• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reviews going un-noticed

Mine just seem to get thumbs down, feel free to check them out....let me know what I can do to make them better.

I swear, people just hate. I don't even care if I get thumbs down anymore. Just because I didn't go into super detail people want to give me thumbs down but I'm not gonna sit there and just regurgitate what all the other reviews said, it's already been said a million times, I don't need to say again. This is a reason I have been holding off from writing a lot of reviews. I mainly just want to add my rating to the courses that have a lot of reviews. If the course is new and/or has very little reviews, I would write a more comprehensive review.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna sit there and just regurgitate what all the other reviews said, it's already been said a million times, I don't need to say again. This is a reason I have been holding off from writing a lot of reviews. I mainly just want to add my rating to the courses that have a lot of reviews. If the course is new and/or has very little reviews, I would write a more comprehensive review.
When writing a review, this is entirely the wrong idea. A review is supposed to be someone's impression of something, and the people who reviewed it before you don't have that, whether there were 2 of them or 72 of them. If you happen to be complementing or complaining about some aspect of the course for the 23rd time, so be it.

When writing a review, this is entirely the wrong idea. A review is supposed to be someone's impression of something, and the people who reviewed it before you don't have that, whether there were 2 of them or 72 of them. If you happen to be complementing or complaining about some aspect of the course for the 23rd time, so be it.

Yea your right, but I just don't want to sound like I'm just repeating what everybody else has said. I do give my feelings of the course in my review, I just don't go into every little detail about the course, and I feel I get punished for that. Maybe I will just cave in and start writing really detailed reviews and see what happens. Look out for my next one and let me know what you think!

This is why I havent reviewed a majority of the courses in Charlotte. What more are you going to say about Hornets Nest, unless there is a major change.

making a thread just to get thumbs up? i thought asking for votes was a no no...

Not asking for thumbs in any way, just trying to figure out if there was a reason that this review went un-noticed. I'm assuming it was you that gave me one of those :thmbdown:s on it, so thanks.:\

I have 24 reviews out (1 RIP) with no thumbers either way. Some are probably poorly written and boring as hell, a couple were probably courses I waited too long to write about and couldn't accurately remember enough to write a decent review about and most are just run of the mill, out of the way, 9 hole courses that no-one cares about, in South Dakota or some place?

Folks are right. You want see some votes, then write something controversial (or your honest opinion) about one of the top rated courses. Like maybe why you don't think it belongs in the top 10. That'll bring out the thumbers!

You beat me to it! Aside from you and that other guy from that thread last week, I've seen very few New Englanders on here and even less from Maine and NH.

I agree about the NE thing. There are a few of us hanging around but not too many because at least in Maine's case most of the locals hang around on the forum related to the local series. NEFA likely contributes to this also.

Mine just seem to get thumbs down, feel free to check them out....let me know what I can do to make them better.

From what I've seen your reviews seem good, maby just a little short, try to expand your pro's and con's to include more about how the course plays. Otherwise I like your format (maby becuese it's alot like mine, easy to read). I did slip you a :thmbup: on one of your hated on reviews.

I agree about the NE thing. There are a few of us hanging around but not too many because at least in Maine's case most of the locals hang around on the forum related to the local series. NEFA likely contributes to this also.

It's not like people here don't look at the site and read the reviews. There just aren't many people who are active users that would actually give thumbs up or down.

Find solace in the fact that you contributed to the community and did your part. Not everyone is going to give it a thumbs up/down regardless of how they feel, lots of folks don't care about that feature....they just read and move on.

I know it is nice to get recognition, but I'm sure a lot of you don't go around work and ask your coworkers if you're doing a good job.

This isn't meant to sound snarky, so if you read it that way, I'm sorry...things get lost in translation via text, forums, and the Net in general.

Find solace in the fact that you contributed to the community and did your part. Not everyone is going to give it a thumbs up/down regardless of how they feel, lots of folks don't care about that feature....they just read and move on.

I know it is nice to get recognition, but I'm sure a lot of you don't go around work and ask your coworkers if you're doing a good job.

This isn't meant to sound snarky, so if you read it that way, I'm sorry...things get lost in translation via text, forums, and the Net in general.

It's quite a good point Sean. As long as I'm helping people out with deciding what courses to play and what courses not to play then I'm doing my job.

Thanks for the feedback, JayDub! :clap: I will focus on readability (and brevity) forthwith.

I had one get 1 thumb in 4 years.

I find it on when you look at the reviews and the first one has 3 thumbs, the next has 27, then the one after is back to 3.

I don't always vote on everything I read, unless it pulls me really far one way or the other. Could just be that not everyone feels the need to decide if the review is helpful and maybe just moves on to the next.

I don't always vote on everything I read, unless it pulls me really far one way or the other. Could just be that not everyone feels the need to decide if the review is helpful and maybe just moves on to the next.

I agree, I don't allways vote on something either. I'll :thmbup: most things if they have some good information. The only time that I :thmbdown: a review is if it is a super short review with no information that is to rate up or down a course, or if it's a review that is way off to either boost or lower a courses rating.

I agree, I don't allways vote on something either. I'll :thmbup: most things if they have some good information. The only time that I :thmbdown: a review is if it is a super short review with no information that is to rate up or down a course, or if it's a review that is way off to either boost or lower a courses rating.

Yep. Two sentence reviews should be able to be rated at two thumbs down.

For what it's worth, I also reviewed Crane Creek and have had some feedback on it, and I am not sure why someone would have labeled it not helpful. But to each their own.

Yep. Two sentence reviews should be able to be rated at two thumbs down.

For what it's worth, I also reviewed Crane Creek and have had some feedback on it, and I am not sure why someone would have labeled it not helpful. But to each their own.

Yea, I'm suprised about that too. I personaly didn't agree with how high of a rating you gave to it, but I still gave you a :thmbup: becuese your review was still helpfull. Sometimes people are just haters.:\

Yea, I'm suprised about that too. I personaly didn't agree with how high of a rating you gave to it, but I still gave you a :thmbup: becuese your review was still helpfull. Sometimes people are just haters.:\

I can understand the disagreement with the rating, so maybe that is why it was thumbed down. Regardless, I gave a lot of information, and if I recall correctly I let it be known I was a beginner at the time.

Can you go back and change ratings? After playing some more courses, Crane Creek is fun, but not anything Earth-shattering.

I can understand the disagreement with the rating, so maybe that is why it was thumbed down. Regardless, I gave a lot of information, and if I recall correctly I let it be known I was a beginner at the time.

Can you go back and change ratings? After playing some more courses, Crane Creek is fun, but not anything Earth-shattering.

Yea, you definatly can go back and update your review, change the rating, whatever. I personaly thought it was a good review overall, lots of information and easy to read, not just one big paragraph.

I read lots of reviews but I don't rate them.
Sorry.
Didn't know people were sitting around waiting to see the thumbs.

Latest posts