• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Romance or Disc Golf?

discguy42

Double Eagle Member
So, Valentines Day falls on a Sunday this year...which is my first day to play for the weekend ( I work ALL DAY on Saturday :thmbdown: ).

That makes it kind of odd because the normal for me and my wife (of 20 years) is I send here a nice flower arrangement, a card, dark chocolate, an we will go grab some dinner together that evening.

This really wont present a problem for me to play AND "Valentine" that day, since I have to plan and present the days activities. Funny how that works, when women are half of the relationship and the whole event falls on the man to "romance". We need to be wooed too :thmbup:!

Now are any of you single or freshly married guys having to choose between the two OR are you smooth enough to make both happen and keep your "other" happy!

Last edited:
I was smart enough to marry a disc golfer......we will get in a rd or go to putting league depending on weather.....

I'll be working, breaking up all the domestic fights because of freshly married husbands who thought they had a choice in either romancing the bride or playing disc golf.

My wife spends all winter in FL. We have never actually spent a Valentine's Day together since we got married. This year will be no different. It's going to be really cold on Sunday though, so I probably will just spend the day inside playing video games, drinking beer, and eating junk food.

So, Valentines Day falls on a Sunday this year...which is my first day to play for the weekend ( I work ALL DAY on Saturday :thmbdown: ).

That makes it kind of odd because the normal for me and my wife (of 20 years) is I send here a nice flower arrangement, a card, dark chocolate, an we will go grab some dinner together that evening.

This really wont present a problem for me to play AND "Valentine" that day, since I have to plan and present the days activities. Funny how that works, when women are half of the relationship and the whole event falls on the man to "romance". We need to be wooed too :thmbup:!

Now are any of you single or freshly married guys having to choose between the two OR are you smooth enough to make both happen and keep your "other" happy!

Wife has been playing for 25 years. :D:thmbup::D
You do get "woo'ing" March 14......Steak and hummer day. :D

My best friends birthday is on valentines day, he got me into playing.

If its nice ill prolly toss a few back with him and play a round then do the girlfriend thing. Shes cool so idk how helpful that is. My ex was a B so valentines day might as well been her second birthday. Upgrade upgrade!!

It is all about "Bank Account Balance"

I tell all of my young married (or dating) DG friends to make regular deposits into the "Disc Golf Bank of Wife". Failure to do so will turn almost any ill-timed DG outing into a bounced check.

It is usually rather easy to check your balance. You can see it in your Significant Other's eyes.

Sort of a DG Pay It Forward way of doing life.
Happy Discing,
Ron

Well, with things seriously on the rocks with the girlfriend Valentines day will probably be spent doing things around the house. Unfortunately no romancing or golf. Man, life sucks.

But I am hoping I can talk her into doing something and yes I'm definitely hoping to get a hole in one if you know what I mean. Har...Har.. Har.....

Wife will be at work all day. And unfortunately it's going to be to cold out to drag the little ones round the course with me. So it looks like just some putt and approach practice in the back yard for me. I do plan on having a nice steak dinner cooked for her when she gets home though.

I have a very understanding fiance, but at the same time. If I disc too much or prioritize, I do get the "mmmhmmm"

So its a balance. But I plan on playing Sunday morning, then an afternoon of shopping and dinner. It'll be good

I've been married 36 years, and my wife and I agreed long ago that Valentine's Day was a dumb holiday so it's just another day for us. That said, I've played both Saturday and Sunday for the past 3 weekends because the weather has been nice so with the current conditions being what they are I'll probably just try to catch up on things around the house.

Mother's Day, on the other hand, is very much a Sunday with no disc golf...

Some things are more important than disc golf, but I also know that it takes like 2 hours to play a round. Get up early, disc hard, then spend the rest of the day with your significant other after. Pretty easy.

ThrowBot's attempts at romance:

useless.jpg

Source: http://xkcd.com/55/

Last edited:
Or plan a sitter and date night for Friday. Buy yourself a Sunday morning round or two. And make the wife a massage appointment for Sunday afternoon, while you cook dinner.

That is playing in advanced.

Thankfully my S.O. HATES Valentine's day with a passion. So I'm pretty much off the hook entirely. I'll probably get her some flowers any way like I usually do and get cussed out for it. Point being, I'm basically off the hook.

For me its simple. The wife plays, but not so regularly. And if she isn't coming with me, then she never begrudges me my love affair with throwing frisbees. But the same goes if I want to fish, or bowl, or...

My sweet wife might not be perfect, but she's perfect for me.

Latest posts