• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Replacement for my Teebird

dashiellx

* Ace Member *
My trusty teebird went into what I affectionately call the snake pit at my local course. My friend and I looked for a bit, but alas, did not find it.

So, I was thinking of going a little faster with my main driver.

Personally, I feel most comfortable with discs in the 160-165 range.

Suggestions?

Another Teebird, if you're looking for something that flies like a Teebird but faster you could consider a PD as well.

Orc. Thunderbird. Wraith. PD.

Personally, I carry a PFN Champ Orc (or two) to run the "longer Teebird" lines.

So you're looking for a longer teebird? Get another teebird and throw it harder.

But seriously, as others have said, there really isn't a relacement for a teebird whether it's your main driver or not. Especially once they are seasoned in.

If you want faster, you could try a Thunderbird or a G-Line PD or an Orc. I use a DD Escape as my main workhorse driver. It's not really Tbird like but the glide nets me a considerable amount of extra distance compared to a Tbird while still being stable enough for me except when it gets windy.

Oh I almost forgot, the Nuetron Trace might fit what you are looking for as well. It's not as OS as a PD but it's fast and pretty dependable at least for me.

1.) get another teebird no matter what you do
2.) if u want something longer, I would recommend a champ valkyrie in that 160-165 range. It will compliment your teebird well. There really is no teebird replacement

Oh I almost forgot, the Nuetron Trace might fit what you are looking for as well. It's not as OS as a PD but it's fast and pretty dependable at least for me.

Teebird replacement :
- A new Teebird
- Teebird3, similar, but this is a lil faster but less glide, pretty os in the end, great disc
- MVP Volt
-Legacy Rival
-Mint ALPHA - a teebird ish disc that may be a little faster and nice stability

A little Faster Teebird:
- Discmania CD
- Discmania PD - more OS than the CD
- Axiom Wrath - fast flat and similar to a PD
- Discraft Undertaker - I hear ppl like em
-DGA Pipeline - a little turn that gives it a long straight flight

As mentioned the Stramline Trace....its not like a teebird at all, its closer to an innova wraith.....but the trace I would rate 11/5/-1/2 and its a nice disc. If you are looking for a new GO TO driver a Trace is a good option, but not if you want a Teebird replacement.

Not sure if a new one will work, but my first run 169g N Shock flies almost exactly like my seasoned 150 Champ TB. It even has that little bit of a turn when thrown hard. Only difference I can see is that it fights out of anhyzer harder, rarely riding it to the ground, and goes a bit further (that gyro thing + it is a bit faster). I consider the two interchangeble, just swapping out the TB in favor of the Shock when windy.

Looks like most good possibilities have been mentioned.

So I'll jump on the bandwagon for these: Teebird3, Thunderbird (Champion plastic, 160s wt. class), Convict, Escape (may be more US than you're looking for), Saint Pro.

First of all, nothing replaces a Teebird, my all time favorite is my Star 162g bird. You could maybe consider the Valkyrie as a step up??

First of all, nothing replaces a Teebird, my all time favorite is my Star 162g bird. You could maybe consider the Valkyrie as a step up??

Wouldn't a Viking be closer to the TB in flight? Same speed as Valk, less turn, similar fade to TB. Before I stopped carrying Vikings in favor of Volts I got some very straight flights from the Viking.