• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 57 on a cool and cloudy day at Lum's Pond. Defended my DDG #3 tag for the forth consecutive round with my brother. Felt a bit rusty on the tee, but my short game kept me alive.

I had a fun round throwing multiples on almost every hole. Just throwing stuff for throwing ' sake. Even after only a couple weeks back on the landscape crew my drives are going farther. :) grip strength+full body workouts=kaboom. highlights of the round included parking holes 4 and 10 at kaposia on the first drive with dx and gstar TB, then just going out and throwing in the fields.

Played my first B Tier in the Sierra Tahoe Series this last weekend. First round was the best but missed 2 birdie putts inside 20ft and 2 par putts from 30ft. 2nd round the wind was gusting to 30mph and I shot pretty bad. Had 7 dead center putts that were pulled out of the chains by the wind - two with a driver! Still left the day in 6th place in a field of 12. Sunday on my home course, the wind was steady 20 with gusts to 40 :) Battled all day just to get par - only 1 birdie and moved up and tied for 5th last cash. Not too good overall. I feel like I left 10-12 stokes on the course from bad decisions - need to fix those mental errors before the next event.

So after a bad then worse round at my home course the past 2 days I went to a different course that I had only played the shorts once. It is all wooded and a LOT harder course than my home course. After my wooded (lack of) accuracy the day prior I figured I was in for a LONG afternoon.

Wow...I don't know where it came from but I was ON fire (for me). 5 strokes better than my prior round to end -5 from the shorts. Only 1 bogie the entire round. +6 from the mid tees which was excellent considering I don't have the distance to be within putting range on 2/3s of the holes. Relatively few tree hits considering the course and well above average putting. Managed my first 900 rated round (DGCR rating) with 900 even.

Threw a 50 today.. my personal best on a local course!

4 birds and the rest pars!! drove like a madman and dropped puts.. glad my putting game is coming back, i missed it the last season..

Much better today but the wind was rearing it's ugly 15+ MPH head and it was a battle. There was one hole I bombed on badly, just tried to fight big trees over and over when I should have just saved and approached. It cost me 4 strokes but my putts were on, my approaches were good, luck was on my side once or twice and I recognized it, took advantage and stayed positive. Last toss was a 40' putt SE with an East (Opposing from Left Front) wind. I grabbed my beat Wizard, aimed, did my dance, and thought, "this putter won't hold". Grabbed a brand new Wizard, aimed, did my dance, and put it on a direct line downward towards the chains. 40' into a 15mph opposing wind takes FOREVER to cover. Not gonna lie, my arms were going up AS my putter hit chains... NO SPIT SO ARMS ALL THE WAY UP! :D My best friend had a 30+ footer to make to tie but he was facing right to left wind and the pressure was on... I walked away with the W.

Turning drives over due to not keeping my head down as I rotate. Had the best forehand shot I have ever taken, putting and approaching was solid. I just need to keep my head down through my drives and I will have it made.

Still a chucker, +20 at North Side in Gainesville, FL. But I did hit the #17 basket from 150ft out with a Champion Cobra... Made my day. :hfive:

did putter huck standstill practice last night after work. followed by a ton of putting. i think my form is slowly getting cleaner

Finally started to get a solid roller under my belt and because of that I shot a -4 on a course that my previous best was-2. My drives nowadays are about 350 and its unbelievable how much easier some of these holes are now that I can throw a 400-450 roller. Its a game changer.

****in ' awesome. Been cruuuuushing my teebirds. Loving the champ more and more. The farther I throw these the more I see separation in lines between my beat dx and patriot but not enough to make a huge difference as long as I hit my angles right. I haven't had a single shot lately where i thought "man I wish I had a distance driver" except in headwinds. Then my Banshee steps in and I forget about it.

Also decided to putt with wizards still and just drive with ridges. I'm fine with it, it works for me and that's what matters. The ridge is too boxy to get my fingers under for good spring.

Had a great round this morning. Tied a personal record for birdies in a round (6) which made up for the 4 bogies I ended up with. It was really great because I didn't two putt any holes and made a few putts from outside the circle. The funny thing about the bogies was that they were simple mistakes that can be easily corrected. You lose focus on the tee and then all of a sudden you yank your drive off the line you really want. Guess I'll keep practicing my putting everyday and focus on good form and consistent release. It would be amazing if I could have played this round bogey free. -6 or better could have been within reach!

First round in 10 days as I'm still recovering from shingles (dude they SUCK). I was surprised how well I was driving and playing in general. Wore out quickly though.

thinking too much when i throw. and thinking too much between shots. really ****s up my game.

Played my first PDGA event in Amateur Intermediate(MA2)...would have finished 3rd in Advanced and we played from the same tees. Coincidentally I still finished 3rd in Intermediate :doh:. Definitely a positive takeaway from the event and the second round was two hours of soaking rain. I am actually glad I had to play through that so that playing in better conditions in future tournaments will seem that much better.

Got ran out of the house today by the wife for some shower she was throwing for future sister in law. Played a round in a light rain and shot -6. Everything was clicking. Accurate drives, approaches, and putting. Felt good to put a nice round together after the down rounds I've been having lately.

Played both my local courses today. First 18 holes I finished 4 up, not bad for me. Nailed my first ~50 foot putt, really starting to enjoy the judge. Second round at the other course went decent, but man was I burnt and dehydrated by this round. Nevertheless, I finished 5 up and played decent. Was definitely dissapointed with about 1/4 of my drives, but had a lot of great recovery approaches that felt good. Disc selection was above average for me as well as shot selection. I again found that I need to figure out how to throw forehand lol And again, I found I love disc golf!

Status
Not open for further replies.