• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokley on tour 2022

Scott Stokley Finish at Las Vegas

• Scott finishes top 10

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Scott finishes 11-20

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 21-30

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 30-50

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Scott finishes over 50th

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Might've answered my question but let me know if I'm wrong:

looks like they have priority for the DGPT tour card holders + a time-gated process starting with 1000+ rated players (e.g., https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/DGPT_2022_Las_Vegas_Challenge_presented_by_Innova/register)

So in that case the slots after DGPT tour card may go fast for 1000+ players, edging out people like Stokely. Looks like he's registered at LVC but I don't see him on the list for the next 4.

I think you have it right....tour card and then everyone else. We are seeing more of a "tiered" entry for tournaments this year due to complaints about people not being able to sign up. Another example is B-tiers....now you have to be a PDGA member with your dues current.

A local tournament is "tiering" their registration to females and juniors first, then the rest.
Another one opens registration to club members first.

With how disc golf expanded during the pandemic, I think "tiered registrations" is how things will be from now on.

Side note, I handed him an OG X-Clone (a disc mold he used to set a distant record, once upon a time), and he gave it a hurl for somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 feet.

Wow, that's super cool! I still have a 167ish one in good shape, close to what he used to break that record.

I just hope he doesn't do so poorly that it hurts his training business. Not too many top level players are offering the help he is these days. I think if he can get a few top 25 finishes that would be great for him.
"Look at me--I am X years old, and I am competing with the top talent in the world every week. Imagine how good I can help you be!"

Nah, I think at most he risking losing a crowd he doesn't have anyway; the young players that never heard of him. That's like zero risk. I stumbled on him quite by accident.

Scott's probably my number one choice of teacher, learned more from his videos on points of confusion than anyone else. He removes a lot of the woo/unnecessary steps and teaches the practical how-to much better than anyone else.

It'll be great to see him play. I don't care how he finishes. He's 52, anything will be icing. I hope he has tons of fun doing it.

I'm trying to catch up on the DGPT rules this year. Based on this page:
https://www.dgpt.com/schedule/register/tour-pass/

Are *only* people with a tour card able to attend DGPT events those ? Or are those just people who are guaranteed attendance & there are more slots beyond that allowed to play at events? If so, how are those decided?

Interesting that they have this exception:
"US Players rated at or above 1015 (MPO) / 915 (FPO) who apply for a waiver to access the tour card based on special circumstances."

Even there, Stokely doesn't currently qualify, so I'm interested in how this will shake out, in general, this year.

This is a thing I think he knows and maybe not a lot of people do. While he might be going "on tour", I doubt he gets to play in even half of the elite level events put on by the DGPT due to tiered registration.

He will get lucky on a few of those events that people skip but I see Stokley sitting on the WL for a good majority of the season.

One other possibility is sponsor exemptions. I've seen some events hold spots for that.

For DGPT there are (I think) 5 DGPT exemptions and 5 local exemptions per event.

The difficulty players have getting in apparently varies a LOT from event to event. Total sub-1000 players at the events that are already full:
Vegas 33
Waco 1
Texas States 22
Jonesboro 0
Dynamic 1

Scott is in for Vegas but doesn't appear on the Wait List anywhere else. I am too lazy to check if there are concurrent masters events going on at these stops.

The dude has "DISC GOLF" inked on his fingers.

DG is his life. It's not specifically about how he finishes in a particular tournament.

TBH, it's kind of a dream come true to live your passion, and still maintain that passion as you live it.

I read an interview fairly recently was Scott and he was talking about his ability to cash and what not, he talked about dropping out of last season because of his body and injuries and he basically spent all last year training. He doesn't want to compete and take a spot away from someone who has a chance of cashing so he's going to be standby for a lot of the tournaments or on the waiting list.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does get some sort of special bump for legend status to play on a card that would induce more viewers.

He feels like he can compete and if he couldn't compete then he wouldn't be trying to do it. Really good interview.

He also did that ridiculous "longest hole" video thingy, I can't remember how far it was but it was epic, he threw a disc all day down the beach, all day, finished at sunset. The dude is ready and coming to play!!

Last edited:
I just want him to destroy brodie after he talked so much **** about him on debate night.

I watched some of that episode. That was the weakest smack talk ever if you are counting that as schmidt talk.

He was trying to hype it up because they need people to care and watch because of the amount of money put up. Kind of like wrestlers talking before a match.

I've been around both guys. Zero doubts they will get along just fine.

I watched some of that episode. That was the weakest smack talk ever if you are counting that as schmidt talk.

He was trying to hype it up because they need people to care and watch because of the amount of money put up. Kind of like wrestlers talking before a match.

I've been around both guys. Zero doubts they will get along just fine.

If you say so... Brodie acts like hes been playing for decades and has tons of wins under his belt. Brodie needs to shut his mouth and prove himself.

Yeah, that is rough. Looks like something shot from the selfie (front) camera of a budget phone in the early 2010s.

My guess is that they live streamed it with their phone through the phone network and had poor connection. Been there, done that, and you won't notice it on the phone while streaming since it looks fine on your phone. Most others probably film it with their camera and/or phone and then edit the film and upload it to Youtube etc.

Brodie sucks. Not a warrior. Hes arrogant and not good. Hes in it to make money and spread his brand. Hes where he is because of paul. thankfully paul left those idiots at foundation.

I really don't know or care what you are talking about or how it relates to Scott Stokely going back on your this year. It's a fun story and you are just spewing bile about something else.

I'm sure there are other threads for this.