• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Moving Basket

Don't really like it. I can do a hanging basket or two on a course but the spinning basket thing is just too much man-made ish to really fit in a natural setting of a dg course. I won't be installing anything like that at my course.

Here's a picture of the basket for those that can't see it on FB.

Attachments

• Basket rotating.JPG
    Basket rotating.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 49
kniess-miniature-golf.jpg

Not a fan.

Don't really like it. I can do a hanging basket or two on a course but the spinning basket thing is just too much man-made ish to really fit in a natural setting of a dg course. I won't be installing anything like that at my course.
Even if you had a spare motor lying around, and someone willing to run electrical to the location? :rolleyes:

This is one of those things that falls into the category of "just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you should."
I wouldn't mind this in something like the Tiki course at Blockhouse :thmbup: but not on a real course. :thmbdown: What's next windmills and screens that force bank shots.
^ this. I can see this on a course that's all about being different, like Tiki or some of the Hippodrome courses outside Augusta, GA (atleast from what I've read), but on a regular course intended to get any significant amount of traffic, league play, tourney play... bad idea.

Plus, if you think vandalism is a problem with stationary baskets... :rolleyes:

How did someone get a video of what all baskets do in my head when I'm putting?