• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

I used to dirt and then free style. was real into the parts but cant remember crap really.

then I got a drivers license and found girls.

it was really hard on the body and just got more risky as we improved... bigger jumps and stupid tricks left a lot of bruised balls and scraped shins as well as ribs and many broken bones'

Just wasn't worth it and actually my main bike got stolen so that really just took the fun out of my party. It was a fully modified dirt track style with large front tire and reinforced fork, Kevlar seat, disc front break which was brand new technology back then lol... and of course the screw grooved fatty pegs!

My buddy made a video called "Wreckcreation" for his senior project. It was pretty cool because the local skate park didn't (still doesnt) allow bikes but he got a couple of us in for two hours. Just us and the park and his dad filming.

I tried to drop in on the vert ramp though. That didn't work out well for me.

I tried to get back into a couple years back but I couldn't get over how light the bikes were. Plus a bunch of kids were showing me up at the park. I was so stoked when I pulled a three over the sub and some 14 year old grom pulled a 540 to fake right after me. Little turd.

It's the same feeling I get when I play disc golf with the Abernathy brothers here in CO. I think Michael is on Team Trilogy. Dudes really good.

Boom. Full circle post.

Last edited:
The older I got, the longer it took to get over being injured thats for sure! I still say I was a better rider in my 30's than when I was a teen. I was more fit due to my road riding and MTB racing then but I still spent a lot of time riding mostly street on the BMX.

I still have my custom FBM at the ready though, built up as it sits it would have pushed ths $1500 mark at full retail price. Full selection of odyssey parts with some Eastern and Hoffman stuff to round it out.

My BMX weighs in at 26lbs. Not stupid light like some bikes can be built up these days. Just a good mix of solid parts that are durable and can handle a Fat Bald Man getting awesome on it!

In our household we have 20 bikes between us, including Me, my Wife, and my son, who has a custom FBM with odyssey, Volume and Demolition parts build as well. I have bikes that are worth way more than my BMX (which I dont ride much anymore) I told someone the other day that I would sell all of my other rides before I parted ways with that FBM :thmbup:.

Last edited:
those sound familiar... they cost a good amount of lawn mowing $ back in the day just for a pair if I remember right!

I built up a Federal Faction for my flatland bike and used the alloy Tubesteaks on it front and rear!

Those things were solid and comfortable on the feet too!

street was so much more safe and technical. I really got into the small sprockets and foot on the wheel tricks.

3 piece all day!

street was so much more safe and technical. I really got into the small sprockets and foot on the wheel tricks.

3 piece all day!

Street riding is like the blues, all you need to learn is a few "chords" and you can play.

The bunnyhop, the 180 bunnyhop, the manual, the feeble and 50/50 grinds and apply them to every spot you can find.

we did the weird stuff too though like frame stands and supermans. surprised I didn't die back then now that we are reminiscing. I cant imagine hitting some of those jumps in my current life'

we did the weird stuff too though like frame stands and supermans. surprised I didn't die back then now that we are reminiscing. I cant imagine hitting some of those jumps in my current life'

At one time I had a few sets of doubles that ran to a BIG set to end the run and a 5' tall box jump to the right of the dirt jumps.

We were either dumb or had balls back then...:hfive: to not knowing the difference!

Lets have more BMX talk in here again...:D

I rode for years. Broke my ankle the first time doing a 540 wallride.

We have/had a huge barn full of ramps. 40' halfpipe that had 16' of 6', elevated down for 8' and then 16' of 5' tall. Hipped out to a 4' box jump to a 24' wide 10' tall vert wall. To a 5' spine then hipped back into the mini. In between the box and spine was a 13' tall 8' wide vert wall with a 12' tall over vert wall that faced the 24' wide one.

We had pros from all over the world ride it. Our first coverage was in a French BMX magazine called CREAM.

Our group of friends also knew the owners of Area 51. We got to ride it for the first time before anyone else. Before the Skatelite was even on.

I later had a clip in the Local Exposure Tour, that Allan Cooke ran, doing a huge gap to wallride at Area 51. The second incarnation that is.

I eventually had to quit riding after I snapped my leg doing a 540 again. This time on a quarterpipe though at our friend Mark Hilsons park Undercover. We drove back to town an hour and a half and rather than going to the ER that nifty we just went to the bar ssince Jolson borrowed me his crutches.

Speaking of pegs do you guys remember the Kink El Guapos?

Or the Roller pegs? You didnt actually grind. Just rolled.

deloran-time-machine-drive.jpg

1260056-coat_hanger.jpg

Is this an abortion kit? I'll order 2

the most offensive thing about steeze's abortion post was he used a picture of the ****ty old west delorean. i mean the first movies car was solid. the car had even better **** poppin in movie two, then this contrived ass tube amp- red steelie with smoothies- wide whitewall monstrosity rears its ugly head.

I read that post as a joke and laughed. While abortion isn't funny, I am a firm believer that comedy should not have limits.

Unless steeze was serious, but I don't see how that could be possible because time travel simply doesn't exist.

Latest posts