• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reviews going un-noticed

Maybe if the cool people with access to all the private courses introduced us peons to said private courses, we could, in turn, give them some thumbs ups??? Then everyone is happy.

Maybe if the cool people with access to all the private courses introduced us peons to said private courses, we could, in turn, give them some thumbs ups??? Then everyone is happy.

Well sloppy, you are gonna need to make a trip over here if you wanna get in on some of those private courses.;)

Oh, the CA trip is planned. But it's a ways off still. It's going to take time to plan it in such a way that my wife thinks it is all about her. :D

I don't know if this is off topic but I don't really want to start a new thread and shift through all the hate to find good advice.

I have never reviewed a course due to the fact that I'm a noob. I don't feel like I would help anyone looking at reviews on a course unless they were of my same skill set. For instance, the first time I played both Lester lorch parks in cedar hill tx I told myself I would never go back. I have learned to love it since then but don't feel like I could adequately represent the feeling of a course in a few short paragraphs.

I guess I just don't feel like I should give a course a rating based on 1 year of playing because it would be unfair to the rating of the course in either direction. Am I off base?

I guess I just don't feel like I should give a course a rating based on 1 year of playing because it would be unfair to the rating of the course in either direction. Am I off base?

I worried about that, too, but decided after playing my home course (Woodland Mound) a couple of dozen times, starting to play in tournaments, and getting a feel for how much better most players are than me, I'd give it a shot, but let the reader know where I was coming from.

I still try to play courses five times or so before writing up a review, but at the very least, I defer to my novice status by setting a minimum standard of two, and continue to try referring to my limited history and skill level, but I think I'm getting a feel for the kinds of challenges that the more talented players appreciate.

:thmbup: So, I say, 'go for it', and let the reader know a little bit about where your review comes from. We noobs still value each others' opinions (we usually aren't going to see a course in the same light as a 950 rated player with ten years' experience!)

You have four more aces than me and have been playing for less time. Review the crap out of them!

In all seriousness, don't let the crankiness of some forum posters stop you from feeling like your opinion is valuable. Someone at your same skill level or lower can certainly benefit. Not everyone on here is a pro.

I don't know if this is off topic but I don't really want to start a new thread and shift through all the hate to find good advice.

I have never reviewed a course due to the fact that I'm a noob. I don't feel like I would help anyone looking at reviews on a course unless they were of my same skill set. For instance, the first time I played both Lester lorch parks in cedar hill tx I told myself I would never go back. I have learned to love it since then but don't feel like I could adequately represent the feeling of a course in a few short paragraphs.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever posted a review and have no one give it either an up or down even after a year of the review being up. I've had a lot that have gotten little recognition, usually due to the out of the way location of the courses or the lack of players on the course, but one course in particular has not been recognized at all, Crane Creek in Rohnert Park, CA. I'm just wondering if anyone could point out any reasons they could see why my review didn't get noticed, even though there were ones after it that got ups and downs. Feel free to let me know if there's something wrong with my review, I won't get offended.

there is a club of ppl here who just thumbs up courses regardless of the review.

Latest posts