• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The farthest shot you ever made into the basket

Hit mine today. Have been playing for about 4 months now and made a 100' uphill shot today for birdie on #7 at Lake Lewisville. For those of you that know the course, it was from down near the start of the rocks on the right. Not a record breaker, but I was pumped. First birdie on the hole too. Curved her in there with a CH Firebird.

Hit mine today. Have been playing for about 4 months now and made a 100' uphill shot today for birdie on #7 at Lake Lewisville. For those of you that know the course, it was from down near the start of the rocks on the right. Not a record breaker, but I was pumped. First birdie on the hole too. Curved her in there with a CH Firebird.

Man, I bet that was cool to see. Its always cool to nail a long birdie shot.

It was especially cool cuz it loudly blew up the chains and posted an unbelievably beaten-down face on the guy I was already beating by a few strokes that day.

428ft ace at Paw Paw WV.

I had Birdie on a 510ft hole at the Worlds in Huntsville in 1993. No idea how long either shot was.

I've never had an ace but i've had a few really long deuces. I swear the really long deuces come after you've completely screwed up your first shot and your so pissed that you just chuck your putter or whatever as hard as you can. The longest one I hit was at MSU in East Lansing. I was trying to throw a big s-hook sidearm shot and just yanked it straight into the grass about 100 feet in front of me. I was pissed and throw a giant hyzer about 230 into the basket. Im salty because out of the people I play with, I'm the one who always makes the long putts or approach shots but im the only one without an ace. Everyone else has about 5 each. :( Oh well....

No aces here either. My longest I think was uphill, completely blind, huge knife hyzer at 130'. I've hit a couple of 100 foot straight shots with the Roc this year and if a long bird feels that good I can't imagine what an ace feels like!

Bump. Thought this might be a cool thread to bring back. I know there are more stories out there.

my longest would be an ace 354' in Rocklin CA, best fairway ace would be about 200' with a big anhyzer with an MRV cutting between 2 trees and into the basket. I was still pretty new to the game then so that has stuck with me. had a few more in the 100-125 range but not near as exciting

416ft ace when I was 16 at Tom Bass on old #12.

Also hit a cool fairway ace in a casual round from 270ft with a FLX Drone that felt a little to tight to the tree but barely nicked the leaves and went in for the circle 3.

Skyriders in Fairfield, Maine. 200+ ft (73 paces) with a Sidewinder to get a birdie on 18. My jaw dropped.

Last edited:
Hit a 135ft shot with my KC Pro Roc on hole 6 at Bear Branch in the Woodlands for a birdie. It was a nice solid line straight into the pole :)

After 2 horible horible drives, a 250ft shot into the chains. This tops my longest ace by 50 ft.

It was during a tournament tho, so saving 3 was awesome!

Mine was about 140ft fairway shot with a DX Teebird for birdie. I hit another birdie with it from about 120ft later that week. It was love with the Teebird from then on but I don't use it from that distance anymore :)

274' hole #9 Barnett Park - Parkside
4f02527f.jpg

Playing a friendly round w/ my wife and dog...
Basket was actually in different position (274' straight ahead - to left of the pine tree that comes up and tilts diagonally upward and to right)

Decided that I didn't want to go the safe route around everything, so I went straight towards the basket with my FLX Buzzz, hitting the gap just to the left of the leaning tree and watched on as the disc sailed into the basket.

Had my wife sign the disc (my dog wouldn't sign it!)...

First and only ace.

274' hole #9 Barnett Park - Parkside
4f02527f.jpg

Playing a friendly round w/ my wife and dog...
Basket was actually in different position (274' straight ahead - to left of the pine tree that comes up and tilts diagonally upward and to right)

Decided that I didn't want to go the safe route around everything, so I went straight towards the basket with my FLX Buzzz, hitting the gap just to the left of the leaning tree and watched on as the disc sailed into the basket.

Had my wife sign the disc (my dog wouldn't sign it!)...

First and only ace.

True case of Risk vs Reward. Good work! BTW First and Only? Are you done playing? I'm sure you have another one in you.

Just finished playing a round. Lost my disc short left on hole #15, but found a DX Beast while I was looking. I gave up looking after ~15 min, took a penalty stroke, and stepped up where I dropped my bag to throw my par shot. I was so pissed that I lost my Pro Wraith, I hucked that Beast hard on a big hyzer line, and much to my bewilderment, drained it solid.

It was about parallel to the amateur tee, and a little behind, so 270-275 feet. My best par ever.

Last edited:
My three aces are all under 200' (185, 167, 166) Plus on Hole #7 at C.P. Adams I threw in about a 170' fairway approach. It was awesome . . . still waiting for that elusive 200' make, my guess is it will be an ace not an approach.

Latest posts