• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Soccer players on DG course??

Let them have fun man. The baskets won't get damaged, and it's better than having a barbecue on the 1st basket.

I was playing at El Dorado in Long Beach,CA on Friday afternoon and saw 5 guys doing this - first time I had ever seen it. One dude got a birdie and they were all cheering much louder than any of the disc golfers on the course. Seemed like it was a regular thing there.

I kinda like the idea of playing soccer golf.

I don't think you could honestly hurt the chains with a soccer ball, maybe bending the basket, but the chains will be just fine.

I KNOW!!!Lets all go to their soccer feild and throw disc into the nets.We could call it disc- soccer.

Ultimate is just another type of disc golf but the baskets are human and you have to run a lot. Lame!

seriously people... there is no way a soccer ball could damage a metal basket unless it was a POS.

seriously people... there is no way a soccer ball could damage a metal basket unless it was a POS.

I don't know, I bet Daniel Agger could bend the tray from about 25' out.

I wish that happened at my course, I get dudes in Chivas jerseys using the basket as a soccer goal, tying their pitbulls to the basket, using the basket for a trashcan, etc.

Ah, North Asheboro.

I don't think any of them will hurt the basket. it's not like they were nailing the ball from close range. I assume they were just trying to hit the basket, not destroy it.

soccer balls have way to much give in them, if i can take an 8 yo kid off his feet with a shot to the head and him get up with nothing more than the sniffles then breaking a basket won't happen....

unless it's beckham.. he could at least bend it...

yeah i went there.

When I played soccer in high school we did the same thing. We never damaged anything but our own soccer balls. Many were popped or lost air from thorns and sharp broken twigs. To hole out you usually got it close and did a soft flick to hit the chains and have it fall in the basket. Also, baskets on hills sucked!

Latest posts