• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my latest one. This was my best dye when it comes to bleeding due to overcuts/raised edges...I can only see two or three very small bleeds. BUT now I had some bad bleeding issues with my masking and I'm not sure how to fix it for next time. The dye would get under my mask and bleed into the other colors. I used clear contact paper for my masking...maybe I'll try masking with vinyl next time. And 1 more thing...I was very dissapointed with idye poly green...too dark.

Attachments

• IMAG3423.jpg
    IMAG3423.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 101
I see that Bennet has had a little free time lately...

Lil' bit, though some of those dyes are from months ago and just now posting. The houndstooth mask took me about a week to weed, just here'and'there when I had a few minutes. Gotta be slow, if you rip an edge on the pattern, might as well start over!

Robot Devil on a Glow RR. This one is for a friend in Columbia SC, we've been working together over the years to create a Groening-themed bag, he has a Bender, Bart, and now this!

Thanks to USPS for taking a 2-day Priority package and turning it into 6 days and a lot of heartache over whether it would actually find its home...

16694610493_231f3c8025.jpg

Robot Devil on a Glow RR. This one is for a friend in Columbia SC, we've been working together over the years to create a Groening-themed bag, he has a Bender, Bart, and now this!

Thanks to USPS for taking a 2-day Priority package and turning it into 6 days and a lot of heartache over whether it would actually find its home...

16694610493_231f3c8025.jpg

Nice! How did you do the 2 different tones of red? Is is the same red, or 2 different colors?

Nice! How did you do the 2 different tones of red? Is is the same red, or 2 different colors?

Spent a LOT of time testing to get the colors right. Nothing is a "true" red on this disc. Blends of tangerine, scarlet, brown, pearl gray, and golden yellow Rits to get these shades, and again, after LOTS of testing.

Spent a LOT of time testing to get the colors right. Nothing is a "true" red on this disc. Blends of tangerine, scarlet, brown, pearl gray, and golden yellow Rits to get these shades, and again, after LOTS of testing.

That's what I was afraid of. Haha. Nice job!

Old time hockey!:D

Just finished this Goldline Saint for my own bag. Logo is hot dipped Pylam turquoise. Pylam turquoise/florescent yellow SC dye, and Pylam turquoise spin...

image_zpsayrrybop.jpg

I know "they" say that a dye cannot make a darker color lighter, but the Pylam florescent yellow on this gold plastic sure looks like it can...

image_zpsagjep0e3.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Here's my newest one. Before I had some problems with colors mixing into each other. Seems like that problem is history :)

Just finished this Goldline Saint for my own bag. Logo is hot dipped Pylam turquoise. Pylam turquoise/florescent yellow SC dye, and Pylam turquoise spin...

image_zpsayrrybop.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

GREAT execution of SC background, looks awesome!

Here's my newest one. Before I had some problems with colors mixing into each other. Seems like that problem is history :)

Awesome dye, and also very frustrating.... ;)

image_zpsayrrybop.jpg

I know "they" say that a dye cannot make a darker color lighter, but the Pylam florescent yellow on this gold plastic sure looks like it can...

image_zpsagjep0e3.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Nice work man this dye owns....owwwwnnnnsssss

I think we missed a day, I'll provide some filler while you guys work on your masterpieces!

Some minis for KC's "Diva Spring Feeva", a Womens only tournament this weekend.

SF%20DSC_9991_zpsphxpn6fn.jpg

TW%20DSC_9990_zpsahdn3f0f.jpg

HH%20DSC_9984_zpsmvzxyorw.jpg

OK. Thanks Dan! Do you happen to know the cut off date for batches that work? I picked up some from '10, but haven't tried it yet.

Peace,
-Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.