• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

Calling someone out as a liar, and then admitting you're only speculating with absolutely no proof is peak arrogance, and grounds for immediate dismissal. But who's surprised, this is the internet after all.

Dismiss me then. I guess I should have said, I suspect that the whole company is lying. I think the proof is reading between the lines of everything they have said and put out.

Not sure I understand what's happening here. The company that made the PD just released it from the exact same mold it has always been made from. Then another company makes the same named disc and claims its a first run. I dont follow. This disc has been available for like months.

My sarcasm was so subtle it went unnoticed. All originals are Innova discs, made by innova, molded by Innova, then renamed and continued to be produced by Innova. Discmania copied these molds and took the names and is now releasing the same discs, both "they" but really innova, and then actually really innova, released, then rereleased and are now rerereleasing and calling them "first run." Better =)

Dismiss me then. I guess I should have said, I suspect that the whole company is lying. I think the proof is reading between the lines of everything they have said and put out.

You have some strong opinions on this topic…

There is an episode of The Upshot podcast where Jussi talks candidly about the arrangement and what is theirs vs what Lat 64 does. I can't recall who owned the machines but I recall him commenting that they are obviously leveraging Lat 64s expertise. I think he mentioned Lat 64 supported operations and mold design but that Discmania had control over what was produced and when, owned the actual molds and design IP.

You have some strong opinions on this topic…

There is an episode of The Upshot podcast where Jussi talks candidly about the arrangement and what is theirs vs what Lat 64 does. I can't recall who owned the machines but I recall him commenting that they are obviously leveraging Lat 64s expertise. I think he mentioned Lat 64 supported operations and mold design but that Discmania had control over what was produced and when, owned the actual molds and design IP.

I guess I'm a conspiracy theorist then because that sounds to me like latitude is making their discs.
I'll go a step further and predict that in a few years, they will announce some type of merger, joint venture, or lat64 flat out buying discmania. But somehow they will try to spin it that discmania will still make all the decisions.

And I got one of the new PDs coming, In case anyone thinks I hate them so much I won't buy latitude PDs.

Couple of things—- first, the C-Line stock PD is mellowing after some tree hits and spike hyzers since the rain stopped.

Second, the new First Run PD is much more flexible than the stock run. I'm trying to decide if I should sell it and buy two discs or just throw it. I love the feel.

Pic didn't attach

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2FE97DD4-22EF-4AC7-8A3E-3DC15A578B9F.jpg
    2FE97DD4-22EF-4AC7-8A3E-3DC15A578B9F.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 289
I went into the local pias today, they had some of these new pd's. No first run stamps, just stock ones. The yellows were flattest and gummiest, dayglow and blue had mild dome and plastic was a bit stiffer.

I really liked the feel of the yellow ones, but they felt a lot like my 13th? run, the flat gummy and beefy run from a couple years ago.

Almost bought a pair but held off. They did have a small restock of the new FD's. A couple of the blue ones were a bit flatter and more gummy, hard to pass on those also.

I got a greenish 169 that I threw today. Overall it's more mellow than the recent champ phantom swords. It felt more true stable into a headwind and held straight much better without turning over like the p.swords will do. It also seems to fade a little more gently instead of dumping. It's almost identical to some of my more mellow non beef champ thunderbirds, but just a little more domey. If I could find a 160-165 that would be ideal. Plastic feels great.

I think the burden of proof is on the person crying conspiracy.

Or, I think Adidas trainers are just rebranded Karhu trainers. THEY need to prove me wrong. Right?

(If you know the backstory, you know.)

What is "Italian" plastic. If I ever heard some marketing BS it was that one. Was the oil drilled / Natural gas and the plastic pellets made in Italy? So silly.

How about we get back to how this disc actually flies and feels? I ordered one. I did feel a few up in the store and they felt nice, but that store charges way more then online so screw them. I don't mind supporting local but it has to be reasonable. Charging 7 bucks more is just too much.

Got the new PD and I am excited to compare against my dark maul2 and S PD. They feel deeper but it could be in my head.

Back to the actual disc and how it flies. I got a 174 gram C-Line yellow. I'm very impressed with this plastic. Not too sure about the Italian plastic marketing hype but I really really like it. Firm enough but so grippy. This might be better then Prodiscus and Kastaplast plastic or at least on par. PLH looks very high, the top is mostly flat, little bump in the middle.

Flight I was thinking would be very OS, it is OS but not too beefy. I was throwing into a slight headwind and getting it out to 340-350 with comfort (my max is only 400 so keep that in mind). Zero turn held straight for most of the flight, then softly drifted left the last 30 feet. I could see this beating in just right. Just threw it about 5-6 times so far.

I might have to try a DD3 now too.

Just got my C-Line PD a few weeks ago, haven't been able to play much because of the oppresive heat. But the few times I threw it, it was good. It does what I thought it would. It's overstable, moderate distance, good fade, but it also isn't a Super Beef or something. It flies exactly like the numbers state 10/4/0/3. Goes out about 2/3 of the distance straight, then starts fading all the way till it lands. I decided to drop down in weight a bit and got a 170g, just in case they were extra beefy. So I think that helps and it still feels the same as a 175.

The plastic is amazing, very good grip, looks amazing and seems super durable. Very flat top except the very middle has a tiny little bump up. The rim and disc feel amazing for FH's as well as backhands. Time will tell how good it is, or how long it will take to break in, but so far, it's good and fills a role in my bag I haven't had forever. Might still pick up an S line or Signature S line version when they come out, just to have 2 to cycle through and then see which one I like the best. I lost my X2, so this slots in nicely and gives me that controlled driver-ish disc that will fight any wind and always finish left.

So I picked up another PD, so I can put together a Pink/White bag for when I play courses where you can lose your discs easier. And this pink one is SUPER O/S compared to the Teal one! And I got them from the same place about a week or two apart. Even the same weight! Both 169 stamped, weigh 170 on the scale. It's crazy how different they are. The teal one flies like a PD, while the Pink one flies like a Firebird! It wants to go left and into the ground quickly.

The teal one isn't quite flat, and has a tent like shape to it. It has a tiny little bump up in the middle, then slopes flat from there, down to the wing. While the new Pink one I got, is just a board on top. DEAD flat. And the PLH is higher on the pink one. It's MUCH more O/S and I don't like it as much, but... I'll just keep working it and banging it into the ground, to hopefully get it a little straighter sooner than later.

Hopefully the S line or Signature S versions to come out sooner than later. Those will be money and go right into my bag.

1PD.jpg

So I picked up another PD, so I can put together a Pink/White bag for when I play courses where you can lose your discs easier. And this pink one is SUPER O/S compared to the Teal one! And I got them from the same place about a week or two apart. Even the same weight! Both 169 stamped, weigh 170 on the scale. It's crazy how different they are. The teal one flies like a PD, while the Pink one flies like a Firebird! It wants to go left and into the ground quickly.

The teal one isn't quite flat, and has a tent like shape to it. It has a tiny little bump up in the middle, then slopes flat from there, down to the wing. While the new Pink one I got, is just a board on top. DEAD flat. And the PLH is higher on the pink one. It's MUCH more O/S and I don't like it as much, but... I'll just keep working it and banging it into the ground, to hopefully get it a little straighter sooner than later.

Hopefully the S line or Signature S versions to come out sooner than later. Those will be money and go right into my bag.

1PD.jpg

Nice! When I was shopping in person, the yellow ones were board flat like that, not the pink ones. I guess it's not so much color dependent.

Also, congrats on adding another color!