• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Shallow Driving Putter

Shapers

Par Member
I've been looking for a driving putter for a while now, and I've tried the Opto Pure. I didn't quite like it, because the rim is too thin which makes it hard for me to get a comfortable grip on it. However, I really like the rim on the Roc3, which is the same depth as the Pure, but has a thicker rim. A slower Roc3 would be perfect.. I've got small hands, that's why it has to be shallow.

I need the putter to be straight, not flippy, but it has to be able to hold a line in moderate wind. It shouldn't be too beefy either. Shallow, and with a decent width on the rim.

I'm open for all sugestions, any brand and plastic.

(I've got no idea about how the poll system works, but I belive that you guys can add options. Will figure it out soon!)

I've been looking for a driving putter for a while now, and I've tried the Opto Pure. I didn't quite like it, because the rim is too thin which makes it hard for me to get a comfortable grip on it. However, I really like the rim on the Roc3, which is the same depth as the Pure, but has a thicker rim. A slower Roc3 would be perfect.. I've got small hands, that's why it has to be shallow.

I need the putter to be straight, not flippy, but it has to be able to hold a line in moderate wind. It shouldn't be too beefy either. Shallow, and with a decent width on the rim.

I'm open for all sugestions, any brand and plastic.

(I've got no idea about how the poll system works, so I won't add one.)

Picked up an Envy for this exact slot and so far it is working great. It's definitely OS, but not too beefy.

My preferences and hands are similar. Tried the pure meh. The envy from axiom is exactly what you ask for. Great feel on the hand dead straight with a nice late fade. Eats wind for breakfast as well.

A seasoned pig would be pretty close to your describing.

Soo.. If I'm going for the Envy: Which plastic? Weight? And do I have to hyzerflip it to make it go straight?

you do not have to hyzerflip. it just wants to go straight. if you are solely using to for driving i would suggest protron and 172 and up!

Envy all day. It's got a touch bit more driving stability than Wizards and Ions, but that shallow-ish rim that feels comfortable off the tee. I've always loved driving my deeper putters and the Envy feels almost like a gamechanger for me.

Even though it's technically a slow mid, I have been liking the Dynamic Discs Suspect for exactly this type of shot.

I hate the disc and think it's silly BUT it may just work for you. The Innova Wedge... Is for lil handed folk.

you do not have to hyzerflip. it just wants to go straight. if you are solely using to for driving i would suggest protron and 172 and up!

I'm going to use it for mainly driving. I'm not familiar with the plastics, so what other options are there, and how do they compare to Innova's?

I'll probably go for max weight, 174-175 grams.