• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Premium Plastic hyzerflip disc

I am in search of a premium plastic mid or fairway. The local courses thrive on 250-300 foot low, wooded tunnel shots. I am currently using a stratus (which works pretty well) but after just a few rounds it is almost worthless from too many trees. any suggestions? Thanks

If you're sticking with Discraft, you could try a Z-Metor or Comet

the comet is the answer.

but if there's some wind you can start thinking about fairway drivers like the leopard. maybe even a champ leopard (since your course is wooded it'll season quickly into a hyzer flip machine). a lot of wind then you might want to look at starting the long process of seasoning a star/champ teebird.

Latitude Fuse for midrange, Westside Underworld for the fairway slot. Both glide like crazy and both are very understable.

Absolutely.

For a fairway, I'd go with the Inspire.

Depending on your power, the Inspire definitely has some fade at the end on a hyzerflip. I haven't thrown a lighter weight one, so that might be the answer, but I can't use my 175 in a tunnel when I need no fade.

Lots of great options. Here's what I use:

Hyzerflip to straight w small fade: G Star Teebird
Hyzerflip to straight w no fade or late turn: Phoenix Line Hu
Hyzerflip mid: USDGC Ontario Roc

Depending on your power, the Inspire definitely has some fade at the end on a hyzerflip. I haven't thrown a lighter weight one, so that might be the answer, but I can't use my 175 in a tunnel when I need no fade.

Yea I agree. But I was thinking if he's in the woods all the time, it'll season pretty quickly, then stay in that sweet spot for a good long time.

Lots of great options. Here's what I use:

Hyzerflip to straight w small fade: G Star Teebird
Hyzerflip to straight w no fade or late turn: Phoenix Line Hu
Hyzerflip mid: USDGC Ontario Roc

g star teebirds for hyper flips?

I only own first runs so maybe there's a diff but I don't agree with this.

Opto River for 300 ft tunnels on a flip for me. Pull it nice and smooth. Very straight on a flip line or can be thrown flat to hold the turn. Opto plastic is grippy and nearly indestructible.
That or a beat up roc 3 would probably be what I pull from the bag for those shots.

Leopard or Sidewinder

I am in search of a premium plastic mid or fairway. The local courses thrive on 250-300 foot low, wooded tunnel shots. I am currently using a stratus (which works pretty well) but after just a few rounds it is almost worthless from too many trees. any suggestions? Thanks

The Westside Seer is a really controllable fairway for the hyzer flip shot. Mid-wise, the Meteor needs a little wear to make sure it won't fade at the end, but it really covers a lot of ground.

Also, why specifically premo plastic? A slightly seasoned DX Eagle X is best in class for this shot.

Latest posts