• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Single Disc Rounds

What is your go-to disc for a one disc round? I'm so addicted to Disc Golf, I actually brought a disc with me on my last vacation.

One disc is being addicted?
I always bring at least 8 discs with me on vacation:

3 putters
1 mid (Buzzz)
2 fairways (Undertaker and Patriot)
1 OS fairway (Machete)
1 distance (Nuke or Cannon)

I have this setup still packed in a messenger bag I brought with me on my last road trip. Unfortunately the only thing that got use was the putters in the hotel room, but at least I was prepared.

Generally Putter only rounds, maybe a battle between Orange Pure and Blue Pure. Good practice for upshots and putts.

This has changed for me. I used to say Ion or maybe Axis, but now I'd have to rock a Particle.

Agreed for a 1-disc round. Although if I'm traveling and intend to play DG, I'll usually bring somewhere between 3 and 8 discs depending on how much space I've got in my luggage.

The saddest thing about my choice is that the disc I carry in the trunk for playing catch/impromptu rounds is...a Gopher. :\

Throwing putter or neutral/stable mid.

With a new mold or a mold I haven't used in years I'll often force one...I played a Firebird only round about a week ago since I hadn't thrown one in the better part of a decade. I brought a Clutch for putts only. Makes you learn the disc much much better than even fieldwork IMO

Classic question

Any DX Roc. Fresh from Walmart ok.

If I thought a bunch ahead I might grab a comet from the van (Honestly my finesse with the Comet, rarely tossing lately) or a champ coyote from home.

Whatever I feel like getting to know.
Have won a couple of tournaments with a single disc, Buzz once and Firebird once. Played probably a dozen events with one disc, usually a Buzz or dx Gator.

Latest posts