• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Remember your first ace???

3/15/03 #2 a willow creek i think is 295'. Hit it with a MRV it was cool because i couldn't see the hole just heard and went running up to it

Mine was a few months back on #10 at Bill Allen in McKinney, TX. Threw the Z Buzzz on a 200' tunnel shot with the pin just hidden to the left at the end. Couldn't actually see the basket, just heard the chains, which was fun.

12/31/06 - Got my first ace on New Years Eve in 2006 at Shillito Park. Playing a chilly round with the two guys that introduced me to the game. They were on hole #2 when I pulled in and I joined them on the #3 Tee. Played that hole and Aced #4 with a Star Wraith - 2006 Bowling Green Ams Stamp.

I dont remember when it happened but it was #6 at my local course. A smoothly thrown ESP Comet does the trick, as I've aced that hole three times now. And no I didnt sign the basket/disc or any of that other gay sh*t. Prolly why I dont remember when it was haha.

Gays don't really do that. It's a stereotype. We just jump around and yell "fabulous!". :p

i hit my first ace with a friend standing 15-20 feet from the basket, one with me on the teebox, and two more watching from the next teebox (they just happened to be lucky enough to be playing at the same time to see it! haha jk) and i got all 4 to sign my disc after. good times, good times. my friend threw and his hit the tree by the basket and bounced in the water, then my other friend threw, and then i was about to throw when i realized i left my disc from where i putt the previous hole out. as i was going to get my disc, my friend went to the water to see if he could see his, then when i stepped up to throw he kinda ducked out of the way and was standing on the concrete drainage pipe in the 2nd pic, so he got a good view of my ace lol. the conversation between when i released and when it hit chains went something like this..."dude that looks good, i think that might go in, dude thats an ace, dude thats going right at it, YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" this is the new pin/teebox position and they had moved it the day before so i was the first one to ace the new hole #14 at pecan park, nacogdoches, TX. the best part about it was that 2 holes before my friend was making fun of me for not having an ace yet. that shut him up!! my second ace was hole #15 at the same course, but its gotta be the easiest hole in the history of disc golf so its not as exciting.

first pic is from the teebox looking at the pin, second is standing at one edge of the ditch/nasty-water-hole looking at the basket. the basket is almost hidden behind that tree so there is very little room for error...this is an island shot with a 30 foot island/OB line around the basket
hole14.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was a few months back on #10 at Bill Allen in McKinney, TX. Threw the Z Buzzz on a 200' tunnel shot with the pin just hidden to the left at the end. Couldn't actually see the basket, just heard the chains, which was fun.

Bill Allen is in the Colony is the one you got... Alex Clark & Towne Lake are McKinney.

First was a tunnel shot my buddy hit with a tomahawk the day before and bounced out. We played the next day and this was back when I only threw sidearm and was a total noob. Flicked a pro destroyer on a 180 hole (hahaha) hit chains and stayed in there. I was with a good size group of friends which made it that much better. I will never forget that shot. Even though my second ace topped it but I was by myself. I started screaming l like agirl and this couple was just looking at me like they had no clue what had happened.

Hole 13 at Barfield in Murfreesboro, TN in March of 2008. It was during doubles and my wife was in my group which made it even better. RHBH Wraith for the $400 ace pot.

Mine was the first time on a new course (Mill Park in Festus) First tee, to a blind pin. I threw a Champ Viking and it was dumb luck. If the basket hadn't been in the way I would have been way long.

May, 2007.
Hole #13 at the Herm in Watkinsville, GA.
A 150 class DGA Squall, and I still have the disc.

I won't forget mine because it was so unique and the only one so far.

It was at a festival held on the grounds of an old cotton ginning equipment factory. They built a temporary 9 hole that was so tight only 1 card could go out at a time. The hole was 125' long, a blind shot behind the building of one of the parts of the factory. On the right side was a wall of kudzu.

The basket was a mach lite and I didn't even hear it go in but a guy on our card said he heard chains. When we came around the corner, there it was!!

Here is a map I made:
attachment.php

Attachments

• goat farm.jpg
    goat farm.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 46
I remember the sound of the chains but no ace.....a lot. Just in the past week heh. My first ace is coming soon.

My 1st ace was back in '07 in IN. My wife and I stopped at a random course in Indianapolis on the way back home from Bowling Green, KY.

I wish I could remember the name of the course, but It was a blind shot where I had to walk half way up the fairway to find the basket. It was about 240'-250'.

I pulled out a champ starfire and threw a hyzer hoping for the best. We both heard the disc hit the basket, but I didn't believe it till I saw it stuck in the bottom of the basket like a taco.

I've had 2 more since with the trusty pig, but neither were a blind shot like that at a course I was playing for the first time.

Sure I remember mine. I remember all of them as well as the agonizing chain-outs.

Latest posts