• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy PA4

Interesting. Would they be able to use the baseline versions of these if only the 400s are available to the public? I would think so since its the same mold. Maybe they just don't want to change til they have to. Especially in the middle of the season.

I think you're right here. It's the mold that's approved, not the plastic. They could use any of the PAs in any plastic. I know that if I could keep using my Wizards until they released their "clone", I would do it too.

I know Nikko putted Magics for a while and could use a PA4, but he's primarily a Wizard putter.

Someone may have already said this, but the PA4 is a Magic. Not an exact copy, but clearly a clone. The PA1 doesn't have a bead so I have no idea what its supposed to be "like". The truth is, I think the PA1 is pretty original as far as litters go. I would assume the 2 would be Wizard-esque?

So I am not much for driving with a putter, and I do have a noodle arm, but I picked one of the up from Hyzerbomb at a tourney and I can put it out there with my buzz consistantly. I actually really liked it alot. Not a putter for my bag, but an interesting choice for short holes or narrow holes off the tee.

Someone may have already said this, but the PA4 is a Magic. Not an exact copy, but clearly a clone. The PA1 doesn't have a bead so I have no idea what its supposed to be "like". The truth is, I think the PA1 is pretty original as far as litters go. I would assume the 2 would be Wizard-esque?

For me, it flew like a P2 does, pretty beefy, not turn unless you torque it.
For ref. i was throwing a 170 400s PA1 red. To me it feels like a bb aviar in the hand, pretty familiar. Except instead of a bead its just sorta notched. Almost like a shark. Just an angular thing at the bottom that mimicks a bead. At any rate, for throwing and approaches its gonna be nice. Dunno if i could putt with it.

Would be interested to hear what people think of the 350g PA4 - I've got two identical ones coming and intend to replace my 300s PA4's which are two years old.

http://www.prodigydisc.com/products/pa4-putter#.VWOWMFxViko

Looks like the PA4 is finally coming out in some other cool new plastics. 350G and 750. The PA4 stock at most of my favorite online vendors has been really low so I hope Prodigy is going to start the production lines again.

My 350g PA4's are a complete joy to use. The 350g reminds me of KC Pro plastic. I love the stiffer feel. I carry 3 of them. 2 for short putting and 1 for longer putts. I've also got a 750 for drives off the tee and shots where I know I may hit a tree. The 750 is possibly the best feeling premium plastic out there. It's like a tacky version of Discraft's Ti plastic. I like it a lot more than the gummy 400. Good job Prodigy.

Just completed my first round with my 171g PA4 in 300 plastic. I like the feel of the PA4, and the squared-off edge reminds me of the Innova Colt (PA4 rim is just a bit deeper). I really liked the grip, not too deep, not quite as shallow as the Colt.

The PA4 putted very straight from inside the circle, but doesn't have quite the glide the Judge does so the PA4 take some getting used to. I tried a few upshots from around 75-100 feet out, and because of the nice grip I got some nice throws and parked within 6 feet of the basket.

Ergo, I'm looking at getting a 400 plastic PA4 for durability for upshots. I likely will continue to use the Classic Blend Judge for in-the-circle putting, but if the 400 PA4 feels and shoots like the 300 PA4, my Lucid Judge might be relegated to the 2nd string.

My 350g PA4's are a complete joy to use. The 350g reminds me of KC Pro plastic. I love the stiffer feel. I carry 3 of them. 2 for short putting and 1 for longer putts. I've also got a 750 for drives off the tee and shots where I know I may hit a tree. The 750 is possibly the best feeling premium plastic out there. It's like a tacky version of Discraft's Ti plastic. I like it a lot more than the gummy 400. Good job Prodigy.

God yes. That 750 plastic is PHENOMENAL!!! I have a PA-4 (that I recently retired for a RDG Serpent) a F2, an H1, and an M4 in 750. Some of the greatest premium plastic in existence! The M4 glides MUCH better than my older 400s did and the control is incredible. Love that 750!

God yes. That 750 plastic is PHENOMENAL!!! I have a PA-4 (that I recently retired for a RDG Serpent) a F2, an H1, and an M4 in 750. Some of the greatest premium plastic in existence! The M4 glides MUCH better than my older 400s did and the control is incredible. Love that 750!

Agreed. The 750 m4 is incredible. Haven't used any of the putters in the 750 yet but my go to putters for throwing and putting are 400 pa1. The 750 is damn near indestructible.

I prefer how the pa4 feels and flies in 400 plastic

I prefer how the pa4 feels and flies in 400 plastic

agreed, i have a ton of Pa4's mostly in 400. The 750 seems to flip earlier and hold longer as well as almost showing less glide.

It could just be the disc.

But I took it out and put in a 400 at 174g and its awesome. Nice slow turnover holds straight. Great disc, not too flippy, but anhyzers like a pro

Just completed my first round with my 171g PA4 in 300 plastic. I like the feel of the PA4, and the squared-off edge reminds me of the Innova Colt (PA4 rim is just a bit deeper). I really liked the grip, not too deep, not quite as shallow as the Colt.

The PA4 putted very straight from inside the circle, but doesn't have quite the glide the Judge does so the PA4 take some getting used to. I tried a few upshots from around 75-100 feet out, and because of the nice grip I got some nice throws and parked within 6 feet of the basket.

Ergo, I'm looking at getting a 400 plastic PA4 for durability for upshots. I likely will continue to use the Classic Blend Judge for in-the-circle putting, but if the 400 PA4 feels and shoots like the 300 PA4, my Lucid Judge might be relegated to the 2nd string.

Try a 350 Pa3. Its the biz when it comes to putting. 171g is the $ spot ;)

Try a 350 Pa3. Its the biz when it comes to putting. 171g is the $ spot ;)

Thanks for the tip. I was reading up on those yesterday. I'd like to find one in a store that I can hold in my grubby paws and see how it feels. Is the 350 plastic all that much better than the 300? Looks like both wear rather quickly, which is fine with me for an in-the-circle putter.

If you can find a proto pa4 400s it will be stablER. They never used to fetch a premium price either just had big prodigy logo stamp which i liked too.

Anyone throw both stock and protos? The stock 300s dodnt seem quite as HSS.

I have a proto 400s PA4 and it is such a fantastic flyer. It will flip consistently and then hold whatever line it's on to the ground with great glide. Even if you power it down for shorter, downhill shots, it just holds the line it's on. However, when I realized the production ones were less stable and would just keep turning and burn instead of holding the line, I ended up taking the proto out of the bag because I can't easily replace it. Really it's too bad; if the production runs were like the protos I might still be bagging them. Does anyone know if the 750 PA4's fly more stable like the 400s protos or if they just turn and burn like the production 400?

PA-4 in 750 flies dead ass straight with moderate power, but if you really crank on it, it's definitely still US. My 400s Proto was a hair more stable than my 750. Very negligible difference, though.

agreed, i have a ton of Pa4's mostly in 400. The 750 seems to flip earlier and hold longer as well as almost showing less glide.

It could just be the disc.

But I took it out and put in a 400 at 174g and its awesome. Nice slow turnover holds straight. Great disc, not too flippy, but anhyzers like a pro

I completely agree. The 750 was more understable, and it just felt a little too stiff for my liking. Besides, one of my 400s is seasoned enough to be as understable as the 750 so i just have no need.

I have yet to throw a production run 400 pa4.. all of mine are protos.