• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stolen Bag and Discs on Ebay?

i got my bag and all my discs in my hands right this second just drove to hamilton to pick it up ,
Turns out the guy who was selling them on eBay bought it in London at a small thrift store, the whole bag and all the discs for $39.95 i couldn't believe it i gladly gave the guy 40 bucks and split thanks again everyone who helped especially GYBA ,meulen Dusan and Justin and kflash .
without your efforts none of this would have been possible... discgolfers truely are ALL FOR ONE and ONE FOR ALL
the guy said he recived 89 emails from outraged golfers from 18 states across the US and 3 other countries some of which were alittle threatning but I told him it was misdirected anger and he was understanding ,...wow within 36 hours of finding out my bag was on ebay 50 emails or so and SHES BACK BABY!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ps.. what a story this would be in the next pdga monthly mag. "pdga members come together across North America to reunite owner with his GEAR"

the pdga should be all over that ,,,somebody get on that...lol anyways i gotta go to bed i got a tourney in Kitchener ont. tee of at 9:30 wish me luck .....:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome news Sean, happy discing!

last time i was in london, my wife and i were checking into a hotel and we were in the lobby for mabey 10 min. than we went to the car to get our stuff, and the window was broken and her super nice $350 minitola 35mm camera was gone. went to the police and never heard about it again. it sucked to becase the car was parked in the spot that the security camera could just see like a hair of the car. anyway great job on getting seans bag back. now we need to get ebay sellers to post pics of the ink on the back of discs. just an idea. i want my firebird back, and my wife would like her camera too.

I am so happy for this ending.

To follow up on meatbones, does anyone think it is possible to make a living as a Disc Detective?

You know... I've become very curious as to whether the local disc digger (digs the discs out of the creeks and and etc) actually calls anyone before he tries to sell their plastic that he found...

And I am still kind of upset about my wraith. I left it right by the basket (of course my drive kicked ass!), ran back when I realized it was not in my bag and of course it wasn't there and everyone behind my group acted astonished that I was asking about a lost disc. "Yellow wraith? Nah man we haven't seen anything bro we'll keep an eye out tho!"

Awesome Glad, glad you got them back! Now it's time to go question the thrift store owner about when they were brought in and see if he can remember anything about the guy that brought them in.

Awesome Glad, glad you got them back! Now it's time to go question the thrift store owner about when they were brought in and see if he can remember anything about the guy that brought them in.

Hurray for over restrictive edit rules! :confused:

Meant to say, Awesome Sean... :D

Last edited:
Liked the thread. Very Much. (Esp loved the ..."stolen in Ontario and now in London? Wow" part.)
Relatively new at disc: 1.5 yrs. Have noticed discers are very cool.
Recently I was driving my older Buick...the passenger door popped open due to the top hinge needing a reweld...and my bag slipped out onto the street. So I get out, reclose the door and drive on, unaware I'd lost ALL of my discs. Some regular non-discer phoned both my home and my workplace to return it the same day!
What's the world coming to?

Hey this has been a great read and a wonderful ending to my buddies saga.

Sean is a dedicated player and love his brand new bag with all the accesories that were in it, even if there were a couple of dent marks from a kick or two, LOL

Sean was with some of us on Sat at the tourney in Kitchener, and was so stoked about all the time and effort you all put in for some Canaidian who you have never met.

What an awsome sport we are all apart of when you get this many folks interested in seeing and DOING something and to make it happen, you should all feel very proud.

Sean finished 4th I think the other day, our other buddy won the AM1, I finish 2 in Open, not bad for our small club, and yeh Sean wants a shot a my tag later today.

We are from a club called Bronte Creek about an hour outside of Buffalo in Burlington Ontario if any of you ever need/ want a course guide there are many locals that will be more than happy to make plans with you, and hey I bet Sean would call in sick just to meet anyone who was apart of this recovery, Oh yeh just got off the phone with him and it sounds as thou the PDGA is going to do a story on him and his saga. TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys ROC!~!!!!

Just go to discgolfontario.com and you can find us there.

Thanks from another Canuk

i cant wait until the bigscreen release! of course that after they put in the dramatic car chase scene and love triangle as the thief's motive.

Glad to see such a happy ending, I hate thieves and have had the good luck of catching 2 in my life. The most recent one was on my birthday. We had a big party and had previously installed a 9 camera system so that we could monitor the kids through the internet when we were not home. Anyway, a guy that I went to high school with and who even worked for me part time decided that he was going to steal a 24" monitor and my nikon d80 camera and extra lens while I was partying and playing poker. After 4 days of going through the dvr recorder we caught him red handed.

My revenge was sweet. I called him and demanded he return my camera, then he starts with some BS story about how he asked me to borrower it. I said why did you put it down your pants then. 20 minutes after he returned the camera, his wife shows up with my 24" monitor still in the box. We didn't realize he stole the monitor until after it was returned, it only showed up in 3 frames. I consulted with friends and we all thought he went too far. The police were called, I created a dvd with complete sequence of theft from many angles. I then placed the videos on youtube for all my friends to see as this guy was on spin control trying to blame me somehow.

Final outcome, he had to get an attorney and was charged with felony grand theft. He was able to plea down to misdemeanor grand theft and received 60 days in jail. He opted for the pay as you go plan for jail which set him back another $4500 to avoid going to county jail. I felt very good about the outcome and this guy now needs to find a whole new set of friends at age 40.

i havent bee on dgcr in a while and i got started reading this today...took a while cause its 20 pages long but well worth the read!! i bet the guy selling it was like "bought it for 39.95 and the bid is over 100!!!!!" and had his heart broken haha o well wasnt his to sell. good work tracking down the real owner though

Joey..... That's jokes glad to see this thread still rockin you guys are the best like my buddy rocmonster said I'll call in sick anytime to throw some plastic.

Latest posts