• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spike hyzer, what do you use?

DSC02204.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm just going to leave this here...

Shock or Zone depending on distance. Although, if I can, I like throwing grenades. I just think it's a really fun shot for up and down.

Another Banshee user here - love that thing. Very easy to range. Even my super beat DX Banshee still spikes admirably when I ask it to.

Banshee here too. The last time I spike hyzered it, it tombstoned. That's how you know you did your spike hyzer right.

Of course, it went nowhere near where I was aiming, but...

Looking to see what people use for short spike hyzers that need to stick. Do they stick all the time? Do they flip? Do they roll? Let me hear it

I have a 11x cal Firebird, and the short spike hyzer completely saves my game on days where wind is gushing. When you can not predict the wind, it picks up and slows down on a whim, the Firebird has no glide, so basically it goes up and then drops relatively at the same speed, despite gushing wind trying to hold it up. You have to read the left or right push, but because the timing in the air is predictable in gushing wind conditions, it gives you a predictable distance, and on approach shots in those conditions, that is gold. I can not recommend a flat top Firebird enough.

And to answer the OP, softer ground it will always stick, but harder ground it will have a small kick and occasional roll, but it usually always goes towards the slow fade direction, and it normally isn't a very far roll/skip.

I've thrown them with all sorts of discs, and the landing is pretty squirrely regardless of the disc. If they land just right and the ground is hard they can roll a little or bounce strangely but for the most part they just kind of die where they land.

Latest posts