Are you constantly losing your PDs? Some may not be as OS as others, but very few are not good discs that cover a variety of shots. Do you realize that virtually EVERY Large manufacturer mold has many runs with variation like the PD has? This is one of the few that is tracked so we can identify any subtle differences. There are a bunch of 3 line AJ runs with shape and plastic variations, but 99% of people group them together as 3 lines and calls them inconsistent.

If you've been throwing them for years, how do you not have several backups that you prefer throwing?
I found I liked 3rd runs - bought 8. Have lost 1 in 4 years and given 2 away, still set for many years to come, plus Ive added few newbies that fit my fancy.

the only reason the 3rd runs are coveted/pricey is because they're so durable and hold stability forever. but the flight itself isn't that different from any other typical run. and also because Eagle waxed poetic about them.

Many preferred the 3rd run before anyone had heard of Eagle. 3rd was the first run of C that was a true PD (often reproduced - now this flight style is more readily available as you mentioned).

For years it was just the 3 runs available.
First runs were flat and OS, not big distance potential for most players. And not readily available. Many were CFRs and the rest slowly trickled out of the warehouse.
Second runs were made with junk plastic and plus molded. Gross.
Then came third run, with pearly hard plastic, a smooth dome, same resistance to turn as a first run but with more glide and less dump.

The second runs aren't nearly as bad as people say. They were just released at the height of plus-mold hatred. They're kind of like a shield stamp compared to a FR in S-Line speak. Hardly gross.

The second runs aren't nearly as bad as people say. They were just released at the height of plus-mold hatred. They're kind of like a shield stamp compared to a FR in S-Line speak. Hardly gross.

I liked the plastic on the second runs, all the ones i felt up were fairly gummy. Backhand the slanted rim wasn't too terrible but I noticed it more on forehand throws.

the game within the game. Finding a disc you like and buying 30 so you never run out.

How is this a big deal? Are you constantly losing your PDs? Some may not be as OS as others, but very few are not good discs that cover a variety of shots. Do you realize that virtually EVERY Large manufacturer mold has many runs with variation like the PD has? This is one of the few that is tracked so we can identify any subtle differences. There are a bunch of 3 line AJ runs with shape and plastic variations, but 99% of people group them together as 3 lines and calls them inconsistent.

If you've been throwing them for years, how do you not have several backups that you prefer throwing?
I found I liked 3rd runs - bought 8. Have lost 1 in 4 years and given 2 away, still set for many years to come, plus Ive added few newbies that fit my fancy.

I used to throw them, I dont anymore, because I choose to throw from 2 companies that consistently make discs. So this "variation" and your two examples strongly seems like this is an innova problem

I used to throw them, I dont anymore, because I choose to throw from 2 companies that consistently make discs. So this "variation" and your two examples strongly seems like this is an innova problem

which companies are you referring to?
I don't know of any company which does not have variations in mold and plastic runs.

Elmex is a well know Buzzz/Wasp thrower so Discraft/MVP. Which makes sense. Discraft is at least decently more consistent than Innova, run to run.

It's all preference anyways. I like run variations so I can bag the same mold, but they have different hand feel and flight. Any versatile mold benefits from some variations, they cover that many more throws.

Let's get this back on track I suppose. Anyone thrown the PDx? Just ordered one and excited to try it out. I throw an eagle stamp and an old p-line so hoping it can cover a bit more of my distance shots. Any info appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back on track-talks about a different disc

Compared to talking about consistency of Discraft/mvp/axiom wtf else everyone is off on a tangent I feel anything remotely resembling discussion over a "disc" instead of banter over personal preference of manufacturer consistency is a pretty fair jump towards the right track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone converted to gstar pd yet? I do this grudgingly but am able to keep them in my cooler weather bag.

also, I have bought about five gstar pd's in hopes to find one similar to my somewhat flat factory second I bought years ago which I imagine came from the same mold the coveted third runs did.

this particular gstar pd is so much more stable than all the other g I have bought even at 168 grams.

I've got a red one in the 160s that I've had for a couple years that is pretty awesome. It's a flatter one, got a little flip to it and the fade has mellowed out a bit.

It might be a while before p line stock dries up, but g lines should be a pretty suitable replacement.

Third run mold? Do you really think these companies cut a new mold for each run? When the first runs were released, there were two variations in terms of flight. One was like a P-Line. The other was beefier. There are plenty of both out there.