• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SHOW ME YOUR BAG TAGS. please :)

joelwpg

Disc golf is growing fast here and I've been charged with getting bag tags going for next year. I was just hoping for some ideas. If anyone could post pictures of their tags that would be great. As well i have a few questions. What are they made of, metal, leather, wood, plastic? how much did they cost to make? (if you know)
Also if there are any events or special/different rules that might be used in your area?

Thanks!

Paragon

Google them, there work and customer service is phenominal

I love the paragon tags. If you're looking for a cheap solution, cattle ear tags are a solution I've seen work really well. If you have someone local who does metal or woodworking and will give you a deal that's a great option too. Something unique is always a bonus to me when I buy a bag tag.

I have seen a couple of different things done. Some locations use their club logo and just change the background color of the bag tag from year to year. I have also seen where a club used a color photo from each of the individual holes on their course.

The one I currently have is round (plastic) and it was $10

Panda tags, done by Paragon

Attachments

• PBT.jpg
    PBT.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 127
Sold tags for $10. We split the profits with the next upcoming PDGA sanctioned tournament in NM, with those profits going back to the players at the tourney in the form of putting contest, skins match, ring of fire, etc.
Bought 60 tags: 50 unisex, 10 women only. Our top 5 tags were handmade glass.
Just had our last official tag event. Glass tag holders (top 5) get free tags for 2014.

Front

Back

Top 5 tags (also got the standard gold tag pictured above):

A small group of us that play just bought additional minis and put numbers on the back. As the group expands we just add additional minis with numbers.

We have "normal" trade tags for the old school folks who say you shouldn't lose the #1 tag because you couldn't show up and a VIRTUAL tag that always shows you where your rank based on last week's league performance. A simple scan of of the QR code using your smart phone tells you your virtual position. I like this a lot as many times, I played really well but got a crappy tag because of no shows. Problem solved! And the guy who had #1 and didn't show up... well he's good enough to get it back right when he shows up? For the meantime, he drops to the top of the heap of players not current.

Gold tag is tradable tag and the red tag is permanent and matches the specific player. Since I designed the database, you can actually be in more than one league at a time too. Even have options for other league types like fishing, darts, bowling, etc.

picture.php

picture.php

We have "normal" trade tags for the old school folks who say you shouldn't lose the #1 tag because you couldn't show up and a VIRTUAL tag that always shows you where your rank based on last week's league performance. A simple scan of of the QR code using your smart phone tells you your virtual position.
can you link me to the tag tracker? I tried scanning your pic with my phone, but I think the angle is too funky to pickup.

We have "normal" trade tags for the old school folks who say you shouldn't lose the #1 tag because you couldn't show up and a VIRTUAL tag that always shows you where your rank based on last week's league performance. A simple scan of of the QR code using your smart phone tells you your virtual position. I like this a lot as many times, I played really well but got a crappy tag because of no shows. Problem solved! And the guy who had #1 and didn't show up... well he's good enough to get it back right when he shows up? For the meantime, he drops to the top of the heap of players not current.

This is an awesome idea.

can you link me to the tag tracker? I tried scanning your pic with my phone, but I think the angle is too funky to pickup.

Hmmm... ScanLife pics it up super fast. Nonetheless, that QR code leads you here where you see that I have virtual tag 16... even though I have traditional tag #2 since I did well last time I played.

Scott Tag

Here's a quick list of players and where they stand right now...

Standings

Hmmm... ScanLife pics it up super fast. Nonetheless, that QR code leads you here where you see that I have virtual tag 16... even though I have traditional tag #2 since I did well last time I played.

Scott Tag

Standings
Just so I understand, there is no mechanism for reporting a tag swap using the QR code. It just takes you to a tag list. Correct?

Just so I understand, there is no mechanism for reporting a tag swap using the QR code. It just takes you to a tag list. Correct?

Correct. The QR code tags NEVER swap hands... the code identifies the player. So the QR code is more of a player code. Once league results are entered into the system, the rankings are calculated and the code simply tells you where you stand.

My long term vision is to hook up with a scorecard app somehow. The person running league would do a "Start" and scan everyone's tags. Then when the scores are completed, there is nothing left to do. Currently we enter the scores in manually. So no swapping is ever required.

If you wish to challenge someone outside of league, that's what the other tag is for. I'm sure we could build that into the QR code tag as well.

Those are good ideas! What I'm particularly interested in is using the QR code as a quick way to report casual swaps, ie you and your fried battling eachother 36 holes for your tags. If you stay logged in to the site on your mobile device (via a cookie) and scan your new tags QR code it uodates the current tag list.
To take it a step further, you could integrate scorekeeping and GPS location to report a score and course like you mentioned. If you could get this added to an existing app, like udisc, it would be awesome for those of us that maintain the tag list, stats, etc.

Thanks to everyone who posted a response to this! We got some great ideas!! Just have to get them made now :)

Scott Tag

Standings

That is awesome.