• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
good/bad: came in second two weeks in a row at PDGAs

ugly: The strokes I left on the course at both tourneys that would have gotten me first.

the good: didn't finish last in my first try in the open division at a pdga event.

the bad: one terrible round cost me a shot at staying competitive all weekend.

the ugly: the one round that cost me a lot of strokes. I was -11 for 3 rounds at Oakland (no round under 959 preliminary rating), but was a calender-year worst +11 at Indian Hills.

good: played a solid 2 rounds yesterday @ a tourney @ my local course

better- finished 2nd in advanced with a kick ass comeback round the 2nd round

bad- left alot of strokes on the course that could of put me in the lead .

ugly- doinking a putt in the play off round costing me to lose by 1 stroke for 1st :evil:

The Good: Shot a 1009 Rated Round at the Colorado State Championships over the weekend and went into the final round tied for 13th...
The Good: My putting was insane over the tournament. Missed only a handful of putts all weekend long. On the final round, I didn't miss a single putt, I attempted.

The Bad: Only shot a 960 round in the first round, but not too bad...

The Ugly: Fell apart in the final round, shot a +8 with 2 birdies, had tons of bad luck, bad kicks and a couple rolls that rolled down the mountain and dropped out of cash... :(

The Good: Deuced a previously unreachable hole with my first drive over 340' (by Google Earth / 350' by tee sign)

The Bad: Cooperatively doinked so many 20' putts with my casual dubs partner that another team caught up and tied us.

The Ugly: Losing the subsequent playoff on one of the easiest holes.

good: tied first in dubs for the 3rd straight week

bad: lost the playoff

good but annoying: lost the playoff b/c I overthrew the 307' hole with my comet by 40'.

Frank Delicious said:

good but annoying: lost the playoff b/c I overthrew the 307' hole with my comet by 40'.

Should have throw... the rawk.

Trey133 said:
Frank Delicious said:

I actually threw it first but nicked a tree that kicked it off left (I was cali).

Frank Delicious said:
Trey133 said:
Frank Delicious said:

I actually threw it first but nicked a tree that kicked it off left (I was cali).

Ah. We need to take a tour through leigh farms and middle creek before the FDC's so I can learn me some courses.

Good: A second place finish in Advanced Am this weekend at my home couse (Rosedale, KS).

Really Good: A forehand roller I threw on the 2nd to last hole of my 2nd round. I was in a bush, throwing through a gap, and needed the disc to cut left about 35 feet. I threw a Roc, and put it 12 feet past the pin.

Bad: First round score of 57 on the Down Under courses. Not a lot of stupid mistakes; just not enough birdies.

Ugly: The 2 inches of rain we got in the middle of our second round. I was playing super hot, but the 2 hour break cooled me off :(.

-There's a lot of 2's in that post.

Timko said:
Ugly: The 2 inches of rain we got in the middle of our second round. I was playing super hot, but the 2 hour break cooled me off :(.

I hate having to sit around like that. It's really hard to get back into a groove.

The good: I shot the second hottest round of the tourney today in open at 49.

The bad: My first round was a cruddy +2

The ugly: I missed a 15 footer and missed the cash by one spot.

Frank Delicious said:
Timko said:

I hate having to sit around like that. It's really hard to get back into a groove.

Ya, the eventual winner ended up giving up some strokes because of the restart, but I think if had been able to continue playing, I had a decent shot of catching him.

Jay and I have never met in person, but have talked on various message boards to each other for like 5 years. We played down under together that first round, and he is indeed a cool guy.

Good: Shot well in doubles
Bad: Blisters
Ugly: Got on a card with the "This disc is broken" "I just lost my magical park every hole disc" "There was bug spray on my hand" "You moved your pinky on my drive" "GODDDAAAAAMMIT FUCK FUCK FUCK"(in front of children of course) guy.
Good: Same guy "$10 CTP? I own this hole" followed by a 60 foot worm burner.

Haven't posted in here in forever...so..

Good: Cashed in AM1 for the first time in a while in a sanctioned event
Bad: Coughed up 1st place after the first round to finish in a tie for 4th :(
Ugly: Lost 3 discs in the water at the tourney, hence going from 1st to 4th.

Gooder: Got 2 of the 3 back already thanks to some awesome guys in the Quad Cities!

The good: Winning a playoff for 3rd in Barber Park leagues last night and cashing for the first time. Yeah!

The bad: Thought I lost my favorite 10x roc. Turns out it was Trey133 fucking with me. Bastage!

The ugly: Watching Trey doink so many putts. ;-)

Hey John,

You know what the real ugly portion was? Getting pencil whipped by you! haha, I should've been -5.

1 - 3
2 - 2
3 - 2
4 - 3
5 - 2
6 - 2
7 - 4
8 - 2
9 - 3
10 - 3
11 - 3
12 - 2
13 - 3
14 - 3
15 - 3
16 - 3
17 - 3
18 - 3

No biggie though, I shoulda checked :lol:

P.S. - In all seriousness though, 9 putts missed from within the circle. Yea boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.