• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

uhhhh it's an elite course!

it's transcendent of almost any other dg experience. meaning there is no sufficient way to describe how pleasurable it is, you must experience it for yourself. everyone will find his or her own bliss there.

if you want a really solid, long course to "throw your arm off" and layup for putts with no easy deuces in the manner of which you speak, well that is Roy Guerrero in Austin.

Selah SMOKES Roy G and pretty much any other course in TX. I would play Lakeside twice, once from shorts, once from longs, and just skip Creekside next time I go out there.

Skip Creekside? Granted Lakeside is the better of the 2 courses, but Creekside has some very memorable holes especially towards the end of the course. If you arrive at a decent hour (not noon like we did) then there should be no problem in playing 3+ rounds before dark.

I am wondering if this is an elite course or just a throw your am off and place your layup close to the pin so you have a easy put. And what I mean by that is just because Duces and near and never, dos not make it an elite course. An elite course should make u use every shot you know and maybe some that you make up on the course. I hope this course is as good as every one says then I guess have a gem there. If there is a sanctioned tournament there I hope you have enough day light our club tournaments at idlewild take about 4-5 a round.

Really...you are wondering if it is an elite course?.....I guess all the "reviews" on the Disc Golf Course "REVIEW" site are way off base. Stop wondering and go play it.

I find it amusing that pretty much everybody that has played there backs that these courses are great, the reviews show that as well as the banter in this thread. The critics are the folks that haven't even played it, good thing they're not writing reviews from looking at pictures.

Skip Creekside? Granted Lakeside is the better of the 2 courses

And if I'm drinking Johnny Walker, I'll take that blue label. Sure red and black maybe good, but blue is the ONE.

I don't even drink Scotch but that's the first analogy that popped in my head.

Selah SMOKES Roy G and pretty much any other course in TX. I would play Lakeside twice, once from shorts, once from longs, and just skip Creekside next time I go out there.

Skip Creekside!?! There are some great holes at Creekside, #3 is one of my favorites on the property, 9 is a pretty cool hole, and there are a couple more holes to air out drivers on than on Lakeside. The two courses really go well together.

Lakeside is the better course, but that doesn't mean Creekside isn't worth playing.

Oh no I was not insinuating that Creekside ain't worth playin, haha. I'm saying I freakin' LOVE L/S that much.

Is #10 Creekside the island hole or something? I took a SWEET 4 on that one. Shoot maybe it was a 3. Pretty sure it was a 4. I know I played it perfectly for a 330' thrower like myself.

That island hole is incredible, one of my favorite holes I've ever played.

Oh no I was not insinuating that Creekside ain't worth playin, haha. I'm saying I freakin' LOVE L/S that much.

Is #10 Creekside the island hole or something? I took a SWEET 4 on that one. Shoot maybe it was a 3. Pretty sure it was a 4. I know I played it perfectly for a 330' thrower like myself.

I believe that 10 on Creekside is the big dogleg left where the basket is on a peninsula. You threw it in the creek twice and got a snowman if I recall...;)

Anyone who has played Lakeside and has not reviewed it, please give yourself 20 lashes with a whip.

I want to play the courses again before I review them. The day I played there, I was "in a zone" and could throw my game as I envisioned it. It's so rare to have a day like that. I want to play there when I'm playing my normal, inconsistent self so I can better compare the courses to other experiences I've had. The adrenaline I had when playing these awesome courses on a fabulous October day... words don't do it justice.

uhhhh it's an elite course!

it's transcendent of almost any other dg experience. meaning there is no sufficient way to describe how pleasurable it is, you must experience it for yourself. everyone will find his or her own bliss there.

if you want a really solid, long course to "throw your arm off" and layup for putts with no easy deuces in the manner of which you speak, well that is Roy Guerrero in Austin.

I'd hope so. Roy G. is not that great of a course. It's not bad by any stretch, but it's a very straight forward course with not much diversity. It doesn't really have any memorable or signature holes and they're all so similar in nature that the entire course just melds together. I can think of 3 courses in the Austin area that are better-- Circle C, Wilco, and East Metro. In the surrounding Austin area I can think of 3 more that are better-- both courses at the Circle R and the meadow course at Twin Parks.

Anyway, I really want to get out and play Selah as I've heard nothing but good things. It's about 5 hours away though so I'm guessing it will have to be a weekend trip, but I'm also guessing it will be worth it.

Last edited:
The e-mail confirmation that I got after registering for world dubs said they have done a lot of promoting in the area. Pretty cool that there will be live coverage. I can't wait for March! Registration is going quick, so if you plan on playing, sign up now!

I bet it takes all day to do two rounds of doubles at Selah, especially when worst shot is thrown into the mix at some point.

^When i was there a few weeks ago Dave said that the chamber of commerce from mount vernon was visiting and that they would be involved in upcoming tournement(s)

So where will all the campers be during the Paige / Emac fundraiser and world dubs? I remember seeing a few fire pits along the course, but not much. Will they be spread out, or all in one central area?

Forgot to mention, my avatar should look familiar if you have been out there. :thmbup:

Hell my cover photo on FB is the island putt. I love this place so much. Need to go back soon.

Latest posts