• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Putters

tkatzer52

My name is troy and I have been playing since 2010 and my biggest problem with my game Is finding the right and most consistent putter. I started with an pro d magnet and then when I lost that I went to 2 dx aviars and I just didn't like the grip so I sold thos after one season and then in 2012 I picked up 3 super stupid soft wizards and fell in love I thought it was gonna be my "Franchise" putter but then I got a free champion aviar in 2013 and started using that for long putts and the wizards for shorts and then in late 2013 I got 4 Nova's (innova's newest putter) and I love them and I am a little consistant with them but I feel like they wont work for me. so my question is what should I do? I need that "franchise" putter but I just cant seem to find it.

When you find the right putter, you'll know it. The key is to stick with it even when things go a little south. It'll come back around.

Wizards.

Trying other putters makes it easier to rethink your putting form from the ground up, and changing molds has helped me a lot.

That said, I've been working on my form w/o switching away from wizards for a year now with good results. If I miss, I know it's me and not the disc.

just pick one and practice.

stop worrying about which putter you're using because there are no magical putters. i think everyone is just as good with putter "a" as they are with putter "b".

stop worrying about which putter you're using because there are no magical putters. i think everyone is just as good with putter "a" as they are with putter "b".

Exactly.

The most consistent putter is the one you have thrown thousands of putts with. All putters are great. Every time you switch putter molds you will have to adjust to the new flight/feel and your consistency goes back to zero until you throw a couple thousand putts with it.

Innova putter thread, and people jerkin it to wizards. Most typical thing I've seen all day on here.

Especially if it's a Wizard.

Innova putter thread, and people jerkin it to wizards. Most typical thing I've seen all day on here.

well...

so my question is what should I do? I need that "franchise" putter but I just cant seem to find it.

wizard. you already said you have one and you really liked it. if you love the wizard, beat one up for the long putts and keep a fresh for circle putting.

When you find the right putter, you'll know it. The key is to stick with it even when things go a little south. It'll come back around.
:thmbup:
I'd jerk it to Wizards in an MVP thread, too.
:hfive::clap::D
Exactly.
The most consistent putter is the one you have thrown thousands of putts with. All putters are great. Every time you switch putter molds you will have to adjust to the new flight/feel and your consistency goes back to zero until you throw a couple thousand putts with it.
:thmbup:
Just find a putter that feels good in your hand & stick with it. It's good to pick a putter mold & plastic that's in current production. If your putter gets to beat up or you lose it, it's nice to be able to easily get a new one to replace it. I'd also recommend putting with the same putter for all situations & wind conditions. This allows you to learn how your putter acts in various conditions & it helps keep everything consistent. If you have to switch putters because of wind & such you really don't trust yourself or the disc. Also if you like to drive with putters make sure to have a putter dedicated just for putting. There's nothing worse than losing or cracking your putting putter because you drove with it. Driving with your putting putter also beats it up faster than just using it for putting, which affects how it flies on putts, especially when putting outside of the circle. There is no magic putter, just the one you've used so much you know how it will act in every condition.

i think all putters are = inside the circle. Its all about what feels right in your hand. sounds like the wizards were your baqy to me. fill a 55 gal trash bag full of putters, close your eyes and pull one out. practice practice practice.....and it will become the one, or your franchise putter. as soon as you have an off day with it, chalk it up to an off day and dont go shopping for a new putter.

Keep the wizards for putting and maybe the champ Aviar for drives?

"in late 2013 I got 4 Nova's (innova's newest putter) and I love them and I am a little consistant with them but I feel like they wont work for me."

Just curious as to what you didn't like about the Nova's? These are dead straight for me with very little fade even at very low speed. If you really decide they're not working for you PM me and maybe I could trade some of my discs for them.

I switch up my putters for open or tight courses and based on wind. For my 40 foot or less putts, most of the time I use a KC Pro Aviar, but have also enjoyed the McPro Aviars occasionally. Every so often I start pulling these putters too far right or turn them over too much, and start missing high and right. That is when I pull out my rhynos. They are a touch more stable and the extra fade usually gets me hitting chains again.

I also usually go to the rhyno for the tight woods courses and when it gets windy. For longer shots in still weather I use an rpro dart and when the wind picks up I go to a c line p3.

The most important thing in my opinion is to get 2 or 3 of the putters you like in a similar weight and wear level, and use them over and over for different shot shapes to learn their flight pattern. I used to hate rhynos because they seemed to have no glide and would always hyzer out hard. Now I know that a lot stronger flick and a flat release will get me the same flight as a KC aviar with a more reliable amount of fade if the shot calls for it. But if I need a long, tall, sweeping anhyzer putt, I know exactly how to release a KC aviar to get the glide and fall I want. I can hit the same line with a rhyno but I have put a lot more oomph into it so using the KC is easier. It's all about experience with your discs.