• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas States

Does anyone know how long hole 20 was? The forehand Wysocki threw in the third round on that hole was amazing!

No. He was accurate off the tee, accurate from the middle of the fairway, and he made his putts.

So what you gather was that he was lucky? :doh:

perhaps reading the entire thread and the multiple comments that suggested so? i never said it myself. said i gathered it from what i read. i actually supported the fact that he wasn't lucky and likely outplayed the field after that first comment. now that was my opinion on the matter. guess you didn't do much proof reading. ha.

Sorry to take away from all the fun here, but...

I caught up with Wysocki yesterday to chat about his victory this weekend. Feel free to read about it here:

Wysocki dominates en route to Texas State Championships victory

thanks, Wysocki seems really humble and unsure of how to handle the attention....lol those are the Pros I like most.

Interst quote:
"I feel confident either way, it just depends on the shot," he continued. "It doesn't depend on my confidence."

Why are we even talking about luck when he won by 10 strokes?
Ha! Cuz in the beginning there was trolling; and it was bad. Critics said Manor required luck, and that Ricky must be drowning in it to have scored well. And then God brought the flood and Joe Bishoped everything away.

Ha! Cuz in the beginning there was trolling; and it was bad. Critics said Manor required luck, and that Ricky must be drowning in it to have scored well. And then God brought the flood and Joe Bishoped everything away.

Just making a point. :)

thanks, Wysocki seems really humble and unsure of how to handle the attention....lol those are the Pros I like most.

Interst quote:
"I feel confident either way, it just depends on the shot," he continued. "It doesn't depend on my confidence."

Ricky has been really awesome and accessible as we try and bring a little journalism to disc golf. It was very cool of him to talk to me not only for this article, but also for the preview article that ran last Friday.

For being so young, he really does seem to have a balanced game when he is on. It's going to be fun watching him duke it out with his teammates this season.

Why are we even talking about luck when he won by 10 strokes?

I would think, that it takes both skill and a bit of luck to win any tournament. Obviously skill outweighs luck and skill also creates luck too.

I will just say that Manor requires serious skill to score that well.

I'm high Intermediate to low Advanced, and I am VERY HAPPY to break 70 from the longs on just the regular 18 holes.

It probably took me five or ten rounds before I broke 70. Granted, that was before all the awesome cleanup work was done out there.

A PDGA B Tier at Williamson County DGC (Wilco) where couple of top pros are playing after the Texas States weekend.

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/100343

I followed the top card on most holes on Sat and followed the entire 3rd round today.

Ricky was really solid all weekend long. His BH and FH are amazing consistent and accurate, esp FH compare with other players. He sure had few hiccups but much less compare with his fellow competitors. His putting is pretty much spot on except for some missed due to tough winds esp today. I saw him threw D1 about about 25 feet almost sideway from basket at 547 foot hole yesterday and got deuced, amazing. It is good chance to see Ricky as the first player to break the 1050 barrier.

Nikko was pretty good, just bit more hiccups than Ricky. His FH from tee is not that strong compare with Ricky. He also missed couple more putts that I thought he would make them. Today he missed something like a 25 footer then missed a 10-12 footer at same hole, it is true that wind is the factor esp today but still... I don't think we need to make basket smaller :) He is risk taker, I think he took too much risk at times but that is him.

Devan is interesting character. I think he took way too much risk at some holes. Esp at par 5 hole where he got triple bogey. I thought he could throw decent hyzer upshot that can skip toward basket (probably not within 30 foot circle) but he opted for high risk over the trees which I guess he think he can make it to putting range) but he ended up hitting tree branches about 15 feet away, then threw similar shot and again came up short, then tried a roller that went past the basket, missed a long putt and then a short putt. He ended up 4th 1 behind from Nikko so I am sure he remember that hole very well. At later holes he got mad and made good long straight putt and he was still mad walking :)

Bradley played well and smart and had some hiccups as well but he played well enough to get 2nd place which is impressive. Missed some makeable putts and botched few drives but 2nd is great result among strong field.

It is kinda amusing to see those players vent out their frustrations. Nikko kicked his bag over and even stomped twice on his bag. Devan got pissed and kicked his bag over. Bradley kicked some dust and threw disc hard into bag. Ricky is more of cool but he do get frustrated at times, pissed at himself at times. Ricky really hurt his throwing wrist hitting tree at follow though getting out of rough which he did great tough upshot that manged to get into putting range.

It is great to see them having fun together, making jokes et al (I am deaf so I don't know what they are talking about but at least having good time).

Ricky's favorite FH disc is red champ FB. He got like 5 Avairs for putting, upshots and from tees. He threw D1s at long holes. Nikko and Devan do throw Star Destroyers. Nikko throws Drones and Bob Marley stamped mid (I don't know what mold is that) and Nikko did throw M1 at some holes. When Nikko got frustrated with putting at some holes, he putted with blue Evo Wiz and he did putt upside down few times.

At Final 10, I was rooting for my fellow DG buddy David Tomlinson as he moved up from 4th to 3rd in Pro Masters as he really played well in Final 10.

Latest posts