• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snakes on the course!

We see Cotton Mouth Mocassins @ our home course every day this time of year. There are four holes that border water and you have to be careful retrieving one from the drink in the middle of the day.....

The USA has a lot of snakes. We see our share!

I wish folks would not kill every snake they see. Perhaps those are the same folks who throw beer cans under our 200 year old oak trees.

I don't know man. It looks an awful lot like the South Asian Breath Adder. Reason they call it that is when it bites you, you only get one more breath. Don't know how it ended up this side of the Pacific Ocean, but wow. You're lucky it didn't come after you. Those things are aggressive. I hear over in Burma the larger ones have been known to prey on humans once they reach their full size. They're not big enough to swallow you whole like a python, so what they do is drag your body off to a warm, dark pit and eat you a little at a time over a couple of weeks. :p

[/sarcasm]

Very funny Lewis... I know you play at Oregon Park all the time. Have you run into any of these yet? You better watch out. You may look tasty to them too.:p:rolleyes:

No I haven't seen any yet, but I try to steer clear of that particular hole in the creek because it's so hard to get 'em out of there. I usually try so hard to play it safe I hit a tree before my drive gets that far. That just might be the hardest hole at Oregon Park, in my opinion, though it could be the second shortest. I'm gonna have to go play there some time this week and see what I see in the way of snakes. They don't scare me, since I figure they won't bother me if I don't bother them.

This is what I am worried about!!!
If I learned anything from that video it was to make sure the next time I decide to try to pick up a diamondback to use a longer stick than that guy did, that or just turn around and walk away. I think I would do the latter

Rattlesnake, daddlesnake, who gives a crap? Go out there and see for yourself. They are out there man and I am scared. Give me a call and I will show you!

Relax. Of all the many species of snakes that live in the United States, only four types are dangerous to humans: rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, copperheads and coral snakes.

I am so glad I live in TN and we only have 3 of the 4!!! (no coral snakes, lucky us)

I liked the one on the boat even better. They way he juggled the snake in his lap a few times before throwing it down was classic. So which kind of rubber snake should I buy for Craig next time I play with him?

I was waiting for that or a pic of Indiana Jones.
Ask and you shall receive:
indiana-discgolf.jpg

OMG

This was not what I expected on my second shot.

Attachments

• IMG00151[1].jpg
    IMG00151[1].jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 52
man... thats pretty cool and all, but it should be the temple of disc, raiders of the lost disc, or the disc crusade... kingdom of the crystal skull was an abomination.

Latest posts