• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Straightest and longest flying disc for tunnel shots

15 foot wide tunnel... Comet. Summit if it's short enough I think I can still three it.

Ooooo, I know this one!

I would walk up to the tee with my 172g Moonshine truth, shout "in the name of the Moon I will punish you!" and flip that thing out 350+ laser beam straight with confidence. Last weekend I flipped it 45' short of a 425' pin, through a tight fairway.

This shot used to be super frustrating for me until I learned the Truth.

How's the headroom?

If it's pretty good hight tommy with an Ape. If not beat star Teebird up the gut.

Me and my Aero
Straighter than narrow
Wherever we go
Everyone knows it's me and my Aero

Hole #3 at BlueGills is a pine tree tunnel. Don't know the width, but it's narrow and about 240 ft long.

I'd throw a slightly beat roc or I'd try a valk on a hyzer flip. Both are straight but the valk will get me a little further down the fairway.

This is going to degenerate into "throw a Rattler" soon. OP said straightest and longest.

I like the two putter throw answer, maybe a beat and flippy one at that.
I also like the hyzer flip anything answer.
I also like the atlas answer.

But if I'm afraid of kicking off trees due to OB or whatever, probably go with 2 flippy putter shots.

This is going to degenerate into "throw a Rattler" soon. OP said straightest and longest.

I've often wanted to start a thread about a hypothetical competition where you have to throw a disc through a giant culvert 15' or so in diameter. Longest throw without touching any part of the culvert. This way, this lay up nonsense would hopefully be avoided.

For me, the seasoned Dx or glow Dx Roc is my goto disc for almost all tunnel shots regardless of distance. If it is a really looooong tunnel and I want to go for a little bit more of a risk reward type shot, then I will say a little prayer, take a short controlled x-step and throw a g-line FD on a smooth flat-ish release. When performed correctly the FD should fly "straight" about 50 feet further than my Dx Roc with a bit lower percentage rate of "success".

Latest posts