• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridiculous Photog @ GBO

She swaps out a couple per round, one of which is absolutely silent.

I would only assume and hope that the silent one is the one used during the throw. Especially with her imparticular being in such close proximity. Unprofessional otherwise.

The "quiet" signs aren't just for the crowd..

As for shutter noise, reading between the lines earlier in this thread, the subject photographer must have a mirrorless camera. And it's really the mirror, not the shutter, that makes the noise in DSLRs.

Yeah Alyssa has a Sony a9, and I'm totes jelly. The sony alpha series is mirrorless, and mirrorless is the future.

Yep. Jaimie you need a gh4

I've always been a Panasonic fan, but I have to say Sony is killing it right now. In fact, all of the major disc golf media crews have switched over to Sony (or have bought new Sony gear in the last couple of years).

I've always been a Panasonic fan, but I have to say Sony is killing it right now. In fact, all of the major disc golf media crews have switched over to Sony (or have bought new Sony gear in the last couple of years).

They absoloutley all have their own distinct advantages and disadvantages.

*for the sake of this thread, whichever ones the most silent reigns supreme.. haha

I don't see what the problem is. This kind of sounds like a distraction of your own making. Why would you ever devote any of your attention or focus to a man sized spot ten or twenty feet off the tee on the ground?

Oh right, just decide not to be distracted, why didn't I think of that?

This guy must be some kind of zen master

Oh right, just decide not to be distracted, why didn't I think of that?

This guy must be some kind of zen master
Steven-Seagal-760x400.jpg

Semantics warning!

There's no such thing as a 24fps photograph. That's called video.

24 photographs per second makes sense though.

I have the Sony A9 and it is a beast of a camera. The shutter sound is non-existent when in electronic shutter mode.

This is how the specs read, "Up to 20 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 362 Frames in JPEG Format."

Just thought of this without noticing really, which is the point in this case. I didn't see this photographer laying in front of the teepads at Dela for masters cup. Much more professional Not being in the direct line of play. PDGA must have got the memo...

Just thought of this without noticing really, which is the point in this case. I didn't see this photographer laying in front of the teepads at Dela for masters cup. Much more professional Not being in the direct line of play. PDGA must have got the memo...

Maybe this photog didn't make the trek since this event was in California.

I really doubt PDGA takes feed back from this forum that seriously.

-Dave

She was there. It's her photo credit on most of the pics on PDGA.com.

As for photographers not being in the line of play, how about this one...

attachment.php

Not really in danger of being hit but certainly in Sarah's line of sight. Nothing unprofessional about it at all, IMO, unless she asked him to move and he didn't. I'm guessing that was not the case.

Attachments

• 2018MastersCup-photographer.jpg
    2018MastersCup-photographer.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 191

Alyssa was there, and did her usual (awesome) thing, and again no pros complained :)

Maybe this photog didn't make the trek since this event was in California.

I really doubt PDGA takes feed back from this forum that seriously.

-Dave

Big brother is always watching. ;)

Also, not a lot of great spots at DeLa to be laying in front of teepads. But Alyssa is a beast and if the players are cool with it, good.

If you're professional, you should be able to tune out such things. Motion is what is usually disturbing, someone standing/sitting/laying wouldn't bother me at all. She is super cool, and I like the shots she captures...

In "professional" sports you typically have photographers designated to specific areas. Not sure why this is so hard to understand...

In "professional" sports you typically have photographers designated to specific areas. Not sure why this is so hard to understand...

And?

The only people that seem to have a gigantic issue with this are on this forum. The people who her position affects the most - the pros - don't seem to care at all so why anyone else gives a rats a$$ is a mystery to me.

Just on a crusade for the sake of a crusade I guess. :\

Latest posts