• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felon nro. 2

dye-10.jpg

Just messing around with using powder. These are both powder on Shaving cream. You lose the grainy look that you get using powder on detergent since the SC spreads so much more, but I like em.

Red one is a Gold line Pain, Blue is a Gold line Mace - matching set for the bag.

Attachments

• pain.jpg
    pain.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 100
  • mace.jpg
    mace.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 96
That's a sick dye but why does he have a fencing sword and why does the handle turn 90° from the blade?

So he can stab the discs to pick them up as he plays, no more bending over on the course!

They make foils with handles that way...:D...I have seen them as a pistol grip and also a grip where you hold with it between your pointer/middle finger with the thumb resting on the top of the grip.

Fencing is more about thrusting/pointing/poking with skilled placement vs. slash and hack with a sword. So that grip might be more comfortable for this attacking/pointing motion. You should check out some fencing, it is a fast paced and cool to watch.

He is also wearing fencing gear/gloves too.

Last edited:
That's a sick dye but why does he have a fencing sword and why does the handle turn 90° from the blade?

I liked the idea of a Samurai warrior inside the head of a fencer. My brother was really into the sport of fencing but I couldn't get it. Also, like disc golf, precision is required. I liken the Roc to a fencing foil and any fat rim 14 speed driver to a slash attack of a Samurai sword. lol

I do these mainly for personal use. I have done few for friends and they have paid something for the work. Nothing business-like, just a hobby that I can surprise a friend or a fellow thrower with. :)

just a few of the discs i did recently that aren't your normal ho hum... the johnny cash is typical, but the crazy thing is, the disc the client had me do it on... not only a ten year, but it also had a ghost textured mini bee and a black textured mini bee stamp as well... i like that he elected not to wipe the stamps.

also, my 2014 halloween disc I'm offering to customers. a limited run of 20 will be made... i would be a liar if i said the recent grocery bag dyes didn't help inspire the texture on the pumpkin.

Attachments

• IMG_3465.jpg
    IMG_3465.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 93
Explain to me the elmers mask....do you do a stencil first, then dump elmers on it and cut around it with an exacto or something before doing a shaving cream for the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts