• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

MJ,

Are you planning on traveling out west again for 2020, or will you be scaling back? Also, we need a new run of Saturn Comets...played with Mark M. and he was throwing one beautifully. :D

Loved watching your quarterfinals round on CCDG. Some awesome comet shots and that forehand approach you parked was something we don't see often. What disc was that? Also did anyone film your semifinals round?

MJ,

Are you planning on traveling out west again for 2020, or will you be scaling back? Also, we need a new run of Saturn Comets...played with Mark M. and he was throwing one beautifully. :D

I am not sure on either one of those

Depending on how windy it is I have a Z wasp or a Z hornet on my shelf that I throw in the bag.

I dropped the Wasps out of my bag because for me they are too similar to the Buzzz.

But the Z-Hornets hold up great in headwind and glide more than a BuzzzOS. Such a shame they are OOP.

I bag 5 mids:
Z-Meteor
Z-BuzzzSS
Z-Buzzz
Z-Hornet
Z-BuzzzOS

I dropped the Wasps out of my bag because for me they are too similar to the Buzzz.

But the Z-Hornets hold up great in headwind and glide more than a BuzzzOS. Such a shame they are OOP.

I bag 5 mids:
Z-Meteor
Z-BuzzzSS
Z-Buzzz
Z-Hornet
Z-BuzzzOS

If you like the hornet, you may like the Malta. It's what I am using to replace the hornet

The Z-Hornet is the best. I agree it is a shame it's OOP

A huge thanks, MJ, for joining us and spending a weekend at a charity event, instead of a better-paying gig somewhere.

I had a blast down there David and am happy to support a good cause and a good private course as well. Plus that event is an absolute hoot with all the different formats happening

Hey MJ. Do you know if they ever made a crystal flx comet? Or Glo flx comet? Or any version of a flx comet?

They made a CFR Cryztal FLX Comet back around 2013 to 2015.
I know, 'cause I have about a dozen of them.
Don't know about the Glow FLX.

Do you still throw the Heat? If so...which ones do you look for when selecting them? I picked up a swirly ESP today and it was pretty domey, so I'm expecting it to fly a little more OS than normal ones.

Do you still throw the Heat? If so...which ones do you look for when selecting them? I picked up a swirly ESP today and it was pretty domey, so I'm expecting it to fly a little more OS than normal ones.
I hadn't been throwing it much for the last while, but for the end of the season I have been using the esp ones quite a bit. Just like how they feel in the hand better than most the other plastics. Plus they just glide for days