• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiting friends for the long Thanksgiving weekend and played a couple rounds at Bayville Park DGC in my old stamping grounds of Virginia Beach. Pretty busy course, but only shot two over and took along a good buddy of mine and his son to show them the wonders and majesties of the game -- they loved it. Gonna hit it up again tomorrow for a few more rounds.

Thanks to the honest brethren who found my Star Eagle on #8 after I lost it and called me to let me know they'd picked it up. Guys like that renew my faith in humanity. Thanks, fellas!

Not bad for a newbie in some gross wind. I am thinking 150g drivers are far too light for me on a windy day. They got a bit wild. Some turned into some nice rollers on accident. :thumbup:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385777995903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385777995903.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 14
Did pretty good today. Played the famous, "Shawshank" course in Huntsville, TX 23 holes of crazyness. I also got to play the other course in town for the first time. Nice little 9-hole course. Did pretty good out there also. Now I am tired, and ready for bed

I played a pretty good front 9. Had something like 5 bogeys and 2 doubles, both of which owe a lot to the fact that my putting stroke went down hill as I played. But aside from that, had a couple of really good drives on holes that have been really tough to play through, had some encouraging progress in terms of release accuracy (had some discouraging things too, but that happens lol) and hit a 60 foot par putt which made my day. So all in all, I can't complain.

Best Day Evah!

My personal best at Westminster DGC x 2. My goal for 2014 was to score even at this course I've lost 8 discs on. Bottom 2 scores are for me playing twice today. The top 2 scores are a buddy and I playing a new, for me, course Friday in the crazy wind. I tried something different today; I made all my putts. :D

WestminsterScore.jpg

I didn't play too bad today. On the 13th tee it started to smell like I stepped in something but I couldn't pinpoint where the smell was.
When I got home I went to wipe the mud off some of my discs and found a bird had crapped on 2 of my rocs.

Played at Seneca, 18 holes of doubles, 9 bonus holes with the group, and a double bonus 9 solo from the longs. Played pretty well overall - had some nice drives, and putting was solid. Good day!

Just got back from shooting my best round in a while. Not great for most on this board, but I'm happy. +3 at Armco white, with a couple really good birdies.

Last round of the year HAS to be good enough to make you want to play the Ice Bowl, right? :D

Not so great, there's a cut on the end of my index finger, so I couldn't use my normal grip, and I wasn't throwing nearly as far as I usually do. But it was still fun :p

Not great, not bad. Played my first chili dog league. +1 at kaposia, really fell apart on some holes and missed birdies I should have had easily. I'm talking like 10 foot putts. Birdied 8 and 10 though, that was satisfying.

We played Haslet for the first time today. The reviews say the wind never stops blowing there. We were on 18 as the sun was going down and the wind did stop. The rest of the round it was howling and provided some really funny moments (drives coming back toward the teebox, putts floating almost motionless in the air, etc.)

I was auditioning some discs for my midrange wind slot to replace my Q-Sent, so that was a success (now bagging the Wasp). My Champ Banshee and Champ Teebird saw quite a bit of action upwind and my 150 Star Teebird and 150 Star-Lite Valkyrie were working downwind (along with my Comet).

How'd I play, you ask? Meh.:\

Shot a couple rounds with my buddy Jim and HeavyCritters. First round, meh...second round, I was on after a bogey on 1. Putting was solid, drives were crap for most part. Spent a lot of the day scrambling.

And it was 40º in WI...pretty freakin' good day.

I was up last night drinking, get a text from a buddy "gonna hit the course bright and early at 8:30 tomorrow". For whatever reason my judgement was impaired so I texted back "I'm in, call me in the morning". I had been to bed maybe at 2am and didn't have a good sleep, so when my phone rang at 8 I almost didn't answer. But I did, got my hungover ass out of bed, grabbed a coffee on the go and headed out the the 9 hole course. Played my best round ever. For the first time on this course I played it par. When I started out I played that course +10. Two months ago I averaged that course +6 and started to work more seriously on my game. I had shaved it down to a previous record of +2. Now the par. I'm happy.

Improved home course best today....

Improved home course by 2 today for a +5. :clap: Was stuck at +7 for a long time. It's a tough course, with some longish holes in the 600 range. But they set up a more forgiving course for winter.

60 degrees for Golden Gate weekly handicap league today!! Had 9 birdees, my most. One stupid bogey and a stupid no look missed 12 footer. Coulda been even better. Tied my personal best.

Status
Not open for further replies.