• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

HAH! Brodie throwing innova today in a post on IG stating trying out new discs. Glad to not see any more get freaky stuff on good discs.

Simon posted a "First Ace of 2023" video moments ago wearing a Discmania hoodie while throwing a Discmania disc. Time to churn on the ol' speculation machine some more.

Was a fun video. Cool ace.

I won't read into anything. But there wasn't any tells of a switch, imo. Just the P1-Ace doing it thing!

Simon posted a "First Ace of 2023" video moments ago wearing a Discmania hoodie while throwing a Discmania disc. Time to churn on the ol' speculation machine some more.

Was a fun video. Cool ace.

I won't read into anything. But there wasn't any tells of a switch, imo. Just the P1-Ace doing it thing!

Always possible that the possible move leak incentivized Discmania negotiations.

Ha and (unless it's more bad Photoshop) it looks like theres a doombird 4 in one of Simons shots.

Thank God, the internet can finally move on. I'm tired of bad Photoshop work every second post. First guy was funny, the 30 people a week too late are not.

Totally is a Doom Bird 4 in Horizon plastic.

Not saying MVP move is completely impossible even so, but this is a big step in the other direction. This is fun!

Whats not fun are bickering forum users thinking theres something to be won doing that. Whoever shuts up first wins. Both leaving that bone is a win-win. Until then every letter posted against the other is a massive loss.

that rear foot angle looks so open lol

Maybe a hold over of old Ultimate mechanics? That left foot would be the pivot point, and you do a lot of reaching out with your right foot (RH players) to get your throwing hand around defenders.

Those ultimate stances are not ideal for open field throws. But in the scramble game they are money. There's a corollary with the forehand where your weight is totally opposite... throwing right handed, leaning right, all weight on the right foot. [Whereas normally you'd be planting on the left foot for a RHFH throw.]

Simon posted a round on his you tube channel that he filmed on Jan 1st. He was wearing discmania gear and throwing their discs. He didn't mention a sponsorship change. I'm guessing he's staying put.

I'm not convinced the Happy New Year's segment was filmed, edited and uploaded on the same day.
Not dishonest or deceptive by any means, it's entertainment.
Don't put too much stock in him throwing DM in that round.
Simon is just being Simon.

If he's under contract with a different company they wouldn't want him putting out videos using his old companies stuff though.

Funny that Discraft reposted Brodies post when he tried new discs. Didn't they look at the pic or did they play along?

^^You and I have different definitions of epic.;)

Man, this thread was a fun read up until the foxystead slap fight.

Latest posts