• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

He probably got a better deal from DD, but didn't have the greatest of years. Then instead of sticking with it, decided he could make more money just throwing better, with discs he favors... Or maybe Innova matched the DD offer...

He probably got a better deal from DD, but didn't have the greatest of years. Then instead of sticking with it, decided he could make more money just throwing better, with discs he favors... Or maybe Innova matched the DD offer...

It will be interesting to see what team they place him on. My gut tells me "Team Champion", but I feel he would be more deserving of being placed on "Crew" or even "Sponsored" level.

I would argue the new pearly 1.4 QOLFs are Firebird overstable. They also now have the EXP-X which is an updated Banshee. I would say the mids are the most lacking although some love the Aurora and swear by it. I find it slow and clunky compared to most Innova/DM mids. The most underrated disc of all the Innova blanket companies is the Sirius Scorpius. Scorp lovers would probably tell me to keep quiet but I have a pretty good stock of FR's so I'm okay with spilling. They sponsor a young player named Mason from South Texas that has lots of potential.

I like the Destroyer for mid to low wind drives, but when you kick up any wind the Sirius Scorpius is sweet! I like the way it flies regardless, but my arm just isn't big enough under downwind conditions.

It will be interesting to see what team they place him on. My gut tells me "Team Champion", but I feel he would be more deserving of being placed on "Crew" or even "Sponsored" level.

If they're redirecting their sponsorship money that would've gone to Keegan before, I'd guess he'd be headed to the Crew Team where Keegan was.

Innova should have a schedule for their team announcements, pretty annoying to have nearly every post in my news feed be people announcing that they are resigning with them. I understand them wanting to spread the word, but god damn god damn.

James Conrad, Lisa Fajkus, and Jessica Weese on Star Team
Josh Anthon, Bradley Williams, and Drew Gibson on Champion Team

Psyched for Conrad and glad they gave Brad and Anthon team spots.

Last edited:
Man, if this is true, I am so curious as to why he left Innova, went to DD, and then went back to Innova.

Here's my somewhat informed guess Money, mutual decision to leave DD, back to the familiar discs he grew up with.

Innova should have a schedule for their team announcements, pretty annoying to have nearly every post in my news feed be people announcing that they are resigning with them. I understand them wanting to spread the word, but god damn god damn.

Re-signing, resigning has the opposite meaning funny enough. :D

Here's my somewhat informed guess Money, mutual decision to leave DD, back to the familiar discs he grew up with.

Re-signing, resigning has the opposite meaning funny enough. :D

Agree with your informed guesses. My first thought was that he realized he just liked Innova discs better (shocking to DGCR peeps, I know, but it happens ;) ).

Then one wonders if going from there the "mutual decision" was made to happen...

So then he resigned, and resigned... :confused:

Waiting for Madison Walker to announce a move to DD. I would've thought by now she would had said she was being represented by Innova for 2018... Maybe I'm looking too far in to it?

Simple fix to this, click "unfollow". You are subjecting yourself to this, so you only have yourself to blame.

Also surprised that there was no fundraiser disc for Barsby this year. I thought he would have deserved to get one along with Conrad and the other two in this latest round of discs announced. There are a few members of the Champion team who got fundraiser discs this year who didn't have the presence at tournaments that Barsby did this year.