• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Straight stable, high glide, high fade fairways

Eagle X. Star would be ok if you find a firm one, gummy star EX will turn more. Better would be one in champ. Circle stamps don't turn much at all when fresh and have a healthy fade. I have a new run pearly JL that flies like the circle stamps.

Not sure if the disc you seek exists. A champion Eagle "X" might work. An FD-2 is very similar to a Banshee despite what the numbers say.

Another option is to move up in speed and just make a clean smooth easy throw with a 9 or 10 speed disc. A C-CD-2, Saint Pro or Pro Orc might work for the shot you're looking for. Another option is a powered down slight annie release flex shot with a Predator. I find the Predator to be a very user friendly overstable Disc.

AJ Bird (Brinsters have less glide to me), a light mild-dome Firebird, a beefy champ Eagle X (circle stamp, high PLH champ)

I'm not sure your first two requirements fit with "high fade." Straight-stable and high glide has a lot of options. You'll be hard pressed to find "high fade" without overstable + low glide.

this is the correct assessment. the definition of overstable is to have low glide, ie they don't want to stay in the air very long.

a flat champ teebird or domey champ banshee are going to be closest to what OP describes, though.

... you might try to find a teebird with a slightly higher plh. The fade will start a little sooner.

.. apologies for hi-jacking a thread, but what does 'plh' stand for please? (for those of us new folk)

.. apologies for hi-jacking a thread, but what does 'plh' stand for please? (for those of us new folk)

its just a little higher wing (parting line height) which makes a disc fly more overstable vs a lower wing or "PLH". You will notice many understable drivers have a low PLH while the overstable ones have a high PLH.

Thunderbird? Yeah it's faster but it's still a control driver, mellow enough to be glidey, and has the fade.

If your Teebird is star/gstar you can always try champ.

What about the Teebird+? I read somewhere that it flies slightly more stable than normal Teebirds

You have to find the plus molds that have the patent numbers. They are stiff and are nicely overstable compared to the average champ Teebird. Unfortunately they are getting harder to find. Also, they are Cal molds which might be a hint as to why they are a little more overstable

Season one up. The flight you are looking for really isn't something that's going to happen with a fresh disc.

For the most part, this ^, as I see it...either season one into what you want, or learn to manipulate it out of it. That Spark you mentioned, if it retains HS stability as you beat it up, but keeps that biting fade, it'll get there. (Or else, you have to be able to overpower it, throw it well "past" it's speed rating.)

Eagle might start there for you, I get this flight from a new, max wt. Servo, which is Eagle X like. (But the Servo will eventually start turning/fading, so that a hyzer flip is necessary to get that lazer-->hard fade shot.)

I tend, @ full power, to put a very mild anny/OAT on the disc more naturally as opposed to a natural hyzer, so I can get this kind of shot from a Resistor (like a Banshee, or it looks like, a Spark) fairly consistently...which that shot is a thing of beauty on low lines. Turns left late and on rails.

Thunderbird? Yeah it's faster but it's still a control driver, mellow enough to be glidey, and has the fade.

Actually that's a solid suggestion, as long as it isn't too fast for what the OP wants. Theyve got a ton of glide and a hard fade.

I'm looking for a straight stable fairway driver that also has a ton of low speed fade. I got a Teebird and it's straight and stable, but it kinda got that so-called forward penetrating fade. I'm looking for a disc that flies like the Teebird, except that it fades harder to the left instead of fading forward. I got a Spark that one could think that flies like that, the numbers are 7 4 0 3, but that thing is a total meathook, super overstable utility like a Firebird. I'm thinking perhaps an Eagle or a Saint Pro. Are there other options?

The new Dynamic Discs mold "Convict" is right in that ballpark, though I have not tried one. I was thinking about picking one up, but I have a seasoned Felon holding the spot right now.

I would say the saint pro is not what you're looking for. I bag an opto and gl, neither of which fit your wishes. They simply don't fade the way you want. They have the glide. When fresh they can be fairly os, but the season fairly quickly into a straight flier than has a gradual fade. Bigger arms will get some turn

Champion Thunderbird not thrown at 100% power came to my mind, also. High glide, plenty of fade. Thunderbird longer/faster than a Teebird, but when not thrown at full power it might be what you want.

My first thought was a predator as well, but it doesnt have high glide. If you need the glide and a similar flight to the tbird, I would suggest a powered down c-pd.

I would say the Star FL or the Proline tsunami would be what you are looking for. the gl trident is another good choice.

DX Firebird.

DX glide with fade between Champ TeeBird and seasoned Champ Firebird.

A slightly beat in Champion Banshee that is a little bit lighter weight than you normally throw. Or a DX Banshee, a beat DX Firebird, beefy Teebird...

I would say the Star FL or the Proline tsunami would be what you are looking for. the gl trident is another good choice.

My experience with the FL is that it doesn't have much glide at all, which is why I was thinking about the Thunderbird...