• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

2020 mid lineup

My mid lineup is currently in flux for the winter too. Hoping to figure out the overstable side of the spectrum.

173 Z Comet(three aces on it and gets most of the work under 200')
179 2019 MJ tour Comet(long comet shots, shots that I want to finish left)
177 sparkle BuzzOS
175 Mcbeast Z zone

Can't decide on either the buzzOS or the zone for overstable mid, adding an ancient z wasp in for the winter to further complicate that choice.

My mid lineup is currently in flux for the winter too. Hoping to figure out the overstable side of the spectrum.

173 Z Comet(three aces on it and gets most of the work under 200')
179 2019 MJ tour Comet(long comet shots, shots that I want to finish left)
177 sparkle BuzzOS
175 Mcbeast Z zone

Can't decide on either the buzzOS or the zone for overstable mid, adding an ancient z wasp in for the winter to further complicate that choice.

Regardless of location winter often entails extra clothing and a worse run up. Though day to day I would preach Zone>BOS, for winter stuff I'd say disc up to the BOS. Does it come in FLX plastic? If not try a Drone;) All joking aside if you'll absolutely bag both next spring and just want a temporary winter minimalist bag yes BOS. If you're at all unsure or "a Zone person" then stick with what you know...

Whatever happened to the Saturn stamped ESP comets MJ was teasing a while back?

They sold out very quickly just like the MJ ESP Banger GTs did.

Don't both suggesting that Discraft could make more of either of these discs. That would be way too logical.

Don't both suggesting that Discraft could make more of either of these discs. That would be way too logical.

Guess I missed out on that one. Never even heard about the release.

Discraft is too busy to do that ATM for anything like that because they're making all the McBeth fanboys happy...

Whatever happened to the Saturn stamped ESP comets MJ was teasing a while back?

I heard they recently did a planet-stamped Comet run in jawbreaker plastic that was gone before I could jump on it. I don't know that the ESP run actually happened yet.

I heard they recently did a planet-stamped Comet run in jawbreaker plastic that was gone before I could jump on it. I don't know that the ESP run actually happened yet.

Only did a 100 of them and they moved super quickly. Hopefully I have some more made up and a bigger batch of them at some point

Check out post #3282 on this thread . . . :)

Oh, and you didn't miss anything with the Jawbreaker Comets. They are flippy (which is fine if that's what you want) but they aren't durable and warp right away. The feel -- before they warp -- is most similar to the old white Ron Russell series Comets, although the JB ones are less stable.

OTOH, 2019 MJ tour series are great -- I have five or six and they are all domey and high-shouldered (i.e. stable for a Comet). I have more 2018 MJ tour series than I want to admit (10+) and those range from very flat to domey and similar to the 2019 ones.

Only did a 100 of them and they moved super quickly. Hopefully I have some more made up and a bigger batch of them at some point

Maybe some special DGCR love quantified in Saturn stamp comets.. I'd buy a load of whatever you are selling if it supports you! And by whatever I mean Comets..

Maybe we could get a Perry Saturn stamp as well!

Perry_Saturn_bio.jpg

Hmmm what's the going rate on getting it signed too? If you could make it out to the "Greatest disc golfer I've never met" haha

I like the Saturn's, but call me young but I miss the last old elite X print, the complicated starscape one. So bad, had one, a great one 178 and blue, red semi rainbow foil... kinda loaned/gave it to a buddy to help his game and he left it behind as a second trash shot out on the course. That's among my biggest "disc regrets" more than the discs that turned out valuable..

Just picked up a 172g esp comet. It's a Sandy beige with a black rim.... Not the greatest color for the fall (have almost lost it about 4 times.) But it flys freaking beautiful.

It replaced my Z comet that seems to have become more stable as it became beat in.... Not sure how that's possible but yeah.. team comet!