• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

If the Champion PD were a mainstream Innova disc I think it would be incedibly popular. Most of the pro's I play with have an OOP that flies a lot like my C-PD. Stable CE FLs and Eagles, broken in Proline Firebirds (more glide than others since), and X Preds all fly a lot like the C-PD flies out of the box. Also, a lot of pros like to carry an more overstable Teebird than normal runs. I can't wait till I see Kenny and make him throw mine.

how many of the champion were run? i got 5 yellow dayglos, wondering if i should get more.
my main drivers went from z-preds and dx tee's (last 5 years) to champ and pro pd's and a pro leopard.
hopefully the 175 champ pd's will prove beefy enough as they wear.
interested to see if i get one of these 170 p pd's beat up enough to become nicely understable and work as a roller and kick the pro leo out.

jubuttib said:
I don't really need 3 since I already have two on the way, but two sounds fine.

I meant 3 for me :wink:. I'm just so tired I can't even write anymore :D. So let's split the treasure. I'll PM you when I know the price.

superdrive said:
jubuttib said:
I don't really need 3 since I already have two on the way, but two sounds fine.

I meant 3 for me :wink:. I'm just so tired I can't even write anymore :D. So let's split the treasure. I'll PM you when I know the price.
Roger that. =)

steven said:
how many of the champion were run? i got 5 yellow dayglos, wondering if i should get more.
my main drivers went from z-preds and dx tee's (last 5 years) to champ and pro pd's and a pro leopard.
hopefully the 175 champ pd's will prove beefy enough as they wear.
interested to see if i get one of these 170 p pd's beat up enough to become nicely understable and work as a roller and kick the pro leo out.

not sure but i do know sharon at dgv said they had a shit load of dayglows left. the orange are gone, not too sure about the other colors. i got the last 3 orange in today and these babies are more stiff than the first oranges i received . nothing bad,its a good thing for me.

nice drive kid said:
Tried a PD today.

It sucked.

I%20pity%20the%20fool!.jpg

Well I've played a hand full of rounds with my P PD and I'm still not sure what if it's going to make my bag. I've been having it compete with a Z Avenger and neither one is a clear cut winner yet. The other day I played a course and really needed the disc to just flatten out into the wind without the huge fade of a Pred. The Avenger did the job but the PD flipped and made a big s pattern. Today the winds were up to 30 mph and I found myself needing controlled hyzer flip annies into the wind. The PD did the trick and I threw it quite a bit today. Still a little dissapointed that the PD wasn't quite as stable as I wanted, but still a good disc.

booter said:
get an s pd . theyre a bit more stable than the p. the cpds are like predz
That sounds like a good idea. If I was going to change out my Preds for something it would be a XXX. A guy I played with today was throwing them into 30 mph head winds and they wouldn't even flip flat! Just held the hyzer angle! I was amazed.

booter said:

A new Z Predator is quite a bit more overstable than a C-PD. A C-PD is like a Z Pred with a year of heavy use, but the PD still has more foreward glide and a more Teebirdesque flight pattern.

I'm still very impressed with the forward fade of the PD,

Even when I mess up a throw and don't give the disc enough room to hyzer towards the basket or put it too high, it still fights farther forward than I think it will.

Trey133 said:
I'm still very impressed with the forward fade of the PD,

Even when I mess up a throw and don't give the disc enough room to hyzer towards the basket or put it too high, it still fights farther forward than I think it will.

You were rocking the C-PD all weekend and it was working really well for you. Made me almost wish I threw them. Some of those early hyzers definitely went farther than I thought they were going to.

discspeed said:
booter said:

A new Z Predator is quite a bit more overstable than a C-PD. A C-PD is like a Z Pred with a year of heavy use, but the PD still has more foreward glide and a more Teebirdesque flight pattern.

right you are sir. I was thinking about that after I re read my post.

Apparently I have a package waiting for me at the local post office, that can be picked up after 18:00 (16:55 atm). I WONDER what it could be...

*GLEEEEEE*

I was right, one orange, one dayglo. I weighed them at 175 for the orange and 173 for the dayglo, both marked 175 of course. The orange one had a noticeably higher parting line, so it'll probably be more stable. Both look terrific, I think I'll get to test them tomorrow.

nice drive kid said:
Tried a PD today.

It sucked.

So what about it was so bad for you? Also which kind did you throw? I didn't know if I should believe the hype before I got mine. I figured if anyone wouldn't like it, it would be me. But just a couple of throws made me a believer. The one I have (Blue C-PD) is much more useful than I thought it would be.

I took my PD's with some other various drivers out in the wind yesterday. It was blowing 25 mph and gusting to 50. I only average about 300' topping out at about 350'. The P PD turned over even with a healthy hyzer release into the wind but flew beautifully down wind. The S PD was the furthest for me into the wind and fought it nicely, never turning over at all. The C PD flew a lot like my Firebird for me.

I'm not sure these will make the bag long term for me yet, but I'll be playing around with them some more for sure. I love the way they feel in my hand but I don't really get any better results from them over my JLS's so I probably just don't have the arm for them yet. The P PD's still pretty new too so I'll keep it around and get it beat in a bit more before I make any real decisions about it.

ForeverBlue232 said:
nice drive kid said:
Tried a PD today.

It sucked.

So what about it was so bad for you? Also which kind did you throw? I didn't know if I should believe the hype before I got mine. I figured if anyone wouldn't like it, it would be me. But just a couple of throws made me a believer. The one I have (Blue C-PD) is much more useful than I thought it would be.

Just busting balls. I bought an S-PD x-out at Marshall Street and tried it out on the course there. I'm a die-hard Teebirder with no real need for a longer version, as I can push a TB out past 350'... any further away and I just throw a 167 Star Boss. I mostly bought it to see if it really did fly the same as a TB, and, for the two or so times I threw it, it did. Threw it once backhand and once forehand, and it stayed long and straight with a predictable fade at the end both times. Good disc, just too much of an overlap for me.

Latest posts